Reviews for Watching
tiylaya chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Thank you for a thoughtful story. I've always thought that natural disasters - earthquakes, floods and the like - must be the hardest situations for IR to deal with. Not even the Thunderbirds can do much against them.

This was an interesting look into Jeff's head as he sees his sons so battered and hurt, and a nice window into the boys' personalities through their sleeping habits.
Xenitha chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
That's sweet. And nobody snores?
Sunny chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Great story, I really enjoyed this.
Rosa241 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Oh I love it!

Love the way you've captured all the boys personalities, they're so spot on!
Teobi chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Ooh! I'm a big fan of introspective character study, and this one looks perfect for a quiet Sunday afternoon's reading!

I also like stories where Jeff reflects on his 'boys' and how they've grown into fine young men that any father would be proud to have.

Poor Virgil always sustains the worst accidents. He's the one gets to do most of the donkey work. (At least in the TV series.) that earthquake sounds horrendous, and despite all their technological know-how, the Tracys usually discover the limits of their abilities when faced with disaster on such an enormous scale.

I love the different ways in which they all sleep. Scott, ranord straight like a regimental military man, John curled up in a chair with a book on his lap, sleeping fitfully until he realises he's no longer on duty. Virgil, under the covers like a hibernating bear with only his hair sticking out! "I want to say an earthquake wouldn't arouse him, but then bitter reminders of the rescue assault me." Sleeping soundly, even with broken ribs. Gordon, 'spread out like a row of cabbages', sprawled out into every available inch of the bed with the sheets in a mess, and Alan, curled up in the foetal position, forever destined to be the baby of the family, even in sleep.

And I love how Jeff stops by each of his sons to ruffle hair or speak a few gentle words to ease their troubled minds.

Beautiful story, Peanut, and very much suited to the quiet mood I'm in today.

Thanks for sharing!

T x
JoTracy123 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Loved it and I love your one shots. Well done you xx