Reviews for Corrine's last stand
Hawki chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
Y’know, I tried to start this review off with some sarcastic jibe about writing for Barbie, but couldn’t get it to work. I guess that comes from watching ‘Friendship is Magic’…so don’t have any right to be snarky…so…eep!

Anyway, for what it’s worth, I think this is well done, though admittedly not for reasons I’m that qualified to comment on. Haven’t seen the film (or any ‘Barbie’ film actually…), but for what it’s worth, it feels…authentic? As in, it doesn’t go down the grimdark route, that while you do state that swords are designed to kill (or at the least, are weapons by their very nature), it doesn’t feel overly gritty. Okay, it starts with an antagonist being killed, and the characters seem okay with that, but at least further down, there’s a sense of happy-go-lucky comraderie that would likely fit in the film’s intended demographic. It feels like something befitting its media rather than entering overdone angst territory.

So, all in all, decent job. And personal brownie points for branching out. It’s not something that I would mark down authors for in regards to sticking to their comfort zones, but I’m all for trying new medias, in both writing and reading.
deets1 chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
Well. That was pretty nice. I could see that in cannon any day (minus the blood- that's barbie for you- the land where swords are only supposed to hit other swords)- aka it was very in character, which was nice. I liked the story. I find it interesting that it didn't end on a sad note- I'm not talking sob story or someone dying right there, but you could've made the situation sound more hopeless. The way you didn't showed the girls' loyalty and... for want of a better word, optimism, even to death.

loved the story,

P.S. The word I was looking for was really not optimism, but I couldn't think of another- I'm sure you know what I mean though... maybe.
Sokai chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
Read this this morning, when my brain started working again...sort of :p

I got disappointed at the end, though, because I scrolled back up and realized it was a oneshot...:(

BOOOO! For SHAME! You must continue, I say! :p

It was really good :)
Laura Scofield chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
Never seen the film, but thought I'd give this a go anyway. It sounds awesome that the Three Musketeers are women in this for a start! I liked the interaction between the women, and their steadfast loyalty to each other. You're really skilled at dipping in and out of different fandoms :)