Reviews for I Will Follow
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
What happens to the others, and in the end? Will there be an outside point of view? And, what of the Ishtars, Bakura, and the event coordinators on the blimp? They are still there outside, yes?

brittney
Doubleplusgoodduckspeaker chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
I really enjoyed reading this-I'm always so intrigued by how authors describe virtual worlds, so I really thought your word choice was really great, talking about pixels and fractals (all of my love!) and how things still look shimmery and beautiful even though their world is breaking apart.

For concrit, and this might just be a personal me-thing, but if you're doing to have parentheses in your story, I'd like to see you really commit to it. You use them once, in the very beginning, and I think it would be more effective if you either go all the way with it, or don't use them in your piece.

But this was great, and you always write so well I look forward to reading your pieces every week. Thanks for writing this!
My Misguided Fairytale chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
Ooh, I liked this. It's so wonderfully bleak, it reminds me of some of your 8.5 stories (Conceit, I think? xD), and your word economy is excellent, the story feels very 'complete' even though it's pretty short. It makes for a good read, and the images are very strong (the swing seat, pixels crumbling, etc etc). Good work on this, and keep it up! )

~Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)
Chicary chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
I love your prose and how you've kept it canon but twisted it just a little bit. And these 'what if?' stories are really interesting to read because we get to see a side of the characters we wouldn't normally see in the canon. It's disheartening to see them end up like this and taking a risk at this point sounds like a logical choice. Beautiful piece.
bakurae chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
oh my gosh. this was just written so wonderfully! the ending really hit me right in the heart, too.

it was just really sweet and augh. good luck in the contest! C:
Dusty Llama chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
I enjoyed that, right from the beginning, it made sense. The tragedy of it flowed throughout, and you still maintained characterized dialogue while writing good prose.

The concept, of course, is unique and well-executed. You have a very interesting take on the three of them, especially in this circumstance.

Good luck!
OxEyed chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Wow, this was wonderful. I loved the concept of being stuck in the Virtual World. When you think about it, it's a pretty terrifying concept, and your description of their surroundings really reflected that. The melancholy, hopeless mood carried well throughout the narrative without diminishing the personalities of the characters. I really like their different responses to their situation; I can see that you have a good grasp on all of their personalities. Good job and good luck!
yllimilly chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Wonderful idea, wonderfully executed. The length of the piece was just right, and you balanced the description/introspection quite nicely, too. I'd like to see more of your Digital/Shadow World headcanons in the future. I also liked how subtle the romantic component was. Best of luck!

Milly
Graces of the Child chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
I liked the emotion and mood you set for the piece. A bit angsty for me, but a really strong start to the contest. :)