Reviews for The Kind Pauper
austori chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
i actually really love shu's character because its filled with raw honesty and humaness and kindness. I like how thourgh this is :-)
OoOXylionOoO chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
XD a good question :)
starsinjars chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
so it's like 4:30 in the morning where im from but i finally relented and decided to check out some gc fics. there were not many.

but, i really loved this because...gosh it's annoying to review when you're dead tired. well this basically summed up everything that i thought about shu as a character. and that's the reason why this anime tore at my heartstrings, because of the whole string of events that showed that people scumb under pressure or something. idk, im really tired xD but yes i loved this and thank you :)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
This is completely amazing, and really, really sad. It makes really good points and captures the essence of Shu's struggle, and the brilliance of his character. Very well-written, and quite beautiful.

Thanks for writing this!
jngp chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
IKR! despite how much i love guilty crown, their treatment of emotional trauma and disturbed mental states is so... half-done that i'm like, whuuuuut? so glad i'm NOT the only one that sees it
mikethepokemaster chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
i like this one-shot it got shu character good for me and no body understood or try to understand shu except hare, i cant say inori because she still getting her emotion, and ayase i like her character but shes an ass to shu at the start of series hope she turns around and stop being an ass. gai he can go die for all i care, and his friends too expectantly, arisa because she the main culprit who told everybody, i always thought she be another love- interest for shu but come to found she just another groupie for gai. hate that everboddy on gais dick like hes the best thing happen, hope he kill arisa after getting the power he wanted.
Kni9ht chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
Extremely angsty, but I really like it. Why?

Because you have conveyed the truest inner thoughts and feelings of Shu, which is not easily to do as it seems. I don't understand why every single person in Guilty Crown (except for the sweet, kind Hare, of course) always viewed Shu as some kind of coward or a wimp. Before meeting Inori, he was just a normal highschool student, for god's sake. And the knowledge that he himself was the one triggered the first Lost Christmas didn't help much either.

Another thing, I don't know how many people would see your way of wording is awkward, but I myself enjoyed it. I mean, just as you have voiced up your opinion, Shu is really being taken advantage of by many people that I truly wonder, why can't he free himself from those shackles? He deserves more love, more understanding, and more sympathy than "He is totally messed up!" (by Argo); even Inori is somewhat of a whimsy in my eyes.

Also, I agree with your Author's Notes ranting, especially about the Haruka, Ayase, and Tsugumi's part. However, I seriously doubt that they would ever understand a single tiny bit of Shu's pain, not because they are dense, but because the script writer made them so (I wanna rip out the heart of whoever that is).

Anyway, your fic have made my day, as I'm still being depressed from watching episode 17.

Sincerely,

Kni9ht.
iCards chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
very Angst, especially on the Hare subject, but is still an enjoyable read.

you put Ayase through the ringer.
xRiko-chanx chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
Wow. I really like this. I can tell you really understand Shu. I feel like hes so pitiful, but all I usually hear about him is that hes a wimp or something similar. Although he does annoy me at times, he reacts like any normal high schooler would act and I feel like you really conveyed that thought. Btw the way you worded the question was slightly awkward. However, overall I think you did a great job. ;)