Reviews for All Things Considered
mlking2015 chapter 1 . 5/5/2014
I love how you illustrated Kurt's personal growth & acceptance (while keeping true to his character!). Plus, the addition of gay/lesbian couples at the church! I'm also part of a small church that is very open on acceptance and tolerance! Plus...love! We have people from ALL different walks of life & they are truly amazing & inspiring! Your stories share those same ideals! Would love to read more of your "Coming Home" storyline! Take it easy & best wishes!
dreamer 3097 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
a good one
ktattoo chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
I am a huge fan of 'Coming Home' and check sometimes twice a day for updates since it is bookmarked on my phone. After reading the most recent chapter, I am glad you wrote and posted this.

I can relate to much of what Kurt is going through during this process. I used to teach Sunday school and lead music service in my small Southern Baptist church until my step-father found out ibwas dating another girl. I had been told to leave the church that I had called home for years. The new pastor we had gotten months before openly preached against homosexuality and my step-father threatened to out me to them if I didn't quit going to church.

Thinking back on it now, I think it was one of the best things to happen to me: living that life was a lie. I am now proud to say that I don't care about a persons gender because I love who I love. I have found a religion I am happy with and leaves me room to be myself and grow.

So go Kurt! If going back to church or going to temple with Noah helps him know and understand himself better then more power to him. Everyone needs something to believe in.

Keep up the wonderful work, because you are truly one of my favorite authors!

-ktattoo
JasonDragon64 chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
How truly lovely, Babette! I can't imagine a more perfect relationship between Kurt and Carole, and for him to finally get to know others like himself is just AMAZING! I'm becoming even angrier with RM, though... All this time, and the only gays Kurt knows are Bland and Dave Karofsky! He's not even that familiar with Rachel's dads (although I can see why not there!).

This story reminded me of the bumper sticker a Wiccan friend of mine had created several years ago... "God, Please save me from Your followers". Quite the telling remark, I should think. While I personally stand as neutral against on the God issue, I certainly would never classify myself as an atheist. Far too much that we simply do not understand just with what we do see, the unseen is far beyond comprehension. One of these chapters, I shall have to have a conversation with Kurt explaining to him that atheism is in fact a belief in God, even if it's a belief in God's nonexistence. Should be quite the diva explosion...