Reviews for Waiting for the Rain
LilyAceThompson17 chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
Wow... short, but so deep. I definitely enjoyed reading this.

I enjoyed and loved this very much.
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Bravo, bravo. You clearly haven't lost your touch with these stories, and I really enjoyed reading it. I'd say it's quite believable that Kent would wonder a bit about what his future with Lyn might hold. I thought the rain falling on them was also an excellent way to capture the rain falling on both of them. I realize that may not make much sense, but their own fears are very much rain in their lives, and the symbolism is just perfect.

I also thought that you did an excellent job portraying their fears. You don't really think about it, but this would be difficult for the both of them. Kent has always been her knight, and the idea of being more probably isn't easy. And of course Lyn, I think she would wonder if he really did want to leave with her. After all, he's leaving everything he knows for her. That's quite a lot to sacrifice for love.

Well done.
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Aww I really like this!

It was very short but I think it's just the perfect length. Symbolically and stuff. They're doubting but it's just a moment of doubt, something that happens to everybody, and then they get over it and move on. It's all very quick.

[and that both of them will stay out of a fear of loneliness.] This, too, is a really interesting idea. (You always do that! You make me think of things I didn't think about before, even for characters we've read/written OVER NINE THOUSAND times.) It's very reasonable, really-even if one of them had changed their mind after a few months, I feel like the only thing worse than staying would be leaving to go back to Caelin or someplace new, after all that it took to leave in the first place.

Good job, Manna!

Sparkles and swordfights (that's how I'm supposed to sign things from now on...the team is making me),

Kender
RawkHawk2.0 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
I like this piece. It sums everything up so nicely, and it really shows that it wasn't an easy choice for Kent. I like it.

Best Regards,