Reviews for Art of the Reasoner
Dead Hero chapter 1 . 3/30
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHH! Holy fuck. As an artist, I am absolutely in the detail, colors and depth of this fanfiction. This is a-fucking-MAZING. I can not wait to read the sequel. God, I wish I was as good as an artist as you described Sherlock to be.
Eternal Cat Moon chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
Love it!
Update soon!
Eternal Cat Moon
Feather Lies chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
To me it had always been words that resonated. Everything and anything could be written with words. Words that danced though the air and swirled away capturing those moments in time more fleeting than a wish. For the longest time though I wouldn't see those words, couldn't feel them flowing through me anymore, couldn't grasp them in my hand as they danced before my eyes as it was so blank. Like the world had been drowned in grey and I felt so cold. I never thought I would ever see them again. Never let the words whisper and curl around me... but this changed me. Brought me life in death and I’m alive again. I don't know whether to laugh or cry or just... just ... Thank you, thank you so very much.
the-compulsive-tea-drinker chapter 1 . 9/2/2014
This was one of the most beautifully written awe-inspiring pieces of writing I have read. It made me want to cry, partly because the images you were creating were so amazing they made me really quite emotional. Don't stop writing. I'm almost speechless at just how good this was.
Tamuril2 chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
Tam: *struggles to form words* Bah...uhh...hahhh...mahhh..
Sally: *steps back* Guys, get Sherlock.
Anderson: *grumbles* Why? He never does anything worth -
Sally: *freaks* NOW!
Anderson: *makes a girly squeak and runs off* Okay, okay, I'm going!
Tam: *twitches*
Sally: *gulps* Wadda we do, John?
John: *blinks* You're asking me? Sherlock's the genius, not me.
Sally: *glares* Yeah, but you live with him. Fix her, before she goes all fasngirl on us.
Latrade: *sighs* Too late.
Tam: *fangirls* GAHHH, SHERLOCK AS AN ARTIST! *does dance* Best day EVER!
Sally: *winces at her pitched tone* Watson, now!
John: *huffs* I can't...waaiiitt...*whipes out a Sherlock plushie* Taaammm, lok what I have.
Tam: *pauses* A Sherlock plushie? Gimme, gimme!
John: *holds it out of reach* Not until you do a proper review.
Sally: *scoffs* Like she's ever done that before.
Tam: *pouts* I have so! I just stopped.
Sally: *groans* Why?
Tam: *giggles* Boring.
John: *wiggles plushie* Come on, Tam, be a good girl and review.
Tam: *folds arms and sticks out lip* Fine, but I won't like it.
John: *grins* Sure, Tam, whatever you say.
Tam: *glares* Meany...

1) Oh my goodness, Sherlock's an artist. My dreams have just come true (well, on of them anyway). He was so sweet, and bright, and crazy (but in a good way...the kind that most genius' have). I loved him to bits, the little dearling. You're writing style did this story such justice.

2) I'm so glad Sally wasn't as mean to Sherlock in this fic. It always bugged me that she was in the series. This Sally is much more likeable and kind (though she still has some spark of the series Sally). Me like. Me like a lot.

3)My, oh my, all those questions at the end. What happened to Sherlock? Why's there no record of him working with Lastrade (did Jim erase it all, to discredit all his good deeds?)? What does that waterfall thing mean? Does John suceed in finding Jim and killing him? Is Sherlock faking his death, like in the series? And, WHY DID YOU END IT THERE?! Man, I'm going to have to read this companion fic now.

All in all? Awesome story. *favorites* Thakns for posting this on FF.

Tamuril2
Hedwig's Owl chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
Amazing. Absolutely amazing. I am captivated by your Sherlock, and you make this an absolutely believable AU. Beautifully written. Wonderful work. Thank you for sharing!
Icefire1224 chapter 1 . 5/31/2014
This is by far the best piece of writing I have read in a long time. I loved the way you wrote about the art, and even though the end frustrated me (I really want to know what's written next), I thought it was the best possible ending for this story. It was brilliant, I I feel sorry for all the people who haven't read this, they are missing out on something amazing.
Rachelea chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
Hey, I was just rereading your story and realized I have never left a review. This is probably my favorite fanfic ever; it's beautiful. I'm a artist too-sort of, anyway, I alternate between art and writing and learning violin-and I can't even begin to tell you how much this inspires me. I can feel the desperation in Sherlock's art. Thank you for writing this.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
This is amazing! It's fantastic, very original. I love the descriptions of all the art and history book excerpt at the end. Keep writing, great work :)
Ryah Ignis chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
Whoa.

...

What did I just read?

That, my friend, was one of the most gorgeous peices of writing (forget fanfiction, I mean writing in general) that I have ever had the pleasure of reading in my life. Your purposefully disjointed style was pulled off with ease, and drew me in rather than shut me out.

You developed Sherlock beautifully. I don't think I'll ever see him the same again. Oddly enough, the mad creator description fits him so well, though I suspect that was mostly due to your flawless characterization.

There were so many lines that I enjoyed, I can't even begin to list them all. Just know that your almost free verse poetry writing style begs to be read aloud.

I actually liked the ending, the vagueness. It's reminiscent of how we remember artists today, looking back on their art but not so much them as a people.

I'm not an artist, though I wish I could draw something more than stick figures. That said, your descriptions of his artwork made me want to pick up a paintbrush and just go. So beautiful. Are you an artist?

In short, this was the most magnificent fanfiction I've ever read. I don't favorite often, the ones I choose being my favorites of all time. So here's to your wonderful story :)
somaar chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
Despite what some of your other reviews say, I really enjoyed that fact that you kept this as one chapter. It's rather refreshing, and if anything, makes it feel as though his life was actually continuous, rather than the broken effect multiple chapters would have produced.

As for the story, your interpretation is amazing. Modern Holmes, but now an artist. You did it exceptionally well, and far more people should be reading your story. Personally, your lack of readers might be because most people see the world length and the lack of chapters might come across as daunting. Either way, the story is utterly brilliant.

I'm not sure if you yourself are an artist, but either way, you seem to truly love art. I loved reading your descriptions of Sherlock's art pieces, and just how the deductions change ever so slightly now that they're perceived from the eyes of an artist.

Well done to you. Anyone who was intimidated by the length of your story and gave up because of it truly missed out on a great read.

(I've read this story 3 times now, and I don't regret it).
amanda chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
Wow. Just... wow.

You have created an intricate and unique and utterly real world here.

This will stay with me for a while.

Thank you for sharing your work.
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
That was a truly amazing AU! You really captured the characters and their slightly different world in a fascinating and beautiful way, thank you.
Arty Diane chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
That was a really brilliant story. I wish you had broken it down to chapters, a 45k one shot is pretty intimidating, heck it took me almost 3 days to finish it!

I loved all the art you described in this story, all the techniques and colors were fascinating! The emotional ups and downs of Sherlock were shown very strongly, their association with colors was done beautifully.

I liked how you varied between time periods. The jump from past to present added variation to the story.
I wish you had continued the end, I'm so willing to buy that book!
furthercuriosities chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
This story is beautiful from beginning to finish. It's a considerable feat, balancing little snippets of imagery in a semi-stream of consciousness narrative with so much quality character development, but you manage it wonderfully. Bravo. This is a story that will stick with me.