Reviews for Each Man Kills The Thing He Loves
StArBarD chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
Amazingly frightening.
AreYouReady chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
This is quite... Appropriate? Is that the word?
Yes. It's appropriate.
Lawliet Holmes chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Well, after a brief absence I retern to reading your stories and am very impressed. Thank you kindly for writing this
Chjajcjjslakncjska chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god WOW! That was bloody BRILLIANT. You are amazing. *shiver* terrifying.. but brilliant
PerfidiousSnatch chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
OH MY GOD! All the feelings! I can't handle this!
Zora Arian chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
Oh gosh, I AM DAMN GLAD IT WAS A DREAM.

The parts when Mycroft saw the younger version of Sherlock scared and trustful of his older brother to make the better decision made me cry... T.T Really made me feel for my own siblings, this fic :DDD
Wrider1004 chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
You just tore my heart out. Mycroft, you're so dense for being one of the most brilliant minds of all time. Again, fantastic writing. I literally started crying - which is a good thing. :)

Cassi
Scolander chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Oh my word. Not only that but I actually get the metaphor that the dream is... Woah. Very, very dark in my honest opinion!

Great work. :)
MsPringles chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
I can't quite find the words to express myself yet. I don't even know what my feelings are doing. It's just like a dream, the setting, scene switches, sherlock's death...It's really interesting to see the interactions between Mycroft and Moriarty (even if it's just a dream). And the way Mycroft reacted after he woke up felt particularly real.

Brilliantly written, I'll go cry now.
Anowen18 chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
This is...absolutely brilliant. No, seriously. I'm totally blown away.
OrangeZest100 chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
lotluz chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Oh, another thing, I would love to see Mark Gatiss act this scenario out. I think I would use up a half a box of tissues if that happened.

I have always wondered, was Mycroft Moriarty's first target, but since the 'iceman' would not budge to play his game, he moved to the other Holmes brother, who relishes the challenge.

I don't know if my eyes were fooling me, but I thought, when watching A Scandal in Belgravia, there was a flich in Sherlock's eyes when Mycroft mentioned that Moriarty was desperate for his attention. And this was after knowing how much of a psychopath Moriarty is, in The Great Game.

I cannot wait for Season 3 and also your next fanfic.
lotluz chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
I love how you wrote this story, as disjointed as a dream would be. Scenes fading into one another, without knowledge of how you got to this point. You made the readers feel as confused as Mycroft.

I'm sure this thought weighs heavily in the back of Mycroft's mind, knowing his weakness will be his brother. So Mycroft placates this knowledge with the mantra, caring is not an advantage. But his mind even manifested a scenario, as a test of his words, for Queen and country.

It is one thing to deliberate worries and outcomes, but another when your subconscious mind creates a situation where you are living it. Even though you wake up knowing it was only a dream, your feelings and reactions are authentic. Will that affect and change your decision, or will you stay with your original decision and relive the trepidation.

Thanks for your story
Thatnerdygirl chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Most amazing thing i have ever read. I can't actually describe how emotionly hurting that was. But in a good kind of way? I was crying my eyes out! Sitting here in a pool of my own tears...Thanks... Loved it anyway :) x
TadPole11 chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
This was a wonderful, sad, well written fic. And I don't know if you meant it that way, but it's a great defense of Mycroft.

I do believe we will find out all is not as it seems in terms of Mycroft/SHerlock and the Fall, when the new season starts. And while I do want SHerlock to have come to his brother for help, maybe for the whole thing to have been a pre planned plot, I am okay if the opposite is true and Mycroft is completely in the dark. Because in terms of Moriarty, Mycroft was just doing his job. He had the choice of one person's blood on his hands-or possibly millions.

Who wouldn't choose the many over the one? Sherlock himself said in canon, he'd gladly die if it would stop Moriarty.

And I think a lot of viewers don't really grasp what Mycroft's job IS. How many disasters has he averted that Sherlock, John, will NEVER know about?

It's something to ponder. I adore Mycroft, so I'm biased because I am going to seek out his POV. But I can tell you, I would not want his job for anything. Because you just know that any time he makes decisions like this, there are NO winners, and the casualties haunt his dreams, much like Sherlock does here.

*favoriting*