Reviews for What's In a Name?
PhilH chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
Harry's best girl indeed! A very nice commemoration and a great inspiration for that group.
H.JaneGranger chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
I hope you don't really think that about gay people; that they wear leather and collars. And what kind of teacher is okay with students being put INTO CAGES! It was bad for those girls to be bullies but its okay for the memebers of DSG to be bullies? That makes no sense.
SnuggleKitten69 chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Excellent one-shot. I wonder how many times their cages got turned.
Madame Minuit12 chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
nice :)

i love the name hedwig's parliament, it rocks :DD
Slie Amos chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
I liked this, it is a real way to change what happens between the last battle and the epilog. I am one that is very firmly a Harmony fan, though any well written fic with other pairings is fine too.
Kudou Shinichi chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
I was laughing hysterically. I'm glad no one overheard me.
HarmonyLover chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
Hedwig's Parliament! I love it! :) That's wonderful and amazing - and I appreciate the distinction between a true study group that used to augment skills and a separate, more clandestine group that's trying to stop social problems before they start.

I also love all of the loving banter between Harry and Hermione. Thank you for that. :)
Cateagle chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Tonks picking Ginny would be exceedingly unlikely; I agree that she'd much more likely have picked Hermione and figured that she'd work well with Harry (they've obviously enjoyed working very closely together). I love the name of that second group and I suspect a lot of those tending toward darker behaviors are going to find themselves forcibly corrected.
GBTtown chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Great little story!
socar37 chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
As always, this story is rich and full bodied for a one shot. As a proud owner of the book 'An Exultation of Larks', I love the idea of Hedwig's Parliament.

SoCar37
Bloodfire87 chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
LOL...oh I like a lot..and I am in total agreement with you on Tonks picking Hermione over Ginny...Wonderful story as usual!

Bloodfire87
alix33 chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
"she leaned against the chesterfield, and slid her hip up on the back. Grinning at the look on his face, she turned to throw her legs over the back and slid down the back and beside him with her back to him. Chuckling, Harry wrapped his arm around her and let her snuggle close to him. "Didn't you just dock Teddy an hour of timeout for doing that earlier?" "Hush, you. That was different. He came running in here like some sort of invading horde and then jumped over the back of the chesterfield. "I, on the other hand, gracefully entered the room with poise and dignity and then took my rightful place at the side of my loving husband, who is doing a credible imitation of his bookworm of a wife." Arching an eyebrow, Hermione leaned back and looked up at him." - These paragraphs made me smile.

"Snogging Harry Potter in a library has always been one of my chief ambitions in life. The fact that we own the library and I'm going to shag you senseless in a bit is just frosting on the cake." - Yay! for Hermione's actually attaining her ambitions in life. Mine have for the most part been shuffled onto my bucket list.

"Over Blaise's shoulder, I could see Gregory Goyle stumbling out of the floo." Seeing the same baffled look on her husband's face, she chuckled. "Wearing leather hot pants, a leather vest, and a studded dog collar around his neck." Silence reigned in the room for several seconds, and then Hermione began giggling at the gobsmacked look on Harry's face. "A dog collar?" Shaking his head, as if the motion could dislodge the image that his wife's description had placed in his mind, Harry started chuckling. "I always knew that Draco kept him and Crabbe on a short leash…" - EW!

"Actually, dinners at the Burrow were worse, since Molly was continually dropping not so subtle hints about you and Ron tying the knot and popping out a tidal wave of grandchildren." - EW!

"And the other will be an invitation only in the shadows group that will supplement the prefects as needed and will be something that students can turn to that is beyond petty house rivalries." "We're back to 'Junior Order of the Phoenix'." Pausing for a second, he smirked. "We could always go with 'Minerva's Marauders'." "Harry, she'd go apoplectic if you even suggested it." Trying to keep from laughing at the thought of telling their former Head of House that was their 'suggestion' for the name of the new group," - I would a) pay yearend bonus kind of good money to see Minerva go apoplectic; and b) laugh so hard I will probably come close to being apoplectic myself.

What a grand commemoration of Hedwig!

"Godmother's count too." - Godmothers count too. And I agree totally with the sentiment, even though my godmother died when I was ten. She was smashing and thought the sun shone out of my bum for the ten years I had her, though.
hpnut1 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Loved it
beege chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Seeing Harry and Hermione all domestic and content is always a treat when it's this well written, but the well deserved recognition of Harry's first (and too often forgotten) friend is the cherry on top of the whipped cream.
Dragon451 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Great story. Thank you very much.
43 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »