Reviews for For the Greater Good
Brian1972 chapter 4 . 2/1
Ah man why do interesting Fics have such a tendency to get abadoned?
Tylerst chapter 3 . 1/14
Literally just pure pointless bashing of everyone / making Hermione a bitch for no real reason. Random plot points retconned from nowhere. OOC everyone without any good reason. Grammar is bad - most obviously in Ron's lines. Harry is even MORE of a pussy than in canon which is quite the feat. I'm impressed. Its like you had a check box of what not to do in a fic.
falseproffitt chapter 1 . 11/24/2014
the theme for the story is good enough but did you really have to turn them so dark. I mean you have to people who are known for there compassion and fight for others rights and you stick to that but seem to be oblivious to the fact that your Harry and Hermione are acting worse than most pure bloods.
nezrel chapter 4 . 8/5/2014
Awesome story idea, never seen anything innovative like it. Instead of melding two different universes together into crossover to make a believable story, you choose to create damn good background for all the characters involved and set them into universe where they create their own adventure.

The 'scientific' character development of Harry and Hermoine is something new and very appreciated.

My only wish is that this story would be continued and not abandoned as it.
ice chapter 4 . 7/15/2014
good story to read and wonder if there will be any new chapters for the story.
Philosophize chapter 4 . 7/15/2014
Please don't abandon...
iceland chapter 4 . 5/28/2014
good story to read and wonder what happens next.
gaul1 chapter 4 . 5/2/2014
please update.
Talon5Krrde chapter 4 . 3/7/2014
More please!
Annoy mouse chapter 4 . 3/7/2014
This is awesome! I very much love this story!

I hope Hermione and Harry equalise a little more with each other, in that Hermione should share some of the memories and knowledge with Harry, and Harry should teach Hermione some of his battle magic too. I would also like to know a bit more about the rings. Does their body evaporate if the ring is taken off? Can the rings be forcibly removed? Can the wraith-them move around and do stuff while the ring is not worn by anyone?

What of the other souls in the rings and portal thingies? Maybe they were Obliviated of all memory, personality and ego, before being sealed away?

When are Harry and Hermione going to perform the Element Zero procedure thing on each other? What will they do for a supply of the element, since they can't create it? Maybe bind it even further to themselves so that their own bodies produce it?

When will Hermione deal with Daphne, since she's reading her every thought and intention?

Will this become some sort of Harry/multi or harem? Here I am actually not sure which I prefer, since you have me liking the Hermione/Harry interaction so much. And Eve is just wonderfully excited, confused and along for the ride.

I love this! Please continue it soon!
Annoy mouse chapter 2 . 3/7/2014
The ring idea is BRILLIANT!

Absolutely wonderful, as is this story! I do hope you continue it, but this is glorious.
KrisB-71854 chapter 4 . 1/22/2014
I really like this fic. The basic idea rocks. I like the entire magical space ship idea. I'm not really sure though that I agree with a few of the things that you mentioned.

On the ship and enlargement charms. You are right that a small trunk type ship with a large expansion would be annoying running cables through the single doorway. More trouble than it's worth. That doens't mean that massive expansion charms and such aren't a good idea for other areas of the ship. Like what?

Creating a "life support" zone that basically was a large space with a day/night cycle, basic weather, and lots of plants. They might have a magical or tech means of recycling air, but just having a life support space that is rather solidly built could be a priceless back up.

It's a bit late now, but they might as well check. Potions ingredients and such. Well, plant life that they can grow under controlled conditions anyway. Magical creatures might not yet be a bust. The large and difficult to hide ones are likely gone. It's those that never needed wizards to hide in the first place that should still be around.

ExampleS? Those invisible horses for one, demguise are supposed to be the source for invisiblity cloaks, heck snitches. Not golden ones. Those have likely didn't out long ago. You know snitches that have developed some basic color changing magic to actually hide. House elves seemed to go around under invisibility or some sort of notice me not field. I'm sure that they aren't the only ones.

Another thing about expansion charms and things to include. Very large crew quarters. Most every space ship has tiny bunks or crew spaces. You should be able to make all the basic crew rooms have enough private space to stretch around and have plenty of raw space for private use.

Storage. They only were mentioned of having 10 years worth of food. They need some sort of automated contruction drone/gather so that they could break up asteriods or something for resources. That's a thought have them mine out a massive asteroid for their next ship.

Well, it seems that you were thinking scout ship. I'm thinking more along the lines of say an Eldar Craftworld. Why colonize a planet that could be found, put under seige, destoried, or easily invaded? Something like a craftworld could let them keep their population away from citadel space / threats as well as be close at hand and always guarded. I've never understood why even play the council's game? Just make a massive ship yard that turns out such worlds and I'm sure that you could damn near depopulate Earth to get humans into fresh areas of the galaxy that don't have those pesky Mass Relays.

On Gringotts, I don't think that you should have made the bank closed or the goblins vanished. Of everything that's the one piece that I think that you should have amended that the goblins forted up in their bank and haven't chosen to look out as of yet. I actually see the goblins having sense enough to have a non-magical bank with some wizard repelling wards. They might not care to contact the current pure blood magicals as they see that population as doomed. The goblins and Potter/Black account manager may be very surprised when their largest account holder showed back up. When the magical world looked to self impode, the goblins simply arranged things so that they are all working at their non magical bank that the wizards never knew about. They could actually adapt abit and have setup their own off world colony as well.

My point is that the goblins should be smart enough to survive and honorable enough to atleast check out who they detect as the strongest magicals on the planet that also match their records for their misplaced account holder. They could have grown Harry's wealth tons over the decades.

Instead they'll likely have to play Kasumi. I hope that you tone down the needless dark stuff. I don't mind them being abit ruthless or such. There wasn't really much need for the overly dark methods though. Instead of imperio, they could have talked about using complusion charms. They could have just taken pictures and provide copies to the Queen and US President with a small note. "Harry and Hermione, first magicals to land on Mars discover ancient alien outpost observing humanity. Here's a map to it." No complusions charms or imperios would be needed. Both would want and need to find out what those ruins actually represent as well as having non-magicals in space exploring rather than those crazy magicals.

Some one mentioned bringing in Luna. I agree. I'd advise reading Lightning among the Stars by Leonineus. In that one, Luna turns herself into an AI of all things. I think that just creating a cabinet or trunk with proper statis charms as well as arranging for it to be delivered to Harry and/or Hermione would be funny. I can just see Hermione's face. "Harry did you order a trunk?" "No." "It seems that we have a delivery from Luna! It has a note to open in private and try to stay out of trouble. She must mean you." When they open the trunk, Luna pops out sort of like a jack in the box with an entire magical extoic zoo with her. You wouldn't think that she would have just sent her self would you?

There is a part of me that thinks that you need to try turning this into a harem fic, but the Daphne/Hermione has along way to go before Hermione decides not to kill her out of hand. She seems over that, but she still is royally pissed at her. Daphne does seem to be going after Harry. You've made them all immortal. Harems don't really make sense for us mortal folks, but if you have really extended life spans and they can all expect to life for a few thousand years, I can see them each having several lovers/partners over the years.

Here is a question. Why haven't they talked about cloning and possessing a clones' body? It would make far more sense. Grow a brain dead clone and keep it in stasis and nearby. Arrange for an automated method of having the ring be found by an elf or drone or something and put on that clone and presto you've got your old body back.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/20/2013