Reviews for Thirty Tales of a Swordsman
Cloudedguardian chapter 30 . 4/10
I can't decide which one's best! I'm very biased towards your Mindshattered-verse, so I loved this-
But I also grinned as big as humanely possible with "Gamer" and "Dinner Party"
Cloudedguardian chapter 17 . 4/10
I bet Zoro really would be an amazing singer, so I agree with this 100%-
Except I think Luffy isn't tone deaf, and would probably be every bit as a good singer as Brook if he tried to sing when sober- And actually seriously. Then again, perhaps asking Luffy to be serious about anything that isn't his nakama is unreasonable...
Lilero chapter 30 . 2/14
This was so nice! My favourite pieces were the Baroque Works Saga ones. I love all of your One Piece stories. Keep writing! )
ThatOneFan chapter 23 . 2/3
I know this story is entirely about Zoro, but this has me wondering... Just who stopped Luffy's Death from taking him at Marineford? Luffy was all alone, and therefore none of the Deaths around him would be aware of the pact... No one to stop him. Maybe if was Law's death out of pride with his humans profession? In any other situation, I'd say Luffy and his Death were just /that/ damn stubborn, but Ace just died and his Death (who I assume was close to Luffy's due to the as-good-as-family bond) just went to oblivion.
Plus, how would the rest of the Straw-Hat Deaths react to the fact that the pact was almost broken without any of them noticing, much less being able to stop it? It would have to be pretty damn devastating considering the way you equated the pact to their human's dreams... especially considering their achievement in this chapter.

I am rapidly falling in love with this particular concept of yours... I can totally picture the way Luffy must have won over his Death with his dream the way he has everyone else, Coby's Death would either hero-worship Luffy's Death or despise him what with the way Luffy inspired Coby to go and do something that could very likely get him killed, Zoro's Death bitching at his human non-stop during the time where he's tied to a post... and that fight with Mihawk... And I can't imagine he's to happy with the cursed sword Zoro picked up either...
The rest of the Death's didn't get much characterization, so I can't really guess how they would react to the situations their wayward humans get into, but I love the fact that Luffy's death is just as crazy as he is and that, like Luffy, it actually seems to work for him.

Okay, I'm done now I swear. But yeah, seriously in love with this one.
UltimateC3 chapter 30 . 1/23
I actually read these a while back; I just never reviewed, which I'm deeply sorry for, 'cuz I was too lazy to make an account. This was by far the best collection of Zoro drabbles I've ever read, and the Baroque Works one was simply amazing.

-Wonderful job! Thanks for writing!
SerpentineShadows chapter 1 . 12/25/2013
Zoro's one of my favorite characters in One Piece, so I'm guessing I'll really enjoy this series!
So far, the first chapter was interesting. I liked the idea of personal deaths for the One Piece characters. It's original.
I also like how Zoro's Death's personality is different from Zoro's. I can see why he turned out like he did; Zoro's the one who's deciding but his personal death also has to suffer the consequences. Not to mention the fact that Zoro almost dies a lot and he'll probably never remember his conversations with his personal death.
Your writing style is beautiful! The words flowed together naturally, not awkwardly at all.
Zentin chapter 17 . 11/30/2013
For the singing, I would actually say that Zoro is more of a Bass...though it is a pretty good guess. For guys, singing is usually divided up into the high part known as Tenors (smaller groups there is just one set of tenors, but larger choirs can have two depending on the range of the individual singer), Baritones ( sometimes referred as Bass 1), and Bass (Bass 2). Baritones in smaller groups are usually combined with Basses, so they sing the same parts. If I were to survey voice range based on the Japanese version, Nami and Robin would definitely be singing alto (though I would be it would be easy for them to sing soprano if necessary), Chopper would definitely be a soprano since he is technically younger and his voice hasn't changed yet (he and Luffy are both voiced by women). I am debating whether or not Luffy is a soprano or alto. Zoro, Sanji, Franky are all Baritones or Basses. Brook could go either way being tenor or baritone, and Usopp is definitely a Tenor.
Aku Maru chapter 23 . 10/22/2013
I decided to reread these Personal Deaths stories because I needed something suitably morbid and jovial. And I've decided two things I would love to see from you. One, when the Straw Hats finally meet their end and Zoro at least chatting with his Death before Zoro goes off to the Afterlife. However, Zoro's Death actually becomes a full on Grim Reaper because of all this near death experieces. I'm sure Luffy's and Sanji's Deaths would also become Grim Reapers, but I'm more interested in Zoro.

Second, I know you're not much of a Luffy writer, but I would love to see Luffy's Death in response to the near death experience at Impel Down. Seeing as how he was seperated from his crew, I was wondering if the Deaths had the same seperation constraints. I imagine after that episode Luffy's Death might actually be stronger than Zoro's.

Anyway, love reading your stories. I'll probably be rereading them for years to come.
Santoryuu-Zoro chapter 22 . 10/8/2013
Ughh soo good I can't even handle the awesome. I'm rereading this series for like the third time. But please please give a little expansion to this chapter. I really really want to see some aftermath!
Yamiyashi chapter 23 . 9/15/2013
I'm really rather liking this Deaths-verse you've got going on here. The details are all rather well thought-out and it's all very intriguing, particularly how it succeeds in explaining the "dumb luck" factor that seems to work so well for the Straw Hats. I'd love to see more from the Straw Hat Deaths!
mad100141 chapter 30 . 8/16/2013
I liked the death ones a lot. Most memorable ones. I wonder who stopped Luffys death all those times in Impel Down and Marineford. How did he resist the call during the poisoning and after Aces death? How close must they have been, wahh! Luffy death bro, you are so strong.
Wolf and MR Lover chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Lol, yeah I'd be pretty pretty pissed if I was Zoro's death.
Sayichi chapter 18 . 6/15/2013
The hell! This chapter made me cry! What do you think your doing killing Zoro!...it was well written...I'm going to go and cry in a corner now.
Sayichi chapter 2 . 6/14/2013