Reviews for Krait book 12c Jade Goes to Durmstrang
Anne chapter 21 . 2/13/2014
It is moving along at a good pace. Love Jade as unicorn healer/ chanter/midwife!
Anne chapter 17 . 2/12/2014
Hate to see you being efficient ... ROFL
Gardengirl6 chapter 23 . 3/31/2012
Jade really did the pig potion up right! That would be so scary, but exhilarating afterward.

Wow. Imagine canon Draco having a muggle policeman as a drinking buddy!

Lovely conclusion. Thanks as always for a terrific read!
Gardengirl6 chapter 22 . 3/31/2012
Lovely to be able to become a leading authority without realizing it! Better yet when it's due to genuine accomplishment.

Ulvang's haranguing by Nagy was fantastic. Some folks just don't 'get' that there's more to learning than exams!

I do like her cursed birthing belt. The examiner must have been a schmuck if he dictated his wife's fertility. Heaven help any man who tried that on Jade! And well done to Clovis Gierek. That was gutsy.
Gardengirl6 chapter 21 . 3/31/2012
Dragon mating flights on WWV - beats the pants off of "Nature" and the like, dunnit? Nice touch thanking the lead stallion - but Carcano is a scholar and a gentleman. Matchmaking for him to boot... these Snapes and Malfoys certainly are interfering types. And interfering with ego bolstering, too - so managing!
Gardengirl6 chapter 20 . 3/31/2012
At last! "The rest of you; be vewwy vewwy quiet, we'we hunting Gerhardt….. never mind, muggle er, literature reference" - well, calling Elmer Fudd 'literature' might be a bit of a stretch...

Red five, standing by LOL! Bless Irmi for jumping in with the quotes. And Seagh too? Isn't he a little short to be a stormtrooper?

Hot and cold running et ceteras. I like that.

Three parts knave and two parts arsehole... I know some like that. Great description. And for 'titles that drag the brains out the nose' we have the Kennedys for that (and probably the Bushes, too)
Gardengirl6 chapter 19 . 3/31/2012
Ah, nice to see Nannerl showing up again!

Excellent discursus on pretension and ability. Nicely argued!
Gardengirl6 chapter 18 . 3/31/2012
This Everilda Widder - what a character. More self-absorbed and self-conscious than anyone we've met to date! Even Hermione was only worried about failing to meet her own expectations. But putting Quabbelig into frilly knickers was a great recovery for her!

Rebet and Snape as dark creatures... LOL'd again for that one! Rebet must have been well surprised by that one.

Billkvam is more limited by his own preconceptions than Hermione ever was, either. Sheesh. The 'summoning that which you can't control' reminds me of the dirt demons from earlier on - more LOL.

Interesting thought about leadership - even among Naval officers, there were definitely some sheep. Me, I'm the pushy sort, but genial enough about it - or enthusiastic enough - that it tends to work out ok.
Gardengirl6 chapter 17 . 3/31/2012
It must irritate Jade no end that the Schrempf was so utterly inept, inutile, and inefficient. Especially the last. I love Gierek's summation of Jade's expressions of irritation!
Gardengirl6 chapter 16 . 3/31/2012
Lovely imagery of the snowy forest and its scents. I almost felt that I was there! Not that I'd have minded seeing the unicorns, either ~

Homophagy, ha ha! Beef brained AND beef bodied, sounds like.

IS there such a thing as a good crup? Good dog, yes - though young Lydia here is less good when she messes in the house. Right now she's asleep at my side, though, and is cuter than cute. When she wants to play with Jade the cat, we all laugh and think warmly of you!
Gardengirl6 chapter 15 . 3/31/2012
SO glad to see the well-earned justice administered to that cow, Schrempf. (the name, btw, puts me in mind of the Three Stooges - are you familiar?)

Ritual items being hot chocolate and crumpets. Now that's planning ahead and meeting TRUE needs :)
Gardengirl6 chapter 14 . 3/31/2012
Von Frettchen found himself meekly withdrawing and actually checked himself for signs of the imperious curse, though she had not looked into his eyes. - another LOL, loud enough this time to bring the dogs to investigate! Magpies indeed - can she distract him with sparklies too, then?

"explaining something more complex than how to make tea is beyond a lot of my parents." - ack, and they're allowed to breed. *sigh* You need a license to drive a car, but any old fool can reproduce.

Hey, I breadfed my youngest for three years. I only weaned the other three earlier because I was pregnant again, and sick as a dog.

Harmony Bloom *with* Percy Weasley? Or blooded at the same time as Percy? Perhaps that's part of a story that's not up yet?

Another nice touch to show how very out-of-touch the Ferret is with the rest of the world - fancy not knowing the complete human population of one's own country! He's getting a real eye-opener.
Gardengirl6 chapter 13 . 3/31/2012
I really do appreciate that you include the likes of Egil Skallagrimson in your stories. The depth that such details provide really, really makes the reading all the more delicious.

"I see" said Von Frettchen who would have died before admitting that his first feeling had been one of intimidation. - This left me snickering loudly. He's not as inadequate as he thinks he is - just needs his game brought up!

Poltroon has to be one of my favorite words ever - I wonder how it renders auf Deutsch?
Gardengirl6 chapter 12 . 3/31/2012
The location of the hidden rebel base... LOL. My children are avid Star Wars enthusiasts, and revel in every reference, even if we are only on book 4.

Dad is harder than God - and they believed her, because not even The Big Man would mess with him! Funny, funny.

Setting them up for theft of pre-pubescent girls' knickers instead of attempted murder by means of rape by troll - well, it's effective, humiliating, and short of killing them, probably the most effective punishment. Still! What scum. And to curse them by means of Tolkien's poetry? Delicious! Too short for a stormtrooper... more LOL.
Gardengirl6 chapter 11 . 3/31/2012
And... the fertilizer hits the fan. Good for Jade, that all her chosen accomplices are of as good character as she thought. And I loved her set-down of the Von Frettchen brat - using ferrets was delightful!