Reviews for put down your sword and crown
the boulevard chapter 3 . 4/16/2014
I love Kol. We all love kol!...
I think...
the boulevard chapter 2 . 4/16/2014
I wish I could write like this. Then my life would be kick ass.
the boulevard chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
This is my fourth time reading this.
All I have to say is that this is one of the best pieces of literary justice I have ever read. If I was to loose my glasses and become almost blind again, at least I have read this.
wontyoutakeachance chapter 11 . 3/4/2014
MY TEARS FILL THE OCEANS AND MY SOBS ARE WRECKING THE SKY LIKE THUNDER THIS IS NOT OKAY I AM NOT OKAY
GoldenRoza chapter 11 . 2/24/2014
This story is so amazing just seriously amazing and wow... I think I'm still in shock to be honest I just discovered this story while browsing fanfiction... yeah I have no life; anyway, I loved reading this so much so thank for not deleting it or whatever and for being such an amazing writer:)
EpicFantasyStories chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
Okay I dont ever remeber learning how to drive to be THAT hard lol. But rebekahs comment on how they're already dead was pretty funny.
natalie chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
kills me everytime. you are all the talent. and I know it wouldn't work and the bittersweet open ending works ... but could you consider a crack/fluff sequel where they come back?
incrediduck chapter 11 . 2/16/2014
This story is absolutely amazing and it's just crazy to think of how mind-bogglingly cute and full of good-ol Mikealson intimidation it is. Honestly, the sheer amount of detail (the differences in the dancing! the stopping of cars for squirrels! the tying in of the beginning and the end and making me cry!) is incredible. But I think what I like the most is the major family bonding sess and the fact that the Original family got to be happy and rekindle all these old relationships and make new ones and turn me into a feels mess.
Thank you for writing one of my all-time favorite fics ever 3
AA121 chapter 11 . 1/17/2014
I like this ending. It's frustrating but I can imagine that they go for a drive, end up at prom, and the originals are all there waiting for them. or maybe not then, 50 years later, somewhere.
AA121 chapter 10 . 1/17/2014
That scene when Klaus and Caroline finally ... I mean ... it is the most perfect ... yes
justaspark chapter 10 . 1/14/2014
I'm sorry, but I had to follow up because I cannot believe I forgot to mention this in my completely incoherent and rather long-winded initial review/rant but... BLESS you for the magic that was Damon/KOL (Kamon? Dol?) because I never know I needed that bromance until you gave it to us. It honest to god just gives me SO much life. So thank you, again! xx
justaspark chapter 11 . 1/14/2014
Oh man where do I start? I just...can..not with this whole story. I mean, the Klaroline- the klaroline dammit! And Matt, getting all this money at the end because he really deserves something for everything he's been through and jaysus, KOL- my precious king- I could not handle his everything: his wonderful sentimentality and just, seamless slide back into the young boy he once was, back when they were all human and his Rebecca (GOD Rebecca), with her flashbacks and warm honey memories and how everyone just dotes on her and loves her so so ...SO. And that Klefan scene where Klaus talks of tearing down the house and oh, how they used to be such friends way back when, in another life, and now here they are, with one fading so quickly and Stefan so quiet because he's finding it too hard to imagine a time when they are no longer an OT.

And then life, for everyone, just- moving on. As it always does.

Fuck FUCK this story just hurts so good. So bittersweet and lovely and just, THANK YOU for this, for conceiving and for finishing it. It was well, well worth the wait. xx
TheWolfWithinMe chapter 11 . 1/14/2014
This is so beautifully written. Wow. Thank you. I really, really enjoyed it. You even made me like Elena. :)
nina.eden chapter 11 . 1/13/2014
oh dear, this is tragic. what makes it even more so is that there's never a note of finality in it - that kind of 'i love you' that encapsulates everything. i don't suppose you'll write a sequel (in fact, i hope you don't) because there's something complete about this throughly incomplete story, and i mean that in the nicest way i can. it's too raw, it's too cynical, and it's far too depressing and my heart is shattered and my mind is reeling and i'm a little upset. but i'm also intrigued and even though it kind of breaks my heart to say it, this is probably how things would've have gone (relationship wise) had Esther had her way. how morbid, eh?
fleshandbonetelephoneleftyoooo chapter 11 . 1/11/2014
Hannah, Hannah, Hannah - we have a lot to talk about. Our obsession with existential-crisis roadtrips is clearly one of the things we should talk about years down the line, but right now I need to ask you how many virgins you have been sacrificing to satan to make you so high on writing-talent that you think it's okay to murder your readers with it.

I have been waiting for this update for a thousand years, omg. When it came out I heard it coming down from the rooftops of tumblr, the manic weeping of several readers, and I was like, no. Hannah killed the dog. She probably killed the dog. I CANNOT SURVIVE THAT SHIT.

So I put it off, as I put off most of things bound to cause me psychological trauma for as long as I could, until today I was like...fuck it. LET'S GO.

So I read it.

Hannah, everything has come full circle. Beginning to end. It started with a ball, it started with a car (btw that tidbit with stebekah, stefan driving down the road alongside pedestrian Rebekah like a creep was so perfect. Because that's how it starts, and they end it with him kissing her, like a boy out of one of Klaus's paintings. Her offer for him to leave with her, which he doesn't take, because isn't that how their story always goes?), and it finishes with both. You started off with a ball, and the way you wrote it felt so wonderfully intimate (I know you mentioned that Mrs. Lockwood was there but) I hardly noticed that there were people, which is so fantastic, it felt like the only ones there were the ones who mattered (the Mystic Falls gang) and it all felt so secret and sweet. Rebekah's interactions with Elena are so perfect, her bitterness and betrayal and how she sort of feels Elena always gets the last say when it's really just Elena trying her hardest, trying to save everybody. And there's a sort of defeated reconciling here about that, isn't it? Rebekah in gold, and Elena in black. So realistic, so sentimental!

I looooove all the characters here. Elena's still planning to the end (meddling, that wonderful ho) and she DOES get the last say, I think (if SHE'S or if it was Stefan - somehow it was still HER brain and will propelling it into actuality - the one who planted the vials) and I love how open ended you left it, like maybe they took it, maybe they didn't, maybe it worked? we'll see.

You write Elena so perfectly, you make her relateable. This is the Elena of old I used to love so madly, and how do you write her? I really wanna know! I love how she's still pushing and Caroline's like don't. It's okay. When Caroline says "even if it hurts me." I sort of cried a little, ONLY A LITTLE. I AM A CAESAR. I HAVE NO USE FOR TEARS.

Okay, I cried a lot. I mean what else can they do? It's peaceful, it's better to let them go as a family. When Klaus skips town and then talks to Caroline on the phone it was so bitter-sweet. Ughhhh. Hannah you are evil. You write everything so your readers feel the characters acutely, feel exactly what they feel. Caroline doesn't say I love you. Klaus knows. And it doesn't matter. Which EXCUSE ME WHILE I THROW MYSELF OFF A CLIFF.

I love the fact that Rebekah gets her perfect ball, that Caroline helps her dress up, for Rebekah to feel so happy and light until Elena's appearance proverbially (and briefly) take a minor shit on it.

I know I love Caroline a lot but how you wrote Elena for me really moved me too. Because Elena's trying, it's all she can do. Sexing Elijah in the woods, and all that jazz. The blood vials, and how it hits Rebekah in the face suddenly that Elena kind of carries saving people as a great duty, it's something she has to do. It was such a sympathetic, powerful interaction.

Also, you are a queen for describing the difference between how Elejah and Klaroline dance together? Your writing is so full of tiny details that just make everything so perfect.

AND YESSSSSSSSSS MATT GETS THE MONEHHH. AWW YEAH. HANNAH, WANNA KISS YOU FOR PUTTING IN THAT FAIRYTALE ENDING IN. SO PERFF.

Amelia broke my heart, Stefan and Caroline broke my heart. Damon made me laugh so much I almost cried, your dialogue is perfect as always. How do you manage to be so melancholy and funny and write the most defeated people ever at the same time? HANNAH HOW DO YOU DO IT.

WHERE TF DO YOU GET YO SNARK FROM?

THERE ARE A BILLION THINGS I COULD SAY ABOUT THIS FIC. A PARAGRAPH I COULD WRITE FOR EVERY SENTENCE. A WHOLE TOME OF FANGIRLING.

All I can say Hannah is that this is like my all time - ALL TIME! - favourite fic in the world. It's this sort of writing that just motivates me into doing more with my life, and believing that writing is a very powerful thing. It may be a fanfic but this story has touched a lot of hearts (When you ordered me the extra cheese was never optional) and touched mine a whole lot too. I met you when you were first writing this fic and you can really tell how it grew with you and you with it, and I just want to say fantastic job. Fantastic.

A lot of people will be coming back to this again and again, never stop writing, ever.

Love you,