Reviews for The Grace of God
TheNaggingCube chapter 17 . 10/12/2013
Oh this was beautiful. Lovely sequel to the devastation you visited upon Steve in the last story.
Tanith2011 chapter 17 . 6/25/2012
"When did I become a five year old?"

LOL too funny! I could picture Steve saying this in my mind. An excellent finish to a lovely tale about believing in your faith.

Thanks for sharing something unique.
Tanith2011 chapter 16 . 6/25/2012
Beautifully written chapter, that's full of meaning and a hidden message conveying hope and a life after grief. Nicely worded and straight from the heart.
Tanith2011 chapter 15 . 6/25/2012
Poignant scenes of a spiritual moment that Steve is obviously experiencing. I have my tissues at the ready...
Mounty Swiss chapter 17 . 6/24/2012
Thank you so much!

This is a wonderful story about hope. I know it takes a lot of courage, but please go on, write more about your faith!
Tanith2011 chapter 14 . 6/23/2012
Oh no! This was not the kind of danger I expected Steve and Mike to face. Your descriptions brings the scene to life. And we have a cliffie too...argh!
Tanith2011 chapter 13 . 6/23/2012
I enjoyed reading this chapter. Some sad moments with Steve's thoughts and his attempts to open up to Mike.
Tanith2011 chapter 12 . 5/31/2012
Poor Steve - a sore jaw and bruised ribs. They better hurry with only 72 hours to find what they need to make the charges stick and to bring in those who probably hired Knuckles and his possible accomplices. Great story!
Tanith2011 chapter 11 . 5/31/2012
Oh nice itty bitty Steve whumpage! Good name for your villain - "Knuckles", how fitting :p

Hopefully his arrest and the finding of the gun will be enough to press murder charges on those responsible.
Tanith2011 chapter 10 . 5/30/2012
Great to see the supporting detectives given some investigative roles.
Interesting conversation on "rapeseed" and Mike's amazement at Steve's "archive of data" stored in his brain was amusing to read!
Tanith2011 chapter 9 . 5/30/2012
Typical of Steve to not want to be fussed over by Mike.A wonderful job you did with the immense discomfort and anxiety that Steve was feeling as he ends up in the same hospital room as Connie when she died. His panic attack was well written and realistic. Poor guy.
Loved the last scene with Steve and Mike's banter. A clever dialogue you produced in the last paragraphs"If it weren't for bad luckā€¦" Mike led."I'd have no luck at all," Steve responded with a sigh."Ain't that the truth, Buddy boy." Mike thought to himself.
Perfect and in-character!
Tanith2011 chapter 8 . 5/3/2012
Good work on the investigation scenes and oh no Steve just got bush-whacked! This story is moving along nicely into the action.
Tanith2011 chapter 7 . 5/3/2012
Ohh and they're back working on a case! Great chapter :)
Tanith2011 chapter 6 . 5/3/2012
Interesting take on Steve's background. You've put a lot of work into creating a plausible scenario on how Maya and Steve are siblings and gave an insight into Steve's upbringing.

Good to see Mike, with Maya's help, has convinced Steve to return to SF and give his life there another go before making any final decisions.
Tanith2011 chapter 5 . 5/3/2012
It was sad to read the ending of your previous chapter and the beginning of this one where Steve tells Mike he left because he believed Mike didn't trust him. That would've felt like a punch to the gut - poor Mike.

I'm glad to see that Mike was able to make Steve understand the reasons why he made Steve lower his gun.

Mike and Maya make a good team :)