Reviews for Spoons
HollowIsTheWorld chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
I can so see DG wanting to play Spoons. This sounds like me and my friends when we play. Last time, one person got bit, I got my hair pulled, and one of my friends somehow ended up with three of the spoons. I enjoyed this, it made me smile.
Dragonlady80906 chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
it sounds a lot like a game i learned recently called pit without the bull or bear. the game is played by collecting all of a "crop" (like wheat) there are 10 of one kind. anyone who gets the whole crop and a spoon gets 20 points. if you have the baer you loose 20, no spoon is -20, and if you get the bull and don't have a full crop you break even. get the bull a whole crop and a spoon you get double points. I think that's it. another version is played with a bell.
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
I think I'm impressed by DG's ability to remember all these different card games. I can't.
Miller0259 chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
HAHAHAHAHAHA Yessss!

How freaking cute is Cain! This fills me with warm fuzzies
Megan McAlistair chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
"Though, he supposed, one could consider this game a sort of training exercise"

technically one could consider almost anything a training exercise of sorts... sometimes you train your reflexes and sometimes your liver

"if he weren't fairly certain Raw was cheating, and he knew darned well that Princess Azkadellia was."

well they'd have to cheat to compete with the Tin Man

how else could one measure up to that level?

"and the guard bowed out of the game with a rueful smile"

somehow he had known it was going to be this way from the beginning

"he accidently grabbed extra spoons"

oh, chivalry at its best

how fitting that spoon and swoon are only one letter apart

this was a really cute and once again short thing

(which I noticed way late because of my current scheduling thing, go figure)

I just want to squee at it but I can't because that would wake up the neighbours

and this review needs to stop right here before I start to gush
EreshkigalGirl chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Hee-hee-hee! Silly Cain. If he thinks Spoons is an indicator of too much time on our hands, how would he react to Egyptian Rat Sqrew?
forestofmyown chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
I think I have gotten to the point where I favorite your stories just on principle. New one by animegus? Of course I want to add it to my favs. Now, what's it about? :) I have no idea what Spoons is, but this was still cute! Welcome back to FF, we hope to see you again soon!
Phoenix Spirit Fighter chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
LOL, this one's cute. I've been so busy writing my own stories that I haven't come back to read any for a while. Of course, when my friends and I play Spoons, we always have the spoons in another room; then it's even more like musical chairs and we all wear protective gear and mouth guards just to be on the safe side.
nightdrive23 chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Well I sure am happy I had you on email alert. My life has been so hectic, I am rarely on this site anymore, but I still await your stories. Of course, being 9 hours ahead of you I couldn't help but think, what a nice little Valentine's Day gift.
Bookworm Gal chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
You're a live. And still writing. I won't have to break out the cattle prod after all. Huzzah!

Well, this is certainly a fun little story. I've played this game before and it is entertaining. And I love how Cain grabbed an extra spoon for DG. It is rather sweet.

Terrific work. I hope to see more "Tin Man" stuff from you soon. Please?
Queen Isabella chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Mmm,I wonder what else his big hands are good for? ;)
EvilFaerie17 chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Haha awesome. Spoons is my game! I like never lose and I don't even cheat :)

Good work there, Cain. It's not your fault if you ”accidentally” grab extra spoons that would so happen keep DG in play. Funny how that worked out ;)

ttfn!