Reviews for Flipped
Guest chapter 2 . 5/23/2015
I like the dimension of these characters
ccase1313 chapter 2 . 12/13/2014
Tough character study. Stefan could VERY easily be this way and not just prone to being lost in blood hunger. I hope for Damon's sake Stef in not that far gone or that he will get a good shrink...
SeductiveDelena chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Wow this was amazing! You captured damon's soul in your writing :) 3
zeva917 chapter 2 . 11/12/2012
Wonderful study of the brothers! Their relationship is one of the most interesting on the show, and it's great to see their underlying dynamic fleshed out here.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/27/2012
I was directed here from a quote on Tumblr and was not expecting to love this as much as I did.

Your writing is AMAZING! This was delicious and I devoured it way too quickly. I would love to see this turned into a full story!

Can't wait to read all of your other stories!
latbfan chapter 2 . 9/18/2012
Please don't take this harshly because I don't intend it to be, but you don't write Dtefan as well. I think you're biased. :-) But Stefan is a harder nut to crack for sure. Way back early in S1, in "Friday Night bites," when Stefan was supposed to be all good and a victim and Elena's soulmate, at the end, with the voice over of what he wrote in his journal about Damon being dead inside, all the while Damon was in Elena's room. Sure, the whole sleeping girl thing is creepy, and Damon's motivations are complicated at that moment, but Stefan couldn't be more wrong. (As he will be completely wrong regarding Katherine at the beginning of S2.) What I've never been able to figure out is if he meant it. Does he believe in that moment that Damon is a monster, or that Katherine never loved him? The deception, if he does believe it, is different than if he's lying. And I honestly don't know. His version of the past, when he told Elena the abridged version in S1, has been proven quite misleading...

He loves her. Of that I am sure. And he can be incredibly and frighteningly brutal, ad the show has shown time and again from the very beginning. But when it comes to Stefan, I am sure of little else.
latbfan chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
What a lovely character study, a contrast of the two Salvatores. Damn is so infinitely fascinating because if that passionate, romantic soul. He loves with such a fiery intensity... Literature (and movies, etc) abound which such men because most women swoon at the notion of being the object of that sort of intense, fiery love, and in stories, there aren't the same consequences as there are in "real" life. One who walks too close to that kind of fire runs the risk of being consumed by the flame. Rose summed it up so succinctly in the car for Jeremy: Stefan loves Elena and is a good choice for her, and Damon is either the best or the worst thing she could do. With Damon, if one allows oneself to love, one "falls". What is more terrifying than hurtling off the cliff of love? Losing oneself in another? When we speak about the terrors of intimacy, it is the Damons (and Mr. Rochesters and Spikes and Angels) of the world we think of, those people whose own passions burn just as brightly as the passions of those who love them. Those are the relationships that can lead to such incredible joy, but also run the risk of such tragedy. Those are the loves from which you never recover...

I love that you write Damon loving Stefan that way because they are the white-hot center of the show. And yes, for now, having Elena mad at him is infinitely better than alternative options. Damon understands that the opposite of love is not hate, but apathy... He'll take her anger because there's such a fine line, even if she doesn't (or can't) see it. But for all Damon's accusations that Stefan is a martyr, he is actually the one who seems most tragically selfless, which no one seems to notice, which just makes his actions and efforts that much more sad...

I'm rambling. What I meant to say is "Well done." And now that I've said it, I'll carry on to the next chapter.

(And seriously, did ANYONE care two licks for Abby Bennett? No. Not so much.)
ElvishGrrl chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Wow. This is perfection. So much truth here - it's just completely spot on. You always manage to capture concepts flawlessly with words.

This is exactly what I imagined him to be thinking in that moment.

Thank you!
afanoftvd chapter 2 . 5/9/2012
"Why couldn't he claim his guilt, take it deep inside his heart and use it to propel himself forward, learn from it and be better?" This is the essence of Stefan's struggle.

"No matter what he did, at least it wasn't as bad as what Damon had done." Well, actually it was much worse. I like how it doesn't take Stefan much to work through the rationalizations and excuses and conclude that "Damon was the better man."

"Damon saved the day but received no thanks, only recriminations. And Stefan let him" And yet with this self aware conclusion it gives a glimmer of hope that perhaps Stefan is finally on the way to becoming the 'good man' that he wants to be.

Brilliant study of Stefan's weaknesses and the hope that Damon gives him.
afanoftvd chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Love the title.

I am amazed at how many truths about Damon and Stefan you have captured in this short chapter

"before he turned and emotions overwhelmed any sense he might have once had". Really like Damon's acknowledgement that turning completely overwhelmed his common sense with emotion.

"He'd vowed an eternity of misery, but settled for an eternity of separation." As I watch the show I always wondered why Damon never lived up to the promise of misery. I really like your explanation of why he couldn't bring himself to inflict misery upon Stefan for any length of time.

"He needed to believe in the lie of Stefan's goodness as much as he needed to believe the lie of his own evil." Herein lies the most fundamental truth about their natures, neither is good nor evil.

"Just as he could bear her hatred, Damon could bear her loss. " This is Damon's greatest strength, that he can sacrifice his own wants for the needs of his brother because he realized that Stefan needs Elena more.

Wonderful insightful chapter.
Damonficgirl chapter 2 . 3/18/2012
wow, really interesting. I have always liked Stefan but this season has really shown that Stefan isn't the golden boy Elena thought he was, I'm not sure I'd go quite this far in pinning his motivations to his relationship with Damon but I think there's a real insight here when you say he needs Damon to be the bad one - I think the only way bunny-drinking Stefan could live with himself was to see himself as the martyr, living a nobel life and trying to safe his wayward brother, when Damon has never been half as bad as Ripper Stefan.
Damonficgirl chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
I disagree that he would have felt nothing killing Abby, but I love the rest of it. Damon has an amazing self-sacrificing side and 1912 really built on the relationship between him and Stefan showing more and more than he really is the big brother - the protector etc.
IanVampLover chapter 2 . 3/18/2012
If I loved the first chapter, I'm not sure there is an adjective out there to describe my emotions for this chapter! It echoed my thoughts, no...it amplified them! Explained them much deeper and clearly than I could ever try to. I swear that I could not have said it better than your words. It's about time Elena starts to recognize who the better man is. Then again I was anti-Stefan the day I met him. I was always a sucker for the underdog, for the broken dark and lost hero who has a pure soul beneath all the tainted darkness coating it.
siberia21 chapter 2 . 3/15/2012
This is amazing. I just found it (thanks to your Breaking Point, which Im going to read later today) - I never read DS fiction because I cant stand the unfair relationship they created on the show but THIS is really amazing. True to the characters, still sad and unfair yet interesting and wonderfully written. Summary of their whole lifes, relationship and love for each other - and Elena in two chapters. PERFECTION! Ok, I have to ask. Didnt you consider writing one more chapter to this? Or a one shot related as this is just DS fiction? It would be so exciting to read about what Elena feels and thinks about "Abbys neck snap"... Anyway I love this story as it is. Thank you for sharing.
heartfallen chapter 2 . 3/12/2012
Wow. That was intense, sad, and really made me think about the characters more. Awesome work