Reviews for The 'Correspondence' Affair
MLaw chapter 81 . 11/23/2014
Ah so he's caught wind of Aunt Avelina's maneuver hmmm? Good update. The last sentence says it all, and is a tribute to their perseverance.
MLaw chapter 80 . 10/21/2014
This was wonderful. Yes Millicent walks to the beat of her own drum, doesn't she?
laurose chapter 79 . 8/23/2014
Nicely put, Millicent. I'm sure Mrs Chapman is softened, and will eventually be putty in your hands.
MLaw chapter 79 . 8/23/2014
Clever clever girl! (snicker)
MLaw chapter 78 . 7/19/2014
This was absolutely fabulous, and I like how you established how Lawrence views his relationship to Millicent. It makes the trinkets he sends her...which really aren't seem more appropriate. Well done.
Eileen chapter 77 . 7/13/2014
I loves these letters! And Millicent and Alexander. You have made them bright,smart, strong and very enjoyable. Millicent is a strong smart kid who is wise and observant. Love her being so ahead of her time. Thanks!
MLaw chapter 77 . 7/10/2014
Yay another letter! Amazing how cheerful he can be inspite of the terrible thing surrounding him that he leaves unsaid. It will be interesting when he finds out what was in the package the aunt sent to Millicent.
MLaw chapter 75 . 7/9/2014
Another wonderful letter. Poor Millicent, caught between a rock and a hard place. The gifts Lawrence sent her are rather...special. Though I find it odd that he's sending her such lavish gifts...could he have a little crush on her perhaps? Innocent though but perhaps feelings of more than friendship? Or am I just 'reaching' here?
MLaw chapter 76 . 7/9/2014
This letter though grim, had wonderful insights. Absolutely brilliant in creating the mood, the hints of despondency and yet the never ending hope that Waverly exudes. Brava!
MLaw chapter 74 . 6/22/2014
Beautiful and touching...
Guest chapter 73 . 6/20/2014
So sad about friends
MLaw chapter 73 . 6/20/2014
Everyone should have such a person in their lives. You paint such a wonderful and intelligent picture of this young woman. We've seen her grow from a self assured 12 year old to and even more self-assured and loving young lady. Alexander Waverly is a lucky young man.
MLaw chapter 72 . 6/16/2014
So well thought out and feels just so right for the time and the incredible pressures and sadness affecting everyone.
MLaw chapter 71 . 6/8/2014
Wow was thrown off for a second thinking this was from Alexander. I have to say, you have conveyed the harshness and emotion the man must have felt. This letter was seething with emotion...anger, dispair and yet hope. Brava! Excellent job. I don't envy Millicent her task of informing Alexander. (and hmmm, the brooch? wasn't that mentioned in one of your stories previously, or am I imagining it?)
MLaw chapter 69 . 6/6/2014
Wonderful! Love the reference to the 'many root language English has sprung from.' Hoping for more letters soon...