Reviews for And The Halfling Forth Shall Stand
Mockingbird's Song chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
Very dark but incredibly good for a characters thoughts.
Larner chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
It's been quite a while since I last read this. I can see him thinking this.
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
This is a good story, but it would be good if you streched the story out a little.
dancingkatz chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
Hi, Shirebound. I'm going back and reading all my favourite LOTR authors stories again and wanted to tell you how much I love the way you have Frodo describe Pippin in this tale. I really hate the stories that make him essentially a butt of jokes, a fumbling thoughtless, foolish, and even selfish brat. Thank you so much for writing a Pippin who is just as much a hero as his cousins just as I believe the Good Professor intended). Bravo!

(And I can't believe that I never reviewed this the first time I read it. Sorry about that!)
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
This was a good story.

I liked how you described each hobbit from Frodo's point-of-view. This story felt very much like a poem, yet it had enough to be told in story form as well.

Good job. I liked this story a lot.

-Aria Breuer
Darkover chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Dear Shirebound: Even Frodo must have had his "Why me?" moments, as you have well demonstrated here. A well-written POV story, short but very good. Thanks for posting it. Sincerely, Darkover
andaere chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
Aw, this is cute. I like the repetition of the last line. And it's a very interesting idea... I think Sam would've taken the ring if Frodo had died. But luckily that didn't happen... :)
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
HHm, interesting. If Frodo had died, who?

I think Sam.
MiniFruitbat chapter 1 . 8/22/2006
I hardly ever read stories involving hobbits... Especially about Frodo. But I quite enjoyed this. I'm glad I noticed it.
Corbin Slate chapter 1 . 5/22/2005
This was a great little fic! :)
bethahnee chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
I'm trying to imagine Pippin as the Ring-bearer...Imagine, all the angst fics would be about Pippin instead of Frodo! Now isn't that something?

Anargil _~
Maddy Lake Deep chapter 1 . 1/23/2005
Wow! What an awesome story! I'm very, very impressed with your writing style and you captured Frodo's thoughts so brilliantly. I felt like I was actually in his head! I enjoy writing and reading 'What if?' stories and so far this is one of the best I've read. I never occured to me what Frodo would think if he had died and who, among the hobbits would continue the task. It had me thinking about the others in a way I had not thought of before! ~Maddy~ :-D
Vilya0 chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
Hi! Itsa me, Vilya! Sorry, I felt like saying that, well writing...Anyway, wonderful fic, like always. I chose to read it just in the right time to help me for my fic. Thanks for the help you give me unconsciously. ;) I think Sam would probably be the one who would take the Ring but that would be if the hobbits were invited to the concil. Poor hobbits, always underestimated. Well, that's it for me. Mara mesta.
Leia Wood aka Cascadia chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
Short, but *very* well done! Frodo's failure to realize his own fine qualities comes through as he contemplates that someone else would have been a better choice.

~Leia
Grav chapter 1 . 1/8/2004
I knew that I couldn't be the only person in this Middle Earth who thought that Pippin would be the best second bearer. What? I don't live in Middle Earth? Oh. Well then, never you mind.
Great little vignette (or however you spell that, I always forget). You've summed up the other hobbits very well.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »