Reviews for Checkmate
chilled blood chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
You brought out what makes portal special in that storie:) im impressed with the speed GLaDOS makes cake. Did you play that chest match out? Or did you make it up. (i expect a PM with the answer). When i got to the end of the first match i was mad because it wasnt dermatic and i thought you lied, so i sat there for 10 minutes crying. Luckly there was more. ( no i didnt because im not a wimp... Im a stawker).
Topaz18 chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Okay, I do not understand chess language, but yay for Chell!
katzsoa chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
Cute. GLaDOS is very GLaDOS. And there was cake, which is always a good thing.

Did you really play this out on a chessboard while writing?
Wheatley Laboratories chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
I loved this. So in-character for both of them!
axel100 chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Great story. You didn't complicate it with any backstory on why Chell was there or when it took place. You just gave us some fantastic dialogue and banter. I actually didn't mind that Chell was talking. Thanks for the good read!
ButtRice chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
That was both cute and funny, great job! xD I see no mistakes.
Wikem chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
This was great! I'd love to see it conitinued! I'll add this story to my favorites. You should continue it by having Chell challenge GlaDOS to other games. Some ideas are Stratego, Monopoly, Twister (lol), ect.

Good work,

Wik
ASHPoD67 chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
great story you should write more
FullmetalFan870 chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Yah! Go Chell!
Silverstreams chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
Ooh, I love this. A lot. I can so picture this happening, too-but it's still a great surprise that Chell won :3 I really like how you portrayed the two characters. It's very well-written!
Ray Fox chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
... Wooooooww! Chell, you have really outdone yourself in this one. Beating the most logical supercomputer in the world in a game of chess...that's so amazing as to almost be impossible. You deserve that cake! Hats off to you.

As for you, dear author, nice work. I never imagined Chell and GLaDOS trying to beat each other in a game of chess. Nice work in that. I wish I could beat chess that way on the computer. But I've never managed to win one game on hard difficulty before.