Reviews for Shades of Gray
Chades chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Oh,ouch! The second half of the chapter make my stomach muscles tighten in dread and the first half made me applaud. I mean,to write such things it means that you probably have a great sense of humor,too. (Im assuming,of course but if youd not have a sense of humor itd probalby impossible to write something like that.)
Snips95 chapter 10 . 3/17/2012
Wow. That was intense. I loved everything about this story. :) very well done.
Viviane Renard chapter 10 . 3/6/2012
I really like what this chapter did for you story. It's a great turning point, and shows a radical shift in the dynamics between Anakin and Obi-Wan (for the better), and Anakin's deepening resentment of the Jedi Council. You do a great job of expressing Anakin's hate towards the Council, and how the other Jedi can sense it (which only serves to further alienate Anakin as the other Jedi react negatively to him):

"Heat roiled off his skin, set the shadows on the mosaic floor into flickering unrest, seared through the Force like a hot rain. The Councilors stirred, frowned at him."

I'm curious to see how the rest of this story plays out, now that Obi-Wan realizes Anakin's delicate balance between the Light and Dark Side, and how easily he could tip either way. In some way, Obi-Wan's run in with spice was a boon, as it opened his eyes to the reality of Anakin's anger and gave him a second chance of friendship with Anakin. Before, he could deny the dark side growing in Anakin, but the spice delivered a demon-filled vision he couldn't ignore. I hope he can use that insight and change Anakin's future for the better!
pronker chapter 10 . 3/5/2012
"Cold fire swept through his veins. "No," he spat out. No... he didn't accuse the Council of anything. He knew it. He lived it."

Lots of hate conjured up here; he does that so easily. Loved the ending with the tentative steps towards reconciliation. How would it be, I wonder, if the friendship foundered, as I believe it would in real life? They'd not return phone calls, distance themselves, wonder where it all went wrong ... urk. The GFFA in your stories is better than RL.

Laptop has returned to my lap!
kalimecat chapter 10 . 3/5/2012
There were so many little things I liked a. 1 just the fact that obi wan tried to resign from the council it shows how much of a toll this mission must have taken on him also it was just a really different twist. I also really liked the dialogue between anakin n obi wan at the end. I could sense anakin's initial angst,(with good reason) but def a good reconciliation
LadySaxophone chapter 10 . 3/4/2012
You've left me in awe yet again, my friend.

This chapter was simply amazing. Obi Wan pleading for Anakin to stay, and Anakin thinking he could do that, for now. Pure genius. Is there to be an epilogue, or are you all done?
angelmine-29 chapter 10 . 3/3/2012
I really enjoy your work! I look forward to getting notices in my inboxes for your work. You do a wonderful job of capturing Anakin & Obi-Wan.
Kenji Hyuga White tiger chapter 10 . 3/3/2012
AH, a great story, have you ever thought of becoming a novelist? You could make some serious dough my friend. Keep it up, and I still haven't forgotten about that story you promised me. And by that I mean the story I harshly demanded of you!
charie01 chapter 10 . 3/3/2012
That was perfect! Just the perfect amount of hurt/comfort. 'stay' ... I just loved that:)

My next question is ... What's next? More adventures with Obi-wan and Anakin? Love your stories and really loved this one. Thank you for doing my request and so brilliantly.:)))

Char
FyreFlyte chapter 10 . 3/3/2012
Oh...that was fantastic! Your ability to create emotion gets better and better with every story/chapter you post. I'm currently in full-blown "reject the canon" mode after reading this:

""Stay," Obi Wan repeated. Stay here, by my side, in the Temple, in the Order, in the Light. Don't ever leave. Just stay. You must. You don't understand."

Poor, poor Obi-Wan! He can be so young at times. Anakin, just...how could you turn to the Dark Side? I don't understand. :( (Curse you, Palpy! If Obi-Wan and Anakin fans were Sith, you'd have no hope of taking over the Republic. Dun dun dun.)

I loved the discussion between Ji Sho and Obi-Wan. Humorous and heartbreaking at the same time. :) This part in particular was beautifully done:

"Eventually the obstinate Padawan got the message and trudged off to report his failure to Vokara Che. Hopefully he would not be chastised too severely. He was a good boy. And he was a healer…unlikely to be sent undercover on mission after harrowing mission, forced to choke down murder and filth and spice and moral compromise in the name of peace. Unlikely to be a General charged with sending thousands to their death in the name of justice. Unlikely to sit on the Council, struggling to navigate a labyrinth of dilemmas in which every turning was a dead end leading to utter ruin. No, Ji Sho was good, and did not deserve such a fate.

Such shadow realms were reserved for others. For those who volunteered. For those who lied, even to themselves."

Oh...Obi-Wan. :(

The impact of the war on the Jedi and the characters was very well shown in this chapter. I'm still struggling to find the words to express my awe at your story-telling and writing abilities. Just...every time I read some of your work, I smile all day long, even if it is heartbreaking and agonizing like this chapter was. There's nothing like an amazing piece of writing to make your day! :)

I loved the read and can't wait to see what your imagination comes up with next!

Keep Writing!

FyreFlyte :)
Irene Djo chapter 10 . 3/3/2012
. .

I love it.

I love it.

This opening scene of drug withdrawal. Incredible. I loved the imagery. It's heartbreaking, but I LOVE it.

Also, you KNOW it's a rough day if the situation makes Mace Windu use profanity.

To be awake was to be torn asunder, stretched on a rack between the Force and the irrepressible longing for spice.

This line and your reference to the rack-fantastic.

"What?" That was the stupidest thing obi Wan had ever said or done. He must really, really be tired. Not himself. Anakin gaped and studied his friend closely, feeling the stress points threading through his Firce signature, the thousandfold faultlines in the mask of calm. He waited.

GAH. Obi-Wan. I can barely find the words, so i'll word-vomit impressions.

Hurt. Sad. Fail? POOR OBI-WAN. KRIFFIN DRUGS. BLURGH.

Obi Wan had told him to stay. He could do that.

For now.

What an exquisitely damning closing. Bravo.
kalimecat chapter 9 . 3/3/2012
This story is so good! The description of the fight is well written and precise. I loved the line his saber thrummed thirsty for vengeance oh that was just such s beautiful personification! And poor obi wan is on drugs, it breaks my heart to see him that way :( excited to see how things conclude though ;)
Viviane Renard chapter 9 . 3/2/2012
This chapter was absolutely intense! I love the seeing the fight from both Anakin and Obi-Wan's view. Obi-Wan truly thought he was fighting a demon, and your wonderfully vivid, warped descriptions made me feel the same way too.

I wonder if Uun assassinated Lenn and still lives, or if she made this a homicide-suicide...I'm not sure if she has anything to live for after she gets her revenge. Only time will tell, and if she makes another appearance in the story.

I have only one suggestion for this chapter: I would suggest proofreading this chapter once more. There are some misspelled words, and one sentence kept mixing up "form" and "from." Other than that minor detail, your writing is as wonderful as always. Keep up the amazing work!
pronker chapter 9 . 3/2/2012
Great fight scene - and in GL's canon, Obi-Wan beat Anakin twice, once in a duel on Mustafar and once in TCW's episode in a brawl as Hardeen. So I guess it's okay here that Anakin trounced him. Uun has my respect, facing down a Jedi in full battle mode - good way to use her to end Lenn's reign.

Anakin's surprise at the way the scene must have looked when he burst in, priceless.
LadySaxophone chapter 9 . 3/2/2012
Oh my gosh T-T Obi...

The Force visions mixed with the drug hallucinations were perfect!

"It couldn't be. He begged the Force not to let it be…but the Force was deaf to his pleas, eluding his grasp, turning its back on him, leaving him alone with this awful, unbidden truth.."Obi Wan!" The thing spoke with Anakin's voice"

Oh my gosh. That's Mustafar, right there. All of Obi Wan's worst experiences and premonitions personified. I feel so bad for him. He needs a friend...or maybe a mom. Someone who's supportive and on his side. And Anakin, is basically fighting a similar battle to Obi Wan's with the darkness...and he's loosing. DARN YOU PALPY! Anyway, I cannot wait for the next chapter. I feel a tounge lashing is going to be coming from both our boys, hopefully, they need to get this out in the open. Ok, I'm done with my insanely long review! Thanks for posting!
80 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »