Reviews for Shadow of a Heatbeat
Guest chapter 14 . 12/3/2012
Oh...now isn't that just cute? I bet Milady had to barf...
Gwennie chapter 4 . 6/18/2012
This was a rather short chapter but I can see now that the plan has been put into action.

This story is like the missing pieces of the book. A what happened behind the scenes of Constance, Rochefort, and Milady de Winter.
Gwennie chapter 3 . 6/18/2012
I tend to find that the French are big on their wine. Just whatever you do, never bring a bottle of wine to a French friend's house. They tend to take great offence to it ;)

Well, anyway back to the story. I really like Constance in this one. Your portrayal of her is perfect. Also Rochefort- as a person who has a soft spot for the mysterious Rochefort of the Three Musketeers, I think he was in character in this one though I did find it a bit odd that he would bring in firewood. I think it is a nice gesture and it is obvious that he has good intentions but I know that he has a plan!

What I really like about your story is the fact that you have these two characters down correctly- your plots are really original and they make great, excellent reads! To be more honest with you, I view your portrayal of these two characters the exact same way that Alexandre Dumas portrayed them in his books. You've got Constance's naiveness down correctly and also her trusting nature and you have really managed to get into the head of Rochefort and make him more canon, which is what I enjoy!

I love seeing a cunning Rochefort, he wasn't evil in the books but he was the lapdog of Richelieu, if you'd like to call him that.

I am eager to read more of this story and will read the rest of the chapters.
Gwennie chapter 2 . 6/13/2012
I had the suspicion that everything was too good to be true! Constance is naive to think that her mysterious saviour is anything but bad- well, I suppose she didn't know him at all! She would trust Rochefort with her life if he had saved her from those men and from getting spoiled.

Of course Rochefort was in character. He is always a favourite of mine, obviously he isn't a bad character but you do have his sly nature down correctly!

I shudder to think of what Rochefort has in mind for Constance- he seems bent on revenge for d'Artagnan... even though it was the latter doing all the revenge seeking in the books!

I really do enjoy your stories and am eagerly going onto the next chapter!
Gwennie chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
I am positive that I have already reviewed this chapter but I wanted to re-read it because I have forgotten how it went.

I think that you did a very good job on the story, I really like seeing Constance in character. She was a strong willed woman but she was vulnerable and didn't know how to fight her way out of a situation. I also like Rochefort in character as well. I don't like seeing him in stories where he is the evil villain and prefer him in his canon form. You have acheived characterization extremely nicely and everything fits in!

I look forward to reading more chapters because the story itself is rather interesting and it makes me wonder what Rochefort was really doing near Constance that day. I think I may find out that answer soon enough!
lilgenious chapter 11 . 5/18/2012
Yes! Rochefort is a name of nobility in France. It was at least during the 17th century so I am very happy that you put that into the story as Rochefort is a gentleman. He even keeps to his quiet and more noble ways when he becomes friends with d'Artagnan.

I am very happy that I caught up as I can now eagerly await your next chapter! I wonder what other questions Constance has for Milady and I also wonder if the latter has a plan.

Thanks for posting this!
lilgenious chapter 10 . 5/18/2012
I really liked this sentence, or half of a sentence. When you describe d'Artagnan's love for both of the women. Constance could tell that this had something to do with him but I am wondering how this is so... I have to backtrack but did Milady de Winter tell her this information? I will read from the beginning again to see if I can find this out. But the sentence that I really liked was: "the thorn between two roses."

You did a very good job at describing Milady's hate for d'Artagnan. Even if it was a detail made by Constance who loves the man dearly. I also think you did a very great job at showing Constance this way. I think that she would have been very interested in knowing more about Rochefort and I believe that she is trying to find out this information through the only person who does know him very well. He is a very mysterious character! I am eager to find out more about him!
lilgenious chapter 9 . 5/18/2012
I suppose Constance would rely on Rochefort a lot more than Milady de Winter. In this story, I can see the trust that she has for him and I think it may have had something to do with how he saved her before. I just hope that Milady doesn't decide to get rid of him because of it as poor Constance would turn hopeless. Especially since she knows him more than she does Milady.

I like how Rochefort does not have that much trust in Milady. Though the two are rather close, I can see that he doesn't feel that trust for her, especially regarding Constance and how she is d'Artagnan's lover- Rochefort would have surely realised that either through Milady or from Richelieu.
lilgenious chapter 8 . 5/18/2012
I saw that you updated and decided to finally catch up on this story so I could see what will happen to Constance.

I doubt very much that Milady de Winter would have been mean to Constance when she took her. I am very happy that you gave the feel of Milady as a mother and Constance as the child. We know what happens in the end but Milady wouldn't have gotten violent, especially since she wanted to use Constance as a tool for revenge against d'Artagnan.

I really like Rochefort in this! You portrayed his character extremely well in this chapter and I am very happy that he is getting attention- not only that but I could see this happening in the missing scenes of the book. Rochefort acting as a protector and Milady de Winter acting as a kind of mother towards Constance who is a little naive at times. All in all, your characterisation of all the characters in this story are all in character! I can also see that underlying hatred for d'Artagnan that really gives the story an edge.

This is extremely well written so far and I hope to continue reading it to find out more about the plans that Milady will come up with. Something that I felt was really missing from the book and plays.
lilgenious chapter 7 . 4/6/2012
This is great! Milady definitely seems to like playing mind games but she is a great character just the same.

I like the part about how Constance thought of d'Artagnan. She would have been thinking about him all the time. I really like how you did this chapter! Continue up the great work.
lilgenious chapter 6 . 3/30/2012
You've got Constance's character really down in this chapter. She would have ran back to the room when she realised the awkward state she was in, especially since she didn't know where Milady was to sleep.

I also love how you got Milady's character down as well and of course Rochefort's. Your portray Milady de Winter in a light that shows her villain side but also her more human side. As for Rochefort, I always had the feeling that he liked Milady more than a friend.

I really like this story and cannot wait to read more! You have such talent in drawing in your readers. Keep up the great work!
lilgenious chapter 5 . 3/30/2012
I like how Milady de Winter is in the picture now. I have the feeling that things have turned a little bit dangerous for Constance. Now the question is: is Rochefort going to be enemy or is he going to turn out friend? I cannot wait to read the next chapter to find out what the answer is.

You have done a great job! I really like this story so far.
Gwennie chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
I love all your stories! I really like your portrayal of Constance; she isn't exactly a victim but she isn't the perfect character either, she still has her weaknesses. I love this story so far and am eager to read more of it. Rochefort seems like he is up to his old tricks again. Hopefully this time though he is to be a friend and not betray Constance to Milady de Winter.
lilgenious chapter 4 . 3/14/2012
Rochefort kidnapped Constance. Hmm it seems like him to do that. I really like this story! Just like I love all of your stories- they are all great!
lilgenious chapter 3 . 3/7/2012
I wonder what Rochefort is up to.

I really do like your portrayal of Constance; she can keep her own yet she has her weaknesses. That is the same in the books- but I really do like how you are putting more to her character and she isn't at all portrayed as the victim that Alexandre Dumas has got her as. Rochefort's character is cunning, like he is in the book and I really enjoy reading stories with him in it.

As always, you are doing a wonderful job!