Reviews for Seeing by Candlelight
darcy58 chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
From "I see you," Ianto said enigmatically and with a soft smile.
through to
And Ianto locked his gaze on Jack's and nodded, "I do. I will."

is superb, capturing so much in tight writing. Well done.
Maharani Radha chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
That was very sweet and well-written. Everyone was perfectly in-character and it was light, not too mushy (which is kind of what I was looking for). :)

Great job!
Kefirah chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
I really liked this. The interaction was nice and true enough to character. Definitely felt it could have gone this way.

I have only one criticism: when Jack says "Something easy but good, okay?" about the wine. I cringed. NO ONE on a date, trying to impress (and I'm SURE Jack is trying to impress) orders wine like that. He would have been better off stopping after he asks the waiter what he recommends.

Just my humble opinion.
veritas6.5 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
I read this on the iPad and just couldn't write a review there. Quite lovely and very tender.

"It's a bit more posh than I'm used to is all," Ianto murmured, looking over the menu for about the twentieth time.

How nervous is that? He's trying to find something inexpensive, I'll bet. That's what our mama taught us.
Serpa.Sas chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
no but this is perfect and wonderful and just I don't have words
firesnap chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
You know, I like it because of the length. It's a great little snapshot of an evening. When I think of of their date, I think of some many little gestures and moments that you put in very smoothly. I love the small awkward moments (like Ianto getting self conscious) and I really like that you hit on the fact that there probably aren't a lot of nice restaurants in Cardiff that Jack hasn't been to before and his history in the city is just soaked everywhere.

Oh this ended up long. Sorry!
Quiet Time chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
That was just lovely. I'm a bit sad it's complete, with so many possibilities hanging over the table.
CaffieneScribbler chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
Good story, and well written. Elegant style and you dealt with Jack's departure very well, something I always find difficult to deal with.
jamaiscredule chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
I really like this. Will there be more?
Andthenyousmile chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
It's brillant. This happened. I don't care. This actually happened. No arguments.

Write more words!