Reviews for Unknown: a War of the Roses episode tag
rcfan77 chapter 2 . 1/12/2015
well written! Like the dialogue between Jane and Angela! :)
LouiseKurylo chapter 2 . 1/1/2015
Nice illumination of the ending of that episode. It's always bothered me that Jane wouldn't give Lisbon a straight answer. This is complex, and tangled, and contradictory enough to ring true in their universe of grief, and exploitation, and revenge, and sympathy, and trust, and uncertainty, and love. Thanks.
MichaellaD chapter 2 . 9/29/2014
Oh, I'm all for wishful thinking. Best way to get through life, eh?
Erased59127 chapter 2 . 3/4/2012
I think your tag is my favorite. You've presented the most optimistic solution. Very interesting look into what could be going through both Jane and Lisbon's head. I wanted to give Lisbon a hug. My heart broke at her stricken expression in the episode. I'd like to imagine she was able to let it all offscreen the way she did in your tag. You also managed a good explanation for Jane's behavior, both towards Erica Flynn and Lisbon. Regardless about how I feel about the episode, it was nice to see you here again writing.
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 2 . 2/24/2012
Great thoughts on the episode :)
MerriWyllow chapter 2 . 2/23/2012
Poor Jane; Poor Lisbon. Poor Angela - can't even rest in her grave because she's still got to straighten Patrick out. He may find himself drawn to shifty, manipulative women like Kristina and Erika, but he knows that's not what he really needs and wants most. I've said it before - he for darn sure left that video open to exactly that spot so that Lisbon could see it. He wanted her to know - maybe he just wanted to share how much he still loved and admired his wife; maybe he could see that the one woman in his life now that came anywhere near meeting his criteria is Lisbon and was crying out for her to meet the rest of the need.

This was a good read, I went through it twice just to savor it. It also brings to life some of the things we have been discussing elsewhere, and does so vividly. Poor Jane, he just keeps digging himself in deeper.
AVG18 chapter 2 . 2/23/2012
You know, when reading this second chapter and Angela started "talking" it reminded me of "Mend this tear", which was a fic I liked a lot. I think it was a nice turn to try to find an explanation to Jane's behavior towards Lisbon. It will be interetsing to see if this story goes a little bit more into this topic. Good work!
All-I-need chapter 2 . 2/23/2012
Sometimes I just want to smack Jane over the head with a large, heavy object. His ego, for example. *sigh*

Really, how can one person be so stupid? Lisbon already knows just how dark and twisted he is and shes still by his side. So no, she wont run when he finally admits to what she already knows. Stupid man. *rolls eyes*

At least he can admit his feelings to himself, not that thats doing him any good. Again: idiot. If theyd just TALK for once, they might actually find some common ground and get somewhere. All he needs to keep him from going completely off his rocker is Lisbon, and now hes pushing her away for fear of losing her? That doesnt even make sense! *sigh* Damn Jane for always thinking around two dozen corners. Living his whole life in fear of what MIGHT happen is not a good way of living, really. Maybe someone should tell him that - or rather, yell it at him while hitting him with a blunt object to make sure hes listening.
Teresa Lisbon chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
Uah what a f**.

I'm just glad you're back !
MerriWyllow chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
This story broke my heart more than the episode did. Of course, that means it was well-written and brilliantly captured some of how Lisbon might well feel about Jane yanking her chain so much.
LittleMender chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
That episode ... Jane's actions and reactions were so all over the map I don't even know where we were supposed to look. I think his being so gleeful over Lisbon's reaction to "I need her" was the only thing that was genuine. And I'm so twisted up over it I can't write a tag. So I'm enjoying reading everybody else's.

This was so good, so well written. And though I hurt for Lisbon (She's my girl, and I don't like when ANYbody messes with her.) and her tears, there was a lot in your tag that actually made me feel better.

I appreciated the deeper look at the inner workings of Jane's control syndrome, withholding his confidence in that way. That really is like something he would do and presents us with an interesting dicotomy: their relationship should be past this kind of stuff but the further Jane goes down the road he's on, the more prone he is to just this sort of psychological cruelty.

For so many reasons, thanks so much for writing, information specialist!
mentalistfan123 chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Aww. This was perfect. Yet so sad.

I can totally imagine Lisbon crying afterwards. WAHH THE EPISODE WAS SO SAD YET SO GOOD.

Super good tag though(: Really well written. :D
lolly2222 chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Hi,

Great one shot I too was more irritated by Jane's line than anything else it just seemed rude! I hope they are building up to one hell of a confrontation between the two.
AVG18 chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Didn't you just hate that reply? "No I didn't...answer your question." and the look on his face, I felt like puncihng him in the nose a-la Code Red, I hope Lisbon beats him on a case, uses him and take one over him for once solving a case.
Kaoh chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
You hit the nail on the head with this one! She looked so deafeated when she turned away from Jane. It broke my heart as well. Perfect tag for me - it reflects exactly what I have been thinking.

There are many parts of this tag that work so well for me - the continuity with Eve, the brilliant paragraph about her shame and the accuracte (and insightful) listing of Lisbon's understanderable grievances just to mention a few.

Hopefully her treatment here by Jane will give her the wakeup call that she needs.

Thank you so much for writing this! This was exactly what I needed.