Reviews for The Singer
FireFly07 chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
I know how you feel. I want Middle-earth as my own...

But enough of that. This really brought back the sorry feelings for the Noldor, their revolt, their fall, etc.

Nice choice of angsty words, by the way.

I've already torn through your profile and favorited your stories...
Indille chapter 1 . 8/27/2002
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Decent Maglor poetry! Yesss!

This is perfect. So perfect there's not really any point in reviewing it!

Wow.

You're amazing. How can you make it so perfect when it's not even your native language?

Wow.
that is secret chapter 1 . 8/12/2002
Another beautiful poem. You are my poem-goddess. ;-)

I find myself very attracted to works about longing and sorrow, and this is one of the better ones I've read. Again... very good. (Do I sound like a moonstruck child or what? ;-)
Deborah Judge chapter 1 . 5/27/2002
'Not even the fire shall the fire spare' - a great line, and one that sums up Maglor's tragedy. He burns so brightly, sings so beautifully, but that isn't enough to save him, and in the end all he has left is lamentation, beautiful as it may be. You really do him justice here.
Joan Milligan chapter 1 . 5/19/2002
Alright, people, we have living proof that ghosts exist. Those of both Tolkien and Edgar Allen Poe seemed to have possessed Le Chat Noir! ;).

Kidding, of course, but that was the first impression. The. rhyming, the rhythm and pace... intoxicating is the word. It invites a slow, deeply reflective read, making the ideas sink in wonderfully, and oh, the ideas...!

A true masterpiece worthy of the greatest singer of Middle-Earth, is all I have to say.
naltariel chapter 1 . 5/18/2002
"Be for him no penance to end his lifelong sin"... agree.

This is so .. him. so Maglor.

Did he weep in his song for the fate of his kin..

oh yes, he did. Poor thing. I am glad Deborah wrote happy ending about him.
Ithilwen of Himring chapter 1 . 5/18/2002
Beautiful and bittersweet. I'm impressed.