Reviews for The Bet: A Study In Scarlet
xThomas2 chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
Weird
DragonLord1975 chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
Funny how Akane is receiving training in another realm. Also, nice touch with Ranma interacting with other anime characters. I'm currently working on a fanfic for the ages called "Ranma 1/2: Wild Adventures Throughout the Aniverse" or for English dub fans, "Ranma & Akane's Excellent Adventures".

My first round will have Ranma and Akane go to Ikebukuro to retrieve something for Nabiki. This chapter is called "DuRaRaRanma! Weird Visit to Ikebukuro!"

If you plan on doing more Ranma stories, might I suggest something? I noticed Ranma having a friendly conversation with "F3: Frantic, Frustrated & Female" cutie Hiroe Ogawa. What if Ranma found himself/herself in Shinagawa District (other side of Tokyo from Nerima Distrct) and at the Ogawa residence? Hiroe, her big sister Mayaka, weird mother Yayoi, and Hiroe's classmate Takami Oide find themselves ready to test Ranma's endurance in the worst way! And Akane might get the same if she's not careful...
obscure999 chapter 5 . 7/20/2011
I stumbled across the original Gregg Sharp story recently and enjoyed your continuation. It is nice to see a good Akane centric story particularly since it seems in recent years the Ranma fandom has being largely dominated by 'Ranma-sue' stories. This new Akane makes for an interesting character, and it is nice to see a story that demonstrates her flaws without turning her into a simple minded violent idiot with no redeeming qualities as so many fanfic authors seem to do. I am presuming that since this was published back in 1999, at least on that it will not be continued never the less even unfinished it made for a highly entertaining story and easily justified the time taken to read it.
DCWestby chapter 5 . 1/19/2011
Hmm, It would be nice if this story was worled on further.
notBald chapter 5 . 1/27/2007
Old story, but great story none-the-less. It certainly shows that the idea of a ‘powerful Akane’ has merit, but it would perhaps have been more interesting if Akane didn’t have foreknowledge. *shrugs*
DCWestby chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
Good story.. Needs finishing tho...
strangerthanthou chapter 5 . 10/13/2003
i can't believe i picked such an old fic to read! this is good! and i want it to keep going - when did you stop writing...20? gees, at least finish your fics before you vanish without a trace. just kidding...sort of. if time isn't an issue, and you're still writing, i would love to finish reading this story.
dogbertcarroll chapter 5 . 8/29/2003
He was as close to invulnerable as a human being can

get, due to a lifetime of grueling martial arts training under

one of the strictest teachers on the planet.

The tears were what got him.

LOL! I Love it.

Kasumi walked up the steps to Tofu-Sensei's clinic, and

watched pleasantly as several people walked out, apparently

feeling much better. Tofu-Sensei could certainly work wonders.

*grin* I forgot that people always fled when they saw

Kasumi approach 's clinic.

Stewart's school of the Art had been "Phuk Yu" and had

involved a lot of head-butting and kicking folks while

they were down. LOL. I'm surprised I hadn't thought of

using that one myself!

Upperclasshole Kunou and the Horde of Hentai..."

LOL. You have a way with words that I envy.

Great story. I guess after 4 years we can consider it abandoned.

Damn! I was really enjoying it too!
dogbertcarroll chapter 4 . 8/29/2003
Masaki style Kendo? I didn't think Kasumi

was Jurian or a practitioner.

LOL. Will Akane quite snogging the elf?

Great chapter.
dogbertcarroll chapter 3 . 8/29/2003
"I can't believe you! You'd hit your own SISTER?

What kind of a monster ARE you?"

Tense scene. Well played.

Nabiki seems to be responding to Ranma. If Kasumi

does end up with he may not end up with

Akane after all.

I'm surprised at the dragon's plans. He would be

undoing what his friend went to great lengths

to accomplish. I would think he would rather

find a way to get her settled in her new life.
dogbertcarroll chapter 2 . 8/29/2003
"And she wuz nekkid! Nekkid I tells ya! Hotcha!"

I can just see a chiba-Happi in his head! *grin*

"Hah! Take THAT, hel-spawned monster!"

LOL. Poor Betty-chan.

Great chapter. Very well thought out. I'm surprised

at Tofu's actions tho' I've always wondered why

Ranma trusted him after that little move in the series.

Then again Ranma forgave people who did quite a bit

worse.
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 8/29/2003
Akane as Scarlet the flawed hero/villain was a

brilliant idea. I'm happy to see someone working

on it.

Spring-of-Drowned-Panda-with-a-Deviated-Septum

LOL!

Great ending!
ShakaZulu chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
you HAVE to keep writing this!
Mako-clb chapter 5 . 8/8/2002
This is, without a doubt, the strangest Ranma story I have ever read. The strange twists and turns are what keep me reading.
Daisuke chapter 5 . 7/22/2001