Reviews for The Hands of the Sisters
Minitinka chapter 12 . 4/6/2013
This is so amazing. The emotions Narzissa felt are... are realistic. Ive cried. It is a really good story.
Nova Super chapter 2 . 8/23/2012
Just got stuck into chapter 1 and 2 and couldn't wait til i'd read the whole thing to tell you that this is really blodoy funny. It's fabulous - i love how you've portrayed them so far and i'm looking forward to reading the rest.
T :)
BeanQueen chapter 12 . 7/5/2012
Beautiful. Honest and beautiful. And painful and hopeful. It's everything it should be. And the reminiscences on Bella are tangibly sad. It says a lot about Narcissa's abilities to forgive, and to remember. This is a truly unforgettable piece. You outdid yourself, goddess.
-your acolyte
BeanQueen chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
Yes. Alright. Perfect moment of her lying...though I felt like I wanted more. And a believable Draco switching sides - being torn between mother and rightness. Excellent blend of verses here, too.
BeanQueen chapter 10 . 7/5/2012
"...an evolution in witchcraft." One of the best Bella descriptions I've ever read. And this is a very believable represnetation of what could have gone down after Malfoy Manor in the books/movies. I like how you've blended the universes, too - kind of referring to both as you will. There were bits I liked in both. The 'smut' in this chapter was intriguing to me. You deepened it and brought out the magical aspect - like (literally) sex magic. I feel like you know things... And yes, more of Narcissa being a badass please!
BeanQueen chapter 9 . 7/5/2012
This was a painful little chapter. I feel very sad for Snape, always have. But you make it all the more piercing. And on a side note, I love the ways you describe Snape's motions - his cloak. I can tell he's a favorite of yours. You sort of...carress him with words. I almost don't want to read the end of this piece. I don't want it to end, for one, and I have a feeling it can't end well, for another.
BeanQueen chapter 8 . 7/5/2012
The image of Narcissa with wand in one hand and athame in the other is devastating. Just remarkable. And I love the witch in the mirror. I love how you're showing that psychologically, some things are awry in Cissa's brain. "Muggles call it plastic." Genius and sick. Love it. And the fact you can put Alkaline Trio and The Psychedelic Furs on the same playlist? We were separated at birth...or you're my real mother...or something like that.
BeanQueen chapter 7 . 7/5/2012
I adore how you write the true religion. I adore the fact you know how to shuck broom thrush and how to wrap a besom. I love Bella's twisted sickness and sisterly devisings. I love a little blood. And the letters between mother and son are truly heart-wrenching. And to top it all off: Voldemoyeurism.
BeanQueen chapter 6 . 7/5/2012
Gotta love Florence, right? I bet if more people knew how impossibly hot your smut was, you'd have no end of reviews here. You write like you've had a couple of teenaged lovers yourself. I have a few months left of being a teenager. Just so you know...
BeanQueen chapter 5 . 7/5/2012
You write hands down the best Dracissa first times. They're so awkward and dirty and tender and wrong. They encompass everything that should come with incest and more. Best line was about Draco's lips: "the top one his father's and the bottom one mine." That just kind of encapsulates the whole moment - the sensuality and forbidenness. It's just perfect. I love that they resist at first. It speaks to their knowledge and their morality. And the situation they're in is so wearing... I hope they stay together.
BeanQueen chapter 4 . 7/5/2012
Okay. Lots here. Awesome dream sequence. If I had a vagina, I'd be grabbing it in pain right now. And the dual? Holy wow! It was just killer! Like watching a movie. Two beast witches going at it. I love how you bring out Narcissa's inner bad witch. I always kind of imagined she would be the only one who could ever match Bella - growing up with her and all. And Narcissa's reaction involving Draco was great. That first hint of jealousy lingering with protection. A slow build to Dracissa amongst great resistance.
BeanQueen chapter 3 . 7/5/2012
Best Draco I've read since one of your other stories. This is pretty much exactly as I imagined his induction happening - less ceremony and more desperation. And Narcissa's reaction was epic. You write good Death Eaters - like Greyback. Very believably apathetic or slimy. And Bella here...chilling. The 'smut' between them is very fitting to the title - not lacking at all in erotica, but damned difficult to read because it's so insidious. The creepy feeling you got when you watched the movie Kids for the first time.
BeanQueen chapter 2 . 7/5/2012
There is this amazing deviance that lingers beneath every gesture from Bella in this story - no matter how benign or sisterly it seems. I just have that feeling that any minute will see it all go to hell.
BeanQueen chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Only you could apply Whitman to Bella and have it come across perfectly naturally. I love how you write her so heathenish and antagonizing. You bring out the foils in them.
BellasTrick chapter 12 . 5/29/2012
God, everytime Bellatrix dies, it breaks my heart (hence my story, forcing her to be alive). It sucks, such a powerful witch. Damn you, Molly Weasley! lol. An excellent story. The torment, angst is so well-written. I congratulate you. Now, off to the happier stories. hahaha