Reviews for Genesis
StenHammer chapter 5 . 8/12
MUURRRRICANNNNNNNNN LANGUAGE!1
geroni211 chapter 5 . 4/30/2014
Do want to see more. I would like that when you reach the point where you think you have progressed enough, to update this story with just stories from the Wanderer, the travel to vault 112, doing some sidequest...
The Silent Orator chapter 5 . 10/21/2013
I hope you'll continue this, maybe after you're finished with MM.
D chapter 5 . 9/26/2013
Great, as expected. Don't know if you are planning on continuing with this, but, I wish you would. I read your trilogy before this, which was awesome, and while reading it I often thought it would be interesting to experience the events of fallout3 as experienced by Jason Howlett.
Krookodile553 chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Hey CC. May I request that whenever you have time in your busy schedule to tie off this little story? Please!?
Guest chapter 5 . 7/28/2012
now you really should stop being so modest. youre an exemplarary writer. Ive read ALL of your fallout stories, and theyre all great. which is more than i can say to most the fallout fanfic writers. look on this site, and youll find morons with some of the worst writing capabilities Ive ever seen. the bad part is that, they all seem to get good reviews. but the reader has to take time, to understand whatever the fuck theyre trying to get at. and thats not how it should be. with you, its quite the opposite. its rare that I find misspellings, in your stories, let alone gammatical errors. give yourself more credit. your one of the greatest writers on the entire fanfic site. and absolutely THE best on the fallout branch.
jdboss1 chapter 5 . 6/27/2012
looking good
raynefalls2014 chapter 5 . 4/18/2012
This is an amazing rendition of the first few parts of FO3. I like the amount of detail that you put in, especially Jason's first encounter with sunlight, and his view of the sunset and sunrise. Also, the fact that you didn't make your main character into a kind of badass Rambo like alot of the other people who rewrite the game was very refreshing. He was very unsure about everything, and terrified. I think you captured that very well and made it very real. I really liked this, and it's now on my favorites list :-) Looking forward to your next update, and I think you should continue all the way through, because you're such an excellent writer.
cally777 chapter 5 . 4/13/2012
This is undoubtedly one of the better fics I've read dealing with the LW's escape from the Vault, mainly because of the intelligent and considerate way its written. While it doesn't much depart from the usual linear structure, there is much good description and observation, and a highly realistic approach. You rightly do justice to the significant moments, such as the first corpse, the first act of killing and the emergence into the Wasteland. And you're too modest; you've described them all very vividly, with appropriate reactions.

Following the scripted dialogue is okay if you can blend it in and make it seem fresh, which you mostly have. I would beg to differ that there's no point in departing from the game structure, but you've added some smart observations and quirks (such as the Tunnel Snake suit being a possible, though surely brief, disguise).

However one thing I'm still waiting to see is whether you can manage character interaction with the same elan as you have everything else. Something seems just a little held back in all the LW's relationships so far, including with his father and, somewhat disappointingly considering the excellent start, with Amata. You need to get the sparks flying like you did in that first para. Megaton's coming up, so that could be a good place to start.

But apart from that reservation, an outstandingly well-written fic!
Garret Schweng chapter 5 . 3/22/2012
This, i have to admit is the best fanfiction I've read to date! it really makes me wish I had role-played more. Thankyou sir for enlightening me with your amazing abilities to paint pictures with words.
Garret Schweng chapter 5 . 3/22/2012
Dartasan chapter 5 . 3/21/2012
I liked your detail of the sunrise/set

Moria is pretty awesome, When you played through did Burke kill the sheriff? or do you save him?
Andrew.was.here chapter 5 . 3/21/2012
Nicely done, I recall Jason commenting on the beauty of sunsets and sunrises in your previous stories, wanting to watch them whenever the opportunity presented itself. Here we get to see his first experience with them. One thing missing from his visit to...name escaping me as I write this, Springvale? There was one house where he would've met someone and even made some caps.
Tom-Ato13 chapter 5 . 3/20/2012
Yes Moira. I am in love with her for the strangest reason.
Krow Blood chapter 5 . 3/20/2012
Not sure if the colors are diffrn't in the northern hemisphere or if it's because you are Red-Green Colorblind, but down here the sunsets are mostly a majestic shade of Orange.