Reviews for Discovering Love
DnFt-better chapter 1 . 10/7/2014
CUTEEEEEEEEEE
alexanaxela chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
to be honest i've got to agree with mr anonymous. It was a well written story, but all in all, it just seemed kind of bland and generic
K.T.Waterflower chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
Nice, long but also funny and really sweet and cute. Love it! :-)
Aksine chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Was bit overboard on OOC ,and i didnt like that fact that everything was tensed up till the last ,but other than that ,nice piece of fic ,but ive read better ones before
Jho chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Beautiful story, I really enjoyed it!
The Dwelling Insanity chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
OMG i loved this story, the way you made them ease into their love for each other was so goooood, iv always been a shinji x Asuka fan i find many fanfics to be extremely ooc, thank you for such a great it never ended
dragolf chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
reading your stories always makes me believe that these two will become a pair
Mr. Anonymous chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Okay, I've decided to only read "Discovering Love" for now. There's a fair chance that one day curiosity will win me over and one day read "Christmas Together?", but for now I'm settling for this one, sorry. I thought this was just mindless fluff to be honest. I'm sure there is a good portion of the fan base that can enjoy this stuff, but as for me... No.

My first basic problem is the format of the the story itself. Making this a single chapter story which surpasses 30.000 words is just ridiculous. Imagine trying to find your place again if you were to go a few days without reading it, see what I'm saying? Even then, that's just a sloppy way of posting a story on here, period. There were times were I was re-reading other stories and would groan at how long it took to get through a single chapter. Please avoid posting stories on here like this again.

Another problem was that Shinji and Asuka, although fairly likable, didn't have a substantial romance at all. You mention how they've known each other since they were kids but you don't go into any real detail at all. I just felt like you were settling for telling me "They're Shinji and Asuka right? Well there you go then, read it." I didn't actually feel any real compassion between them, it was like a mash up of anime high-school romance cliches with Evangelion characters tacked on. That and fan fiction cliches that seem to have wormed their way into almost every romance story on here.

Especially the dance the year before, pretty much everything about that scene was a cliche.

On top of that, Shinji and Asuka are just your "Spawn of Adam" versions with out as much emotional baggage or any relation to angels, making it pretty much worthless to a lot of Eva fans out there, including me. Maybe it's just the fact that I can't stand the majority of these slice-of-life BS stories, but these feel like Eva characters in name only. Asuka is now nothing but a straight "Tsundere", as much as I usually despise using Otaku phrases. Shinji is just the generic fan modification that doesn't have the psychological damage so commonly associated with him. Misato only has her drinking and teasing Asuka and Shinji... They simply don't have much personality whatsoever.

But let's face it... This stuff is easy to write, and a good deal of fans flock to it without even caring if it's the same story they've read a million times. I think that you can take the characters of almost any franchise and as long you keep their basic quirks intact, throw them in a generic, cliche story like this and there will be someone willing to read it.

This was a waste of time and effort IMO. But if it helped you stretch your muscles and relax after all the work on "Spawn of Adam", well, I guess your entitled to it.

Mr. A
edboy4926 chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
Nice story.
Laruku Tsuyumu chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Love this story, guys!
Xander Wilte chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Damn that was a long one-shot. But I enjoyed every second of it.
IA83ND chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
This was really great. I love your writing style and the story in general. I hope you write more Shinji and Asuka fanfics, your last was very nicely done. Keep up the good work!
sinister banana chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Awww, this was just perfect. I can't stop smiling. :)
AhumbleHalofan chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Well this was Sapy but this was for Valentines day so go figure. But this was something I really did need after all. After F'ing reading Kick-A$$ Vol.2 #4 I needed somthing positive to bleach my mind of things. And this is exactly what I've been looking for. A nice WELL WRITTEN Asuka Shinji fic. I've literally been searching the net for one of those for maybe 2 weeks now.

While there may have been a few things that were off as far as stucture and style this was very pleasent. I believe you even kept the characters fairly in character despit the change in the over all situation of Evangelion.

Did I mention that this was VERY well written? I didn't I say so again. Maybe its because I've gotten older but I can't stand some of the stuff posted here.

I do however have a few questions. Is that really how they celebrate Valentines day in Japan? Atleast in their schools anyway. I know the girls will exchange sweets with their Boys but thats about it.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
A wonderful piece dedicated to the most wonderful couple ever.