Reviews for The 'Correspondence' Affair
I do so love your letters. I'm currently reading Margaret MacMillan's most excellent book, "The War That Ended Peace: The Road to 1914"; and in this centennial year, your writing is so apropos. Wonderful job. I look forward to every new entry.
jkkitty1 chapter 66 . 2/24
To see their lives continue to grow is nice, can't wait for the next letter
MLaw chapter 66 . 2/24
You've painted such a delightful picture of a remarkable young lady. Little by little we've watched Millicent grow and mature into a loving, sensitive but wise person. Brava. Thanks for the update.
jkkitty1 chapter 65 . 1/12
thanks for another letter, missed them
MLaw chapter 65 . 1/12
My heart be still...finally a letter! Yay! thank you.
beadbird chapter 64 . 8/24/2013
It's nice how much Millicent can communicate in such a short note. Her first thought is always "Alexander." The sneaky Ermengarde certainly got her comeuppance, lol, no lectures tonight! Beautiful love story, beautifully told.
MLaw chapter 64 . 8/24/2013
This was wonderful, and I especially liked the PS. These letters have taken on a lovely life of their own and in no way sound contrived or unblievable. Your incorporation of historical facts keeps the quite grounded, but still enchanting, as were watching, a love story unfold. Can't wait for the next one.
jkkitty1 chapter 64 . 8/24/2013
She does like to scandalized Ermengarde doesn't shethanks for another letter
MLaw chapter 63 . 8/18/2013
Eww, this was a very nice diversion! Well done, as well as good use of the vernacular.
jkkitty1 chapter 63 . 8/17/2013
Great to see another chapter
MLaw chapter 62 . 7/29/2013
Now this was a great surprise. Nicely done!
jkkitty1 chapter 62 . 7/29/2013
Such friends are few and far between
laurose chapter 62 . 7/28/2013
What an excellent idea to bring in that bereavement, and so well done.
beadbird chapter 62 . 7/28/2013
Awesome, the letter takes you right back into the wartime situation everyone there was living. Great stuff!
beadbird chapter 61 . 7/21/2013
What a different world back then compared with today's world of people totally devoid of any sense of propriety or morality. If one would have said "hook up" in 1915, folks would probably have thought you were going fishing! Beautifully written chapter, Millicent was certainly a special young lady. Can't wait to see what happens next!