Reviews for Ephemeral
Socbballluvr13 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Wow. Just... wow. I'm speechless. This is amazing. You're so poetic, and it's lovely. Sort of... bittersweet.
Lord Axxingtons chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Oh gosh... that was grim. You rarely see an extended metaphor carried out to tell such a large story. I liked the slightly poetic language. Really good!
Uryuu-Nipaa chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
At first, I didn't understand that this is about Igris and I thought this was really sad and really beautiful. Then I realised it and I cried. Poor Igris. You really did a wonderful job writing this.
synonymsforempathy chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
:o...Igris...oh, poor Igris...I cried at 'that lifeless piece of white was the first friend I ever had.'...he really is the Woobie.

It's cool on how you compared the tribute's deaths to candles. It works. Verily.
Obiwanlivesforever chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
Oh, Journey ... I'm speechless.

That was beautiful. How can you say you're not a good writer when you weave stuff like this? The intricate emotions, the candle symbolism, the obvious allusions to Horrible (it was wonderful reading Igris' POV. I never knew he felt so bad about China the whole time. And I knew, deep down, that he left because he couldn't bear to watch her die! Aww, Igris, you sweetie :'D) ... it was phenomenal.

Oho, and I like how you've connected it to our Shakespeare discussions on the forum. Well, not really, since that was Hamlet and this is Macbeth, but still ... epic.
SnuffyOfTheWind chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
THEIR FIRST ALLY GOT SNUFFED!

That is now a verb (well, it already was, but now it refers to me)