Reviews for The Phoenix Syndrome
bryank97 chapter 31 . 4h
What a great story, you are one of the best HHR writers out there. Hope you continue writing
AngelFirePhoenix chapter 22 . 4/21
Your time line is off in this chapter. If this all started on Sept 1, then Molly could not have been staying at the Leaky C for a month as only 18 days have passed until Mi's birthday. Enjoying the story, very much.
SnuggleKitten69 chapter 23 . 4/20
I actually cried when Hedwig's spirit stood vigil. It has been a tumultuous time for us of late, and that set of paragraphs hit a chord with my emotions.
SnuggleKitten69 chapter 21 . 4/20
I felt this was a well-written chapter. Whenever I come across a word I am unfamiliar with, I open a new tab to find its meaning. I imagine the author's notes are for the lazy amongst those reading this wonderful story.

Thank you for sharing this gift.
Silverstargirl chapter 31 . 4/20
welcome back... you're right about the ending of the chapter being a bit abrupt but knowing that it's only part one makes it easier to accept. I look forward to reading the rest.
NouvelleVoix chapter 1 . 4/20
Er, this introduction seems oddly and unnecessarily convoluted. Why exactly can Hermione's assistant not speak in a comprehensible manner? The super awkward phrasing combined with the way she danced around the subject left me more than a little confused.
MrsMorgan813 chapter 31 . 4/20
so glad you came back to this! I look forward to reading what comes next
SnuggleKitten69 chapter 19 . 4/20
I don't know who Alix33 is, but you and Dogbertcarroll speak of them quite highly.
To date, this is a wonderfully written, compelling story I will surely read more than once.
Thank you for sharing!
texan-muggle chapter 31 . 4/20
It lives!

I just read this the second time, after re-reading the preceding 30 chapters again so that it would make sense. May I assume (especially given the last line) that Chapter 32 will actually be more like Chapter 30A and bridge the gap between the meeting between Romilda, Evadne, et al, and the congregation in the infirmary?

I will be holding you to that 1 week delivery promise on Chapter 32. However, saying that it will take less time to deliver Chapter 33 than (by implication) Chapter 31 is not exactly setting the bar high, you know...

Re-reading the earlier chapters was fruitful, however...I once wrote an HP story (back in my heretical "canon-pairings" phase) that used the Moby Dick quote as a major plot device. (You won't find that story on my profile because (a) it's not Harmony, although I have occasionally considered re-writing the last few chapters in order to make it so, and (b) it's an early work and it shows)
meja9201 chapter 31 . 4/20
So good to see that you're still working on this! It's such a great read and I really love your characterizations.

Very best wishes!
diamondrose57 chapter 31 . 4/20
I'm so glad you are continuing this story! It's a really good one! I love your ideas and writing!
Bearmauls chapter 31 . 4/20
Ooh, that's a mean cliffy. Glad you let us know we're assured of the follow-up. And way to jump right into it after that stuff with Ginny too. No pleasant break for our hero and heroine, just timeskip right to the terror :P
Bearmauls chapter 27 . 4/20
I always assumed that Dumbledore had authorized the portkey, intending it to bring the champion from the maze to the winner's platform. Otherwise, why would a second touch of said cup bring Harry there post-confrontation? I assumed that fake!Moody had modified said authorized portkey with an intermediate destination. Having a generalized method of punching through wards, especially wards as powerful as Hogwarts, seems a little overpowered. Then again, magic in general in HP is crazy broken in terms of power level consistency, so it's hardly problematic from that perspective :P
Bearmauls chapter 24 . 4/20
Heh, the double agent having his cover broken by the enemy... unknowingly and accidentally. Awesome.
Bearmauls chapter 23 . 4/20
Squee! Ghostly Hedwig, so adorable.