Reviews for Such Fragile Bonds As These
Ilse17 chapter 1 . 2/13
A very good analysis of the tow partner's state of mind. Good job !
WeAreTomorrow chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
Love your characters and hope to see more from you. Welcome, welcome, welcome :)
Twinchy chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Those were hard times for both of them because even if the inital suspicion was unfounded, from the way things looked, I can very much understand how betrayed and disappointed Peter felt - which in return really did a number on Neal, since he hadn't been the one to steal the art in the first place and therefore, pretty much found himself at the receiving end of Peter's cruisade through nothing of his own doing (at first).

Still, although the trust issue over the treasure kept standing between them, I was truly pleased that Peter manned up and apologized at the end of 'On Guard' - and am quite sure Neal appreciated that as well.
Miran Anders chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Yup, good call on both views. I like it being laid out so cleanly... one of my friends complained about one of my last fics, how Neal had really done wrong, as it were... but you can't forget Peter screaming in his face. That moment was classic, and really necessary to have this season make any sense at all...

Anencephalous chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Wow, you came back with another story fast! If this is the speed you're going to be churning out fics at, then I love you!

Okay, so, the review: I love the perspective choice again. It's spot on for the mood, getting everything across, portraying your points to us - brilliant. I felt like I was watching all the events of the beginning of season 3 on a mini cinema screen. Also great idea to have a piece from both Peter and Neal's points of view.

You describe things succinctly and to the point - there's no messing around and it makes your piece so much more striking and gives it a dark undertone which really works. You really get to the heart of the issue - the conflict of their backgrounds and old lives and habits and thus the problems they have trusting each other.

If there was one criticism I had to give on this story it would be that it closely resembles 'In the Service of a Friend' - in the setup and the air of tragedy about it. And that's probably why the response to this hasn't been as great as your first White Collar fic, because in some ways it's like reading the same thing twice. Also, your stories are quite short - this is in no way a bad thing as sometimes short and sweet works best and can definitely give more impact. However, you really do have the characters and their relationship down to a T and I would love to see you handle something with a plot as opposed to just a snapshot. You are more than capable.

Another brilliant oneshot with both characters nailed - not at all bad for being new to the fiction ;) Please, keep it up! and thanks so much for sharing! :)
Ecri chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Lovely, and, for what it's worth, I believe that Neal's anger over being wrongfully accused by Peter is definitely the reason he got so involved with Mozzie's scheme. It pushed him over the edge. The temptation to take the treasure would still have been there had Peter not made the accusation, but I think Neal would have been able to fight it off much more quickly had Peter not expressed those doubts in such vehement certainty.

Well done. I like the look into Peter's thoughts and Neal's as well. Keep writing.
xSKYLARKx chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
This story is beautiful x I love you're writing style & you're perspective on the characters... And I agree with you about Neal being an addict :D
ButtermilkCavalry chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
And once again you wrote a great character study even when I'm usually done reading stories concerning this painting anymore because they leave me with a bad feeling about Peter's and Neal's relationship.
Fab 50's chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Again this is a great scene I would agree entirely with your read on how both of them would have felt at that particular moment in time. But I think their relationship is much more complex than that and this initial reaction only lasted for a. short time at least on Neals side. I hope to read a full story from you in the near future you have their characters down so well.