Reviews for The Phoenix Syndrome
thepkrmgc chapter 4 . 7/28
it seems odd for harry to keep those things secret, he never did take betrayal well
thepkrmgc chapter 3 . 7/28
teddy's a character with a lot of potential, its a shame he isnt used in more fics
thepkrmgc chapter 2 . 7/28
wizards have never been good at the whole "delegation" thing have they?
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 7/28
while theres countless fics about the beginning of a relationship, its rare to see one focused on the struggles and collapse of one in progress
s-david-m chapter 29 . 7/21
Interesting cliffhanger. Are they just going to obliviate her? Please update soon!
sunsethill chapter 29 . 7/17
The connection of Ron's obsession with chess and his behavior is quite brilliant. Things must move in ordered patterns and if they don't, make them fit so that my mind isn't tasked with figuring out real people is very believable for the Ron we see in canon. This whole story is quite brilliant and I'm very happy to have found it.
mrfresh chapter 10 . 7/13
I'm rereading the story for at least the tenth time. It's fantastic and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Karou WindStalker chapter 29 . 7/13
Fascinating story, I hope to read more. _
Vegasman59 chapter 29 . 7/1
Typical Ron, Ginny had always needed help. Her mother most likely would have done all she could to keep Ginny from talking or even thinking about first year hoping it would blow over. one of JKRs biggest plot holes.
csheila chapter 29 . 6/30
Love Poppy's backstory. Great and brutally effective takedown of Ron. Waiting to see how it works out with Ginny.

Thanks for sharing
CynthiaP chapter 29 . 6/27
Thanks for the update and continuing this wonderful story.

You're a great writer!
Fibinaci chapter 29 . 6/27
I don't have the taste for bashing that I once did, so I appreciated how you left some hope for Ginny at the end. I also thought you boiled Ron's problems down fairly well, to some sort of development disorder and a lack of ever growing up.
Valdimarian chapter 29 . 6/27
So a while back I wrote out a rant about how if you're NOT doing a Manipulative Dumbledore story then maybe he was actually TRYING to get Ginny help by sending the Weasleys to Egypt. It's a long rant, and I actually wrote it on the train, so I have it laying around to post still:

So one of the signs people point to for the Manipulator Dumbledore is that he never sent Ginerva to someone after the events of Chamber of Secrets. Another is that he never asked anyone, and the second Harry mentions Horcrux the goblins know exactly what it is. But what if Dumbles DID try?

At least one story I've read outright states that he rigged the drawing somehow, why couldn't he have done that for a GOOD reason? Sending Ginny to Bill might have been a roundabout way of asking Bill if he knew about Horcrux.

In this idea Dumbledor's plan would be something like this:
Get the Weasleys money they can't refuse
Hint until they go to Egypt (where they deal with such things)
Expect Ginny to talk to her 'favorite brother' (she says that of him several times in the series)
Bill recognizes the signs of a Horcrux and comes to Dumbldoor, either accusingly or worriedly.
If Bill DOESNT respond, obviously he doesn't know anything.

The problem is: what if Ginny didn't talk to Bill, then Dumbledoor has a false negative. since Bill doesn't react Dumbles has to assume that he knows nothing and can't help, even if he DOES know.

Granted, it's a silly plan since it relies on an adolescent girl telling her older brother about a traumatic experience, but there are a few reasons why it might be necessary.
1) if he asks someone about Horcrux who doesn't know, he risks someone nefarious finding out about them.
2) maybe the goblins DO know about them, but the subject is taboo, so getting Bill to come to him means he's not risking himself asking about something that could get him killed.
3) he might not know the name for them yet, or suspect the goblins / Egyptians have a different name for them.
4) he doesn't want to look Dark himself (an old man, approaching death, starts asking about ways to be Immortal? I'd be suspicious as all hell!)
alix33 chapter 29 . 6/27
Healer Hilfa has far more compassion for the youngest two Weasleys than I would ever have.
meja9201 chapter 29 . 6/27
Love this story, it's so great when I see that Phoenix Syndrome chapter alert. It takes me a second to parse the name then I get what I'm sure is a silly grin, grab a cup of coffee and settle in to read :-)
Thanks so much.