Reviews for The Life in a Day
wordsurfer chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Everything. Everything about this story. I'm kind of incoherent at the moment, sorry. Seriously, though, even if they don't do flashbacks during the next series to Hal's life with Leo and Pearl, I will be perfectly happy, having read this. Especially Leo and Hal at the bank and 'Yes, Tom, you are quite correct and also I have stupid hair' (although personally I love Hal's hair), and HAL and LEO and PEARL! Everything just rang so true and was raw and beautiful.
Catherine chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
This is one of my favorite fics ever. I've read it more than once. You are awesome.
Olivia Cookie Mills chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
That was amazing. Your writing style is superb.
PB Headless chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Perfect :)
SAINTIXE56 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
After reading this story, there are only two comments to make. Either you are Toby Whithouse or Toby Whithouse must hire you. The characters are pitch perfect, the canon is perfectly spot on, the storyline is right on timing and this should be filmed. Do I like it? You bet. Do I want more of the same? You must know by now. People: read and enjoy.
MancVamp chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Rubyrosettared suggested reading your story (high praise indeed) and so I did.

After watching Hal's prequel, there was some debate about how Hal and Leo escaped from the vampires on the Being Human Blog and you have filled in the gap! And brilliantly too!

Really enjoyed this story, your characterisation is spot on. I loved the imagery you created - "Leo can smell the centuries of death covering him","...making all the pencils the...". It was clever, well-crafted and funny, and really drew me into the story as it went along. Fantastic dialogue throughout, with only the necessary details to guide us as to the time-frame we were plunged into, which I always really appreciate in a good story.

I hope you write many, many more stories for us Being Human fans. And thanks!

Araminta Lupin chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
I really liked this fic because of the way you have blended together all of the history and 'big, fat ordinary life' these characters have shared together for over half a century and the way you've incorporated Hal, Annie and Tom at the end. I also think you have got Hal spot on!
Ruby Rosetta Red chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
This fic has been an utter joy to read. Was enthralled from beginning to end. You have the voices perfectly, Leo's kindness, Pearl's spikiness and Hal's rigid precise control. You recreated the relationships beautifully. I also loved your interpretation of Hal and Tom's relationship and their budding relationship, Annie's too.

Very well done and thank you for sharing :)