Reviews for A Secret Doubt
deaka chapter 1 . 1/21
Came across this by accident and I'm glad I did! What a wonderful AU. The word-pictures of the characters are so beautiful, so perfect, so poignant. Well done!
Atlasina7 chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
I love your Sherlock stories-you write the characters so well.
Coriander Tea chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
This is a magnificently moving piece of writing. Well done.
magialuna chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
This was really wonderful. I am curious, what was Smiley referring to when he talked to Sherlock?

I love how you pulled series canon together with the created back story-lovely reason for him to be shooting at a "Smiley" face.

In my head canon Sherlock had a lonely childhood. I really like how you portrayed that.

Clare
Ash-Varnei chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Ever since I saw TTSS I've been looking for a crossover - this was brilliant.
A Person chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
That's actually pretty amazing; and yes, we should have a Tinker Tailor Section. This manages to be a biographic in only a few paragraphs and really gets to the heart of Peter Guillam (in the films at least). We don't learn much about him in the film, save for the heartbreaking scene of him leaving his partner so this gets to the heart of the character really well. It also blends two fictional Universes together really well which - we all know - is a hard thing to do. By portraying Sherlock's younger years you get to the "human element" of Sherlock which, though isn't apparent in the tv series, is definitely there. Guillam's a likeable character and the way he treats Sherlock really develops the sense of the way in which he would shape Sherlock's life. He's a really nice yet tragic character. Well done on the characterisation there! Also, the ethical issue that runs behind this text is treated carefully yet sends out the message that, yes, homophobia is wrong. And yes, many people in previous years have lost their lives to homophobic discrimination. The way in which many gay people feel that they have to hide their inner self was heartbreakingly projected in Guillam's character. It's so sad. The way in which you've drawn parallels between the characters is very impressive. Mycroft is like Smiley; professional, intelligent, yet cold and clinical. Alternatively, Sherlock is like Guillam; secretive, complex, passionate about their roles and, ultimately, tragic. Whilst Smiley has affected Mycroft more, Guillam has affected Sherlock.

We also see the motivation behind Sherlock's sacrifice more clearly. Peter has instilled these values of loyalty into Sherlock and showed the same loyalty in risking everything for Smiley (in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy) as Sherlock does for Watson and the crew in the Fall. So yes - complex, ethical and heart breaking. It lays out story lines and reasoning that affect both fictional universes.
reincarnatedwitch chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Firstly; A Tinker Tailor crossover? Let me love you.

Secondly; I loved this! It was so sad, and i felt so involved that at some points i began to feel a little nostalgic. That being said, i laughed at some parts as well. My favourite being this:

Sherlock folds his arms. "I hate you."

"Well, I'm not overwhelmed with positive feelings for you at this precise moment in time either, brother dear," his brother replies lightly. "Go away now."

Again, you've proved you're awesome. I love this X3
BadWolf18 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
This is so wonderfully sad and clever, well done!