Reviews for The Coraline Chronicles: Book 1: Axis of Shadow
Cooljoe64 chapter 26 . 3/8
I liked this Coraline fanfic
ZeCheeseCake chapter 8 . 11/11/2013
This story is awesome! It's very fast- pacing, and suspenseful. I honestly don't know what will happen next. By the way, I like the interesting concept you did with Wyborne having a crush on Coraline. I find that very cute. Anyways, very good story!
Guest chapter 25 . 9/25/2013
Hopefully the sequel will be good!
dnom96 chapter 26 . 9/15/2013
Well, I just hope that the phone call from Oregon to Illinois was not too expensive :) Congratulations on completing the story, i hope that the sequel will be awesome too!
Woodswolf chapter 26 . 9/14/2013
There was a girl from nowhere who was called, by many, a miracle worker. Because she told no one her name, she was known by most as the Oracle.

People in distress would flock to her by the thousands to hear her advice and truth. She presumably had infinite knowledge, the power to unlock secrets of the future and past, and to reveal the spirits of the dead.

The more people came to see her, the more they realized that her gifts were more evil than good. Those that came to see her for the dead joined the dead. Those that came for the past stooped to insanity. Those that came for the future ruined their lives on frivolous exchanges. Those that came for knowledge were haunted by truths for the rest of their lives. Most, if not all, disappeared or committed suicide en masse.

The Oracle, though she originally had been a curious construct, had been cursed by the great God of Purgatory, Lazarus the Ancient and Lost. She had helped defeat a great monster and proved herself more worthy than it; thus, the Dark God rewarded her by recreating her with divine powers. She became a member of his prized race of demons, and fell to darkness.

In her last moments of sanity, she was betrayed twice and left alone.

Then the Void blazed to life around her, and she rose from the darkness into the gaze of the Dark God Lazarus.

She was his greatest servant: she wove the Void effortlessly into astounding shapes and sizes, stretching the very fabric of time and space to its very limit to form her new masterpiece. She was the Goddess of the Void-World, and the Dark God smiled down upon her with an evil grin.

When her trap was laid, she set off to the other reality beyond an ancient portal. She became an Oracle, and spread her message of pain and suffering to the reality beyond.

The many suicides and disappearances were all her works of praise to Lazarus. Many souls were piled on his altar, all extras given up to his cause.

The Oracle knows that one day, one day soon, the Betrayer will return to her and fight her for the fate of reality.

The Oracle cannot see the end of the battle.

So the Oracle spends her time reading fortunes, revealing ghosts, and spilling powerful secrets.

She wants the Betrayer to appear.

She wants to destroy the Betrayer.
xxcandylover23xx chapter 26 . 9/14/2013
my god, please hurry up with the new story, i'm dying to read more.
LillyGirl310 chapter 26 . 9/14/2013
OMG that is soo creepy how the little girl appered just at the right moment but still it was nice of her to say bye to her mum before she passed on.
I hope you are doing a squeal because i would like to see what happens next and if the Bedlem or the Other Coraline returns to take thier revange and of course I will read and review it like I have done for this one.
Till Next Time
Gollum girl2003 Coraline chapter 26 . 9/14/2013
Hurray!
dnom96 chapter 25 . 9/9/2013
Now, i'm looking forward for the sequel, as i've said before, it will be great to read it!
Woodswolf chapter 25 . 9/8/2013
Beautiful ending to a beautiful fic.

Oh, so it's not over yet, is it?

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

There is but one thing holding reality together, and it is in the Void of Purgatory, the Empty Space that towers over all that is Real.

It is a forgotten god of darkness, and his name is Lazarus.

He was once none of everything and all of nothing, but he expanded upon himself to become none of nothing and all of everything. In this process, he gave birth to the expanses of the Void in the only world he knew of.

He created Denizens to inhabit this world, and he was their god, and they worshipped him and gave him offerings of souls from another world. They called that world 'Reality', and they snatched the souls from its denizens with ease; they then named Lazarus's creation 'Purgatory', for it was one of three places the souls would go when the people would die, the others of which were named with names that were not understandable to their species.

Lazarus was content with his creation, and his offerings, and he gave his creations the power to create on their own.

Once the creations realized that they could manipulate the Void on their own, they abused this to their advantage to gather more souls for their god. However, after several millenia, they realized that their powers required the energy of a soul to manipulate the Void.

And so began the downfall of Lazarus.

As his creations used up their power, they slowly found that they no longer were able to provide themselves with sustenance, and died off. The few that remained hoarded their precious souls and used them as their own energy.

Centuries passed, and the numbers of his great species decreased, such that the former empire was completely unrecognizable. Fewer than a hundred remained.

And then he was finally forgotten, once again none of everything and all of nothing.
Aryck1095 chapter 25 . 9/8/2013
Great job, and congratulations. I look forward to the sequel, and I'll be sure to put you on my author alert. Just let me click this little check-box right...
xxcandylover23xx chapter 25 . 9/8/2013
I am Really looking forward to this sq., on the count I have school -,- so please to hurry, tomorrows school!
LillyGirl310 chapter 25 . 9/8/2013
what a great chapter and I am soo looking foward to the squeal but there is no rush take your time with it that way it will be great and live up to it prequeal.
Till Next Time
Marquis Carabas chapter 25 . 9/8/2013
Congratulations on nearing the end of this story. I can appreciate the effort that went into it and the satisfaction of seeing it completed.

It's satisfaction that's well-earned. To my mind, this is the best story in the Coraline archives. Congratulations once again, and I look forward immensely to the sequel.
Gollum girl2003 Coraline chapter 25 . 9/8/2013