Reviews for Garden Plot
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
This is a good story. The only typo I caught was "Hello", since in the books the characters say "Hullo". Everything else is fine.

It seemed nice that Frodo worked out in the garden. You don't really see that in the books. I can understand how that would help heal him, since it would take his mind off the pain. Still curious about the turnips, and whether or not he does care for them.

Good work.

-Aria Breuer
andaere chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
Wow, this is beautiful. You write so well, I could visualize everything. Everyone was in character and I could practically hear their voices in my head. I love how the story hints at the darkness and pain that Frodo has been through without actually saying anything. And I love the hurt/comfort, and again, the beautiful writing, and gah... :) Really a treasure. (Plus, I love postQuest Sam, Frodo, and Rosie stories).

Thanks for writing this!
Leia Wood aka Cascadia chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
Lovely story!

~Leia
me chapter 1 . 7/5/2004
I like the story. It is light hearted.
G chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
-very sweet and heartwarming story
-you did a good job of writing the interactions between all 3 characters (it was especially nice to see how you developed Rosie's character :)
Shire hobbit chapter 1 . 4/7/2003
Oh, this story was great! And so sweet, and wonderful! I loved it!

:~)

~ Shire hobbit
Kay chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
I loved this story.
Aryaveiel Skycryer chapter 1 . 3/5/2003
Oh, I do like this one. So true to the characters, and you did a good job of conveying their emotions. So sweet, it was! I especially loved your use of language. I could practically smell the dirt and sunshine while I read this. Very good.
Ana chapter 1 . 10/19/2002
I love the purity of your subject matter! Your portrayal of the characters is very consistant with the book. Keep it up!
Sally Gardens chapter 1 . 8/25/2002
I'm a sucker for Frodo-healing stories, and this one is especially well-written. I love how the ending (intentionally or not) leaves room to interpret either the canon book ending or an alternative in which Frodo stays, finding just enough "healing" in the garden (and in the love of the gardener and his wife) to have strength to bear him through the dark days.
SLR chapter 1 . 8/13/2002
Okay, I don't know if anyone else has said so or not, but I for one was terribly disappointed when I couldn't find any other stories of yours to enjoy as much as I did this one. I loved the style, content, and love shown in your story, and I really hope you'll write more. I promise to review any future works you post and I find!
Mrs. Gamgee chapter 1 . 8/8/2002
awww! What a wonderful story! This is actually the first story I've read with Rosie in it, and I really enjoyed reading about her.

Like Trilliah said, the story has just the right amount of humor and angst. The bit about the limp finger of the glove had me sniffling!

Very very good job!
Talking Hawk chapter 1 . 8/2/2002
! (blinks back tears) That was one of the sweetest things I've ever read... It was SO funny and SO heart-warming all at the same time... (shakes your hand enthusiastically) I was honored to read this. There's so much filth out there in the fanfiction world...slash, sex, swearing, unoriginal plots (hehe)... But this...this was a blessing sent to us. You have a gift, my friend. You can write beautifully, and you have an excellent vocabulary, and you just write such adorable things... I have never said this before to ANYONE, but reading this story was truly an honor. I would count myself fortunate if I were able to read more of your clean, wonderful, touching works. It's just...indescribable. Amazing. I'm at a loss of words for how fantastic it is...
Mainframe chapter 1 . 6/8/2002
Wow!

I just found this via Trilliah's fav fic's. Great stuff, are we gonna have more? Please say yes, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!

A follow on would be wonderful; there will NEVER be enough hobbit fic's!

A very grabbing, completely satisfying piece of writing!

Jen

x
Ranger chapter 1 . 6/2/2002
Excellent story! You captured Sam and Rosie perfectly, and your attention to detail was great. (the limp third finger of the glove i.e.)

The gentle teasing and obvious affection between Frodo and Sam was touching. Sam is worrying over him again, as usual. It must be contagious too, since Rosie has definitely gotten caught up in mothering Frodo as well.

I loved the part about Frodo finding out they were going to plant turnips in his patch. I kind of agree with Frodo. If I am going to work that hard, at least plant something I like!

Hope to see something else from you. You are very talented.