Reviews for The Goblin and the Small Town Sheriff
Lucyole chapter 26 . 9/5/2016
Really great Story lots of feelings good ones sind Bad ones too, interesting, exciting and with a good das of Humor too really good. *cupcakes for you*
The Dark One Rising chapter 27 . 8/12/2016
*Completionist mode activated* Well, it's already been activated. It's just making sure that I review this chapter, for whatever reason. I guess here would be a good place to showcase my overall feelings about your story.

Right, well then. What to say, what to say? No, really. What can I say that you haven't already heard? I suppose I can be a bit more blunt. Honestly, the pacing seemed a bit wonky. Well, maybe not quite that. It's just that the story moved rather quickly, but some things that seemed like they might've been important just sort of glossed over. In general the story was much shorter and faster paced than things I would normally go for. The actual plot seemed rather unresolved. Generally, things get wrapped up at the end of the story, with perhaps a few loose ends. If you're writing a series, you might put in a cliffhanger. However, many main plot points were just left hanging. Emma hasn't truly accepted Rumple, nor does she even know who he is in FTL. Well, she is beginning to, but she never even said so in full to the man, Regina has been nullified, but Zuri dropped out of the story, despite her large involvement in earlier chapters. Zuri could remain to be a problem, although it doesn't seem her nature. The child has yet to be born, and we never really got to see any scenes between Henry and Rumple. Is the kid adjusting well to all of this? Well, grievances aside, I did enjoy it. I can also understand why the story was like this, seeing as you seem to be drugged up on things, at the time.
The Dark One Rising chapter 26 . 8/12/2016
Oh, we were all kidding ourselves. That's what we thought would happen for the show. That, once Emma broke the curse, things would be happy. However, ABC couldn't just let a good show die. So, S2 came along with not happy endings but more problems. More problems and more villains. No, of course it wouldn't just be all happy, fun and rainbows.

My, my. That was abrupt. I didn't expect it to end quite so soon, despite seeing the amount of chapters and word count. Well, I suppose that's why you wrote a sequel. With Rumple, his be all, end all was Bae. Just finding Nae was his happy ending. Of course, it could be argued that Emma in this story would become that. However, a Rumple-centric fic seems woefully incomplete without even mentioning his lost son.
The Dark One Rising chapter 25 . 8/12/2016
Of course this was going to happen. Not only did Emma hesitate to break the damn limiter, but Reguna figured it out the very same day. Oh, the drama. He won't actually die, but he might give people a good scare. I do sincerely hope this doesn't end in a TLK. It's OUAT's deus ex magica. I will cringe if that happens, I swear.

Actually, I was cringing at the notion of Rumple "cheating". Yes, he did it out of necessity. However, there was probably some small part that enjoyed it. Knowing what we do about Milah and Hook, I don't think he would do something like that if it could be avoided. If need be, however, I don't doubt that he could. As is, he does need to be doing this, if he wishes not to tip off Regina. Even so, I can't imagine this will be very comfortable for any involved parties.
The Dark One Rising chapter 24 . 8/12/2016
No, Emma is wrong. Money is not the most powerful magic of the LWM. According to Gold, condiments are! Is it bad that I have some of the more iconic lines memorized? I think I'm a tad obsessed with OUAT. In my defense, it was a memorable scene and I had recently rematched clips from previous seasons.

You are right about the red. Emma looks good in red. Even pre-curse Rumple seemed to think so. I'm talking about that S3 finale dress. It was a fine red dress. I'm sure Hook appreciated it.
The Dark One Rising chapter 23 . 8/12/2016
Good gods, why? I am endlessly amused. I'm not sure if Rumple has a thing for the, uh, "Mills" women or they have a thing for him. Either way, much involvement. It wouldn't be unthinkable that Regina may have had some feelings for her magical teacher, but I doubt he would have returned them. That makes this all the more ironic, of course. I suppose it would be possible. If he had a choice, he probably would have gone for Cora, though.
The Dark One Rising chapter 22 . 8/12/2016
I was thinking. Dangerous pastime, I know. Most post-S1 fanfic had everyone return to the EF. That was the logical conclusion, I suppose. I have yet to find any pre-S2 fics that show them still in SB post-curse. Was it really that hard to guess at? Rumple still needed to find his son, which he had not done by even the end of S1. So, since there is a sequel, I have to wonder whether or not it will take place in FTL. Considering your pen chance for unconventional ideas, it wouldn't surprise me if it was in SB.
The Dark One Rising chapter 21 . 8/12/2016
That was easier than I expected. Of course, Rumple was using magic. Even so, I think they would have been fine without it. He didn't need a glamour to make Regina seem nasty. She did it herself, what with cursing out the other party.

Also, as an aside, I don't believe that would be a glamour. Those are usually applied directly to a person to change appearance and perception of said person to others. Rumple cast it on the judge to make him view others differently, not have others view him differently. In this case, I believe it would be more of a compulsion charm or whatever you want to call it.
The Dark One Rising chapter 20 . 8/12/2016
Well, it's starting to click. A bit more. I'm a bit surprised Emma isn't running for the hills.
Henry is more important, though. She also happens to be married and pregnant, which makes running difficult. For she really thought she needed to, I think she would be able to do so. As of now, while she doesn't like Gold, she doesn't believe him a threat to her or Henry. I suppose that's a start.
The Dark One Rising chapter 19 . 8/12/2016
You know what? I'm not going to try and guess what Emma thinks about diary tales and SB. I find that I just keep failing. It seems that she was only so accepting because of the afterglow. Following that, it still has yet to click. I could be wrong, though. I probably am.

You know, there are a few different arguments on what Rumple is. As a spinner, he was very submissive. Yet, as the Dark One, he has that (somewhat crazy) alpha male thing going on. Sure, he seems fine playing dom to people he doesn't care about. What about the ones that he does? Emotions seem to be his weak point. Really, when it came to actually believing someone could love him in S1, he was very vulnerable. So, I suppose he could be a sub. That does feel weird to say, with the way he acts, but I can see it.
The Dark One Rising chapter 18 . 8/12/2016
I just can't read a situation, apparently. So, Emma has accepted the whole fairytale thing. It has yet to click with her what exactly that means, however. Does she realize who her parents are? Maybe she knows all of this intellectually, but I don't really think most of it has registered. If it had, she would be a bit more freaked out. That, and her parents would probably come up, at some point.

You giggle were reading or writing smut? So, years later, does that still hold true?
The Dark One Rising chapter 17 . 8/12/2016
Ah. Never mind. She simply didn't object to the statement last chapter about "Henry's fantasy". Not that it's actually a fantasy, but that is what Emma believes. I knew it seemed too easy. So, she still doesn't believe. I must have been tired and read the situation wrong. Well, I'm sure that Emma will be glad that Mary Margaret and David were witnessing, once the curse finally breaks. I'm not sure I could say the same for those two, though. Knowing they let their daughter marry Rumplestiltskin and not doing anything to stop it. That will probably hurt, if they have yet to accept him by the time the curse breaks. Why should they? MM might, but David doesn't infect much with Emma.
The Dark One Rising chapter 16 . 8/12/2016
Just like that? Emma believed Rumple about the curse? I would have thought the denial would have been stronger than that. S1 was all about Enma's denial. There was a lot of it, enough that she couldn't even see what was right in front of her. August's leg, in particular, comes to mind.
The Dark One Rising chapter 15 . 8/12/2016
Oh, poor Emma. Lots of results. Lots of positive results. I think most of us had realized, after that night of unprotected sex, that this would happen. Good thing Gold hasn't been seeing the rest of his harem! Wouldn't that be awkward? Now, question is, will Emma realize that he knew? She knows he isn't an idiot, but will she put it together and figure why he wanted to rush the marriage?
The Dark One Rising chapter 14 . 8/11/2016
Oh, come on. You didn't devote at least one chapter to the actual shopping trip? I was looking forward to that. Seriously, all four of those women have some sort of history with Rumple. He had thought, in the previous chapter, that four of them had been "kissed throughly" and three "bedded". I didn't even think even kissed Snow. It's certainly possible, though.