Reviews for Death and John Watson
anko chapter 6 . 12/23/2013
Oh my god..
So fantastically well written, I'm deeply moved by your story.
ButterscotchCandybatch chapter 6 . 8/7/2013
This was fantastic, amazing and I'm truly impressed by your ability as a writer. Death as the narrator works so well, and you keep the voice clear and consistent. Kudos to you! I'm off to read the rest of your stuff now...
Clara A. Rose chapter 6 . 5/13/2013
I wasn't expecting to like this, but I did. I really, really liked it, well done. Thanks for writing it.
Tuli-Susi chapter 6 . 3/11/2013
Wow, that was all kinds of amazing. I like how they both died from a case, it sort of fits. I never could imagine that Sherlock Holmes would quietly retire (ACD wrote that he did), though having him being killed by a criminal is also really sad...

Have you read "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak? It's from Death's POV and I think you'd like it. The opening chapters if nothing else.
Torsamors chapter 6 . 2/14/2013
Love the book thief, love Sherlock, lived this story.
TYRider chapter 6 . 9/3/2012
Lovely. Sad, but lovely. Thank you for sharing.
Flower in the River chapter 6 . 8/16/2012
The ending to this fic is just...perfect. John, and Sherlock, and Death. I love it.
lilyofthevalley2 chapter 6 . 6/21/2012
I really liked this story. It was very interesting to see it told from death's perspective, and the ending was bittersweet but good.
bowtiecat chapter 6 . 6/3/2012
Oh my goodness. That was freaking amazing. I still want to know what happened next! Did Sherlock go through some kind of angst trauma? Does he get to meet Death, who seems to be pretty awesome? Anyways, you're a great writer. Keep going! I'll be reading, despite the fact I'm supposed to be studying. :P
Arty chapter 6 . 4/13/2012
Oh, that was so beautiful, I can't stop crying!
justtheone chapter 6 . 4/8/2012
The last chapter was awesome, though also heart-breakingly sad... but really a wonderful conclusion at the end. At least they got to die together *sob* So well done!

I would LOVE a story like that for Sherlock or even Moriarty... or maybe an epilogue from Lestrade's POV, when he found them? :)
Madame Mermaid chapter 6 . 4/8/2012
Hola, there,

so... Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I think that about expresses all that needs to be said... ;) This is one of the most wonderful ffs I've ever read, and one of the truest ones at that. You accomplished something very real by writing this ff, and by describing death the way you did, at least in my opinion. Taking a look at this very difficult topic the way you did - I think you managed to encompass death and grief in a very realistic way, both death itself and the way we humans perceive her. (What was that? We too often think it's masculine?) At least for me, and the way I approach death in my thoughts, this was one of the closest ways to describing its meaning for us humans, the innumerable shades of grey there are in this matter. Got me to wanting to once again read up on some philosophical approaches to life and death, might be the topic of my next termpaper (Plato's philosophy on it, if you're wondering). :)

Since you mentioned it in your note: Yes, I'd love to read some more of this universe. But I was wondering - you mentioned a lot of people in this ff, the people's reactions to death, the grief of the ones left behind, the many different ways to perceive death. "Gone before his time", "being kidnapped", but also death as a mercy, as terrible and cliched as this sounds. We have death's perspective on these scenes - why not write them again, but from John's perspective, or that of the ones left behind (his mother, sister, friends, Sherlock (though you'd probably have to write two of them then, wouldn't you?), Lestrade, or even that anonymous young doctor you mentioned in the last shot)? It's just a suggestion, but it would be the complementary human perspective to death's perception. Just a thought... :)

And now I'll leave you alone and go add Zusak's book to my list of "Books to be read ASAP". (You've managed to get it there, after it's been on "Books to be read sometime" for years now...;) ) All the best and Happy Easter!,

mylady phoenix
The-Writerwoman chapter 6 . 4/7/2012
I loved this story from start to finish and I've stayed with it over the 3 months. Great job :D I loved the ending, it was perfect :3
J chapter 6 . 4/5/2012
Great story, thank you for writing it.
MrsCumberbatch chapter 6 . 4/5/2012
Oh dear, thank you so much for updating this. It was so good, so good.

I'm glad Death took them both together. And I think it was a very good end, even when they died after chasing a criminal, but well, they wouldn't die drinking tea or watching telly would they?

Well done!