Reviews for Variations
Grimm'sGirl chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
I was going to comment about the alternate ending I liked the most, but they're all so good! Guess I'll just have to go with all of the above. Amazing story.
The-Sun-Princess chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
mmf, I like these.
Ladii Emelia chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
I enjoyed this, especially scenarios 3 and 4.
Bonnie5572 chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
I think my favorite was number two, but they were all really neat and I'd love to see them as stories. Any chance of that? Thanks!
vickyloka chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
Man! That was an wonderful idea! O.O

I mean... I loved each version you made... All of them. Belle becoming cursed after kissing him, the kiss simply not working... awesome!

But of course, my two favorites were the ones where everything went well. First one where he saves her is beatiful and the fourth one with them making a deal is just perfect!

Loved it! Really did! Congrats!
noamg chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Wonderful, I'm off to read more of your stories.
Lmb111514 chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
These were great, I loved them.:)
orientalbunny chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
Oh this is so brilliant and well written, i just love it all, especially all the different aspects, just love it all to bits!
SofineSophia chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
Wow! The once upon a time writers need to read this and put it into action! In a different way for each I loved all of them! You're a very great writer :D
LA Knight chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Hello, Seren23. I'm fairly new to the Rumbelle world (I actually wasn't much interested in Once Upon a Time fanfiction once Graham died until I saw "Skin Deep" a few days ago) but your summary caught my eye and I was like, "Eek!" Then I read this piece and was like, "Double-eek!" It's amazing. Just thought you should absolutely know that. It rocks my socks. It's phenomenal. How come you only have 1 Rumbelle fic? *sadness*

Now, as to what specifically I adore about it that makes me so happy.

Part one.

Rumpelstiltskin, the Dark One, the evil one, the horror and the demon, comes to fight for his love. That is just amazing. That's sooooo romantic, but not in the sappy rom-com way. More like the Prince Charming kind of way.

And those clerics are so stupid. First they try to hurt Belle for doing a good thing (morons), and then they think their pitiful little relics can save them from Rumpelstiltskin's wrath.

I like that his gaze "flickers" over her - just a brief glance for him to see that she's not dead, not broken beyond repair, not about to faint, not bleeding to death... but she's hurt, and that makes him sooooo angry. And then when she shakes her head, we see who holds the Beast's leash, at least in this moment. And he's holding her up! And she's clinging to him! It's like they're a normal couple almost! Awwwww!

"...as she is unsure of her legs.." I think there should only be one period at the end right there.

I love their banter. Perfect way to lighten the tension a little bit. "I rather wanted to save myself." "Well, I can leave if you want." "Nah, you're here now."

Quick question - does no one try to stop them as they leave? Or does he snap his fingers and turn them into roses, too? XD

And a happy ending! Yay!

Part two.

WHAT? She turns into a Dark One? Or is it that the kiss transfers some of his curse to her? Just a smidge?

"There is a burning underneath her skin and a gnarling in her mind." I like your use of the word "gnarling" because it makes me think of thread and string and stuff. And since this is Rumpelstiltskin's curse we're talking about, well... it totally works.

"Belle feels something wicked and strong prickle in her mind..." This actually makes me think of spindles. Like, thought-spindles. Sorry if I'm not making any sense. I'm sick and my steam is low. I'm trying to make sense, though. )

Part three.

"Nothing has happened, apart from the surge of energy and fire threading through her veins at the feel of his lips moving against hers." Have I ever told you how much I adore first kisses that are chaste and have no tongue-action, it's all lips and softness and sweet, but there's still that heat and sizzle to them? You just did that. I love it. I'm favoriting this. Thank you!

And another kiss! Yes! Has tongue in it, sigh, which saddens me because I love it when it's drawn out and each touch and sight and glance and breath is a torture, but... since this is really short and a one-shot, it's okay. Oh, I love his smell. I love that his mouth is gentle even though he's got those dagger-teeth. I love that he tastes sweet to her and that she doesn't even notice his teeth. I love that!

Gotta ask - why does he think it's okay to just get her on the floor right then and there? Just curious. Although you write it well, with his clever nimble fingers (of course, he's a spinner, so makes good sense) and the fact that she's spinning and he's spinning her. May I make a suggestion? If you ever plan on editing this, I mean. Perhaps mention something about gold near the end of the spinning. You carry through very well with the spinning metaphor, but it would be stronger if you finished it off with something about gold, given who we're talking about.

Kudos on knowing the word "piqued."

Part four.

Oh, I love how he can't look at her, because that says so much, and I also love how she can't look away. That says an awful lot as well.

"Belle feels a surge of power upon hearing the endearment." Yes! Yes! Love is awesome! Love is empowering! Love rocks! Unless it's lost or broken. Then it sucks. But in this instance, it rocks!

"...letting her hand slide through the circle of his fingers." Eeeepies! This is so romantic and cute and I don't even know why but it is, it rocks, it's got this electric potential. You could take this one line and build an entire new scenario with it and it would be EPIC. *ahem* Just saying.

Oooh, use of the word "entwines." Love that. Especially since there's a novel called Entwined, a fairy tale adaptation (though for the 12 dancing princesses, but who cares?).

Part five.

I like the hollow of a tree thing. Very fairy-tale-esque.

Awwww! She doesn't resist out of love, but stubbornness. I don't like that. I mean, it works and it's well written. Don't get me wrong. It's working. It's just, my inner-romantic is saddened. Meh. Sad now. Me sad now.

... what do you mean, that is another story? WHAT? Seren, you can't DO that to people! Have you *written* this other story, or is it fermenting in your head, far and away where only you can enjoy it? You will post it, won't you? You will write it, won't you? You won't leave your fans to lament and sigh and be sad, will you? You wouldn't do that... would you?

Or is this supposed to be a lead-in to whatever happens on the show?

I'm favoriting, if I haven't already.

Sincerely,

LA Knight
Child of Loki chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
My first reaction to the Beauty and the Beast episode was 'seriously?' It seemed so lame and forced a concept, but damn well if it wasn't one of the best episodes so far. Should've figured, Robert Carlyle, right? Even with the cheesy aspects, such as that horribly falsetto laugh, he pulls it off.

Ahem. Anyway, lovely 'variations' on the Once Upon a Time's variation. Concise but substantial. Tightly, well-written (as always).
Rachel452 chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Dah! This is genius! I am so glad you wrote this and I read it! Srsly, genius!
Morbid DramaQueen10 chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Very nice, I hope to see more from you.
Yu-Gi-Ah 2.0 chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
I love the idea for this cause every story is specially fairy tales have different endings and ways of telling them so this was just tons of fun to read. _ I do hope you'll write more...

BYE BYE!
snowflakes849 chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Wonderful! I especially liked the second variation. Are you thinking of taking any of these and writing more? I would love to read any and all if you do!