Reviews for An Unbridgeable Distance
zigra chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
almost made me cry... thanks for sharing
JamSack chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
ah, one of my favourite scenes - it was so well done and your/Edward's perspective was brilliant - the title really says it all for that scene! Thanks for adding to the E&E fics!
"his resolve might falter and there was no telling what dire complications would ensue from another foolish decision." love that line !
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Finally I found something about my favourite couple :D

It was really good! :D

Keep on the good work!
NMKK chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Oh...my...goodness... I am begging you, please write one for the last scene or after they get engaged. You write beautifully!
leyapearl chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Very nice. I like how you had them convey so much to each other in looks and subtext.
theredrobin chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
The quiet anguish and regret comes through this piece very clearly. I always felt bad for Elinor of course, but Edward was always more complicated. He is trying to to act honorably by maintaining his hasty engagement to Lucy, but he's breaking both his heart and Elinor's in the process - all of which you captured here very nicely.

I especially like this line: "Part of him had always hoped that his affection for her was one-sided, if only to spare her from the sting of separation. But he knew and he saw that she had loved him too and there was no way to ease the blow."

Oh, and the BBC version is my favorite as well; that's the case for me with most of the Austen adaptations.
TheLadyW chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Well done.

I adore Elinor and Edward, and even though this story is not happy, you treated them very well.

I fully approve of all good efforts to increase the E/E story pool. Thank you.