Reviews for Hiding Out
paz chapter 7 . 8/23
Owsum
Shadowdog11 chapter 2 . 6/6
"And even though you're 21 no relations until you're married. I need you to swear on it" hmm. Both adults? Check. Just broke new millennium? Check. Dealt with being controlled all his life? Check. Yeah that scenario wouldn't have happened let alone played. Ignore that and it's good so far
Noremac Samoht Doowreshi chapter 7 . 6/4
AWESOME
Ok I got that out of my system my thoughts on a possible sequel is that it would have to be 2 stories as jumping from the original 6 and the living would be confusing
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 2/19
A very nice story. The idiots got their just desserts. Well, a lot more just than they usually get.

I suppose that Wizengamot meeting truly showed just how much damage even well-meaning people like Kingsley and McGonagall (not to mention Dumbledore) can do when they start trying to act "for the Greater Good" and trample over the needs of the individual. In the end, isn't the Greater Good made up of a bunch of individuals? If those who are supposed to be educating our children and watching over society can't even properly teach one kid and keep him safe from harm, why should we trust them with the education of a nation's children and the rights and protection of every magical being in said nation?

Sadly, both Kingsley and Minerva were in positions to make some desperately needed changes, and they let the opportunities slip through their fingers. Perhaps, if they had ASKED Harry's input about the needed changes, he might gladly have put his name and efforts behind them. As one who had been failed by Hogwarts repeatedly, he knew many of the changes that needed to be made if British magical society as a whole was ever going to move forwards and catch up with the rest of the magical communities of the world.

Harry also understood the needs of the disenfranchised magicals in Britain and knew some of what needed to happen in this flexible climate, before the Old Guard could once again reclaim power and return to their corrupt status quo. Unfortunately, Kingsley used Harry's hard-won knowledge and experience as window dressing, the way Fudge would have done, losing Harry's support and respect forever in the process ... and nothing changed, at least, not before a lot of critical years were wasted. Very sad.

Fortunately, though, Harry and those he came to love and trust were able to build a world which met their needs and kept them safe and happy and out of the clutches of those who were too stupid to appreciate them. Finally, Harry got his Happily Ever After. :)
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 2/19
How sad that - even when confronted with the evidence that Hogwarts is offering an inferior education to the future Witches and Wizards of Britain - the members of the Wizengamot prefer to cling to the status quo rather than admit their weaknesses and fix them. At this rate, what will become of the Wizards of Britain? It sounds as if the other magical races (Centaurs, Elves, Goblins, and others) in Britain are leaving them in the dust of their own decay.

I hope the corrupt old windbags don't try to hunt them down.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 2/19
Victor's engagement reminded me of this conversation between Morag's parents and Harry and Morag before the wedding: " ... we will require a magical oath from both of you promising no relations until the wedding night. This is not negotiable and you will understand our reasons after you are married." Is something special supposed to happen, other than what has already happened? Just curious. I'm also curious to "meet" Victor's fiancé. Is it someone we already know?

I've been curious about the absence of Luna. She seemed to always be one of the few who could look past the hype and see the REAL Harry, and she never had an agenda where he was concerned. She just loved him for the true friend he was. Since she didn't marry either Neville or Harry, as I might have expected, what has happened to her? It seems unlikely, but could she be Victor's mysterious fiancé?

It sounds as though Harry's broom will be a hit, assuming anyone can afford to buy one. I find myself wondering if Harry will be gifting the brooms to those he considers true friends. I guess that remains to be seen, but it would be a very Harry thing to do! ;)
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 2/19
I'm curious to know why Fleur would like to "further insult" House Weasley. Has Bill done something inappropriate, or is this aimed at Molly's disrespectful treatment of Fleur during her courtship with Bill? That behavior does show us that a certain amount of Pureblood, "anti-creature bigotry" does exist in the Weasley matron, regardless of how well she tries to hide it.

Victor seems quite upset to learn that he backed away from Hermione only for her to fall into Weasley's hands. Unfortunately, I suspect that - as they came to know each other better - the things about her character that drove away Harry would have eventually driven away Victor.

I hope Harry and Morag are careful and don't take unnecessary risks. His life has been full of them, and it's time to leave them behind, IMO. I'm glad the Potters and Longbottoms are once again allied with each other ... and now the Centaurs. I hope Harry and Neville, as well as their lovely spouses, are able to begin working on equal rights for all sentient magical races.
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 2/19
Whoa! Harry certainly burned a lot of bridges there, although I doubt he really cares anymore. He probably doesn't feel they lead to anything worth keeping.

It must have really hurt to be used by both Kingsley and McGonagall. He probably felt that - as they had both seen firsthand how Albus had used and manipulated him, and how much it had hurt him - they would take care not to follow DumDum's example. Sadly, he learned that they were not above cashing in on his name to meet their agendas.

I would have thought that Ron and Hermione's ill treatment would hurt the most; however, Harry has had plenty of experience with Ron as a fair weather friend over the years, so he comes as no big surprise. Hermione had been bossing him around for years and acting like she knew what was best for him; and she showed her fair weather friend potential during Harry's sixth year, so she didn't have far to fall, either. Fan-girl Ginny and brown-noser Percy were also not big surprises, but George was rather a stunner. I would never have expected him to betray Harry.

Harry's reaction to Molly is no surprise, really. Her treatment of Sirius - despite the fact that she and her family lived under his protection and at his expense - was despicable. She attempted to undermine his relationship with Harry and override his authority, all while enjoying his hospitality. Her attempts to control Harry set my teeth on edge throughout Book five; I can't imagine how they affected Harry. He holds no ill will towards Bill and Charlie ... although he seems to worry that Bill may hold the same negative potential as Molly and the younger brothers and issues a warning. Harry does appreciate the truly genuine fatherly feelings Arthur has shown him, and he seems to realize that Arthur doesn't really belong to the rest of the clowns in the Weasley circus.

Neville and Katie seem to agree with Harry's assessment of those in the letter. I hope they can become close to Harry and Morag at some point, as people really do need friends.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 2/19
I'm glad that Lily's ring accepted Morag. I confess to being terribly curious - in a rather naughty, mischievous way - to know how the ring would have "behaved" had Harry ignored his feelings and proposed to Ginny, as everyone expected him to do. Would it have zapped her in some painful way? Would it have spoken aloud her true motives? Or would it have simply disappeared from her finger and returned to his vault? (I can't help it ... I'm envisioning both Ginny and Molly getting a royal dressing down from a ghostly Lily for their mercenary designs on Harry.)

"There were times when Harry wanted nothing more than to talk with his best friend Hermione. The only thing that stopped him from contacting her was he couldn't trust her to keep it between them."

You know, I've often wondered if Hermione ever "reported" on Harry's various "activities" to Dumbledore during some of his more stressful times at Hogwarts. She loves being "in the know" - privy to information others do not have - and perceiving herself as some sort of "confidante" to Dumbledore would have been an offer too tempting to pass up, don't you think? Just a thought that has been rolling around in my brain ...
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 2/18
Interesting choice of Morag as a love interest. I've probably read at least 200 HP fanfics, and I think she has figured in only one other, as far as I can remember. She's a good choice, as she is only mentioned (I think) in Book 1. This allows an author a lot of latitude with her character's personality and abilities. I look forward to discovering how you see her.

Hermione's "blind spot" to being used by McGonagall and others reminds me of Percy and his blindness to the way the Ministry was using him. Sadly, I think both cases are due to the same kind of arrogance. Both Hermione and Percy believed that their superior intelligence would make them immediately desirable as employees on their own merit. Neither would believe that they were useful only as "bargaining chips" for one agenda or another, neither had many friends, and both labored under the handicap of poor people skills. The truth of this was brought home to Percy before it was too late. While Hermione should know better, she is blinded by her ego at the moment. Unfortunately, I fear it will be too late by the time the scales fall from her eyes.

It looks as if Harry has found a family who may be able to offer him the love, warmth, and acceptance he craves. I hope so.
Saissa chapter 7 . 2/9
Excellent story.

I always love stories where Harry gets to really STICK IT to the wizarding world!

and in this story, he does it very nicely!
hogwartsfan1 chapter 7 . 2/9
Enjoyed very much, would like to see a continuation.
finnavx chapter 7 . 1/28
It was a nice ending to the story
harryislife chapter 7 . 12/25/2015
I liked everything apart from the end where Harry forgave Hermione and just acted like years of abandonment were fine. If I ignore that tiny thing, I really like this story. What happened Teddy Lupin?
BikerSHAM chapter 7 . 10/28/2015
Absolutely amazing story ! Your writing has definitely improved. Can't wait to read your other longer stories !
Keep up the Great work, and don't stop...
/Salute, SHAM...8-)