Reviews for Moonbeams and Meetings
Guest chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Review given.

Also, good story. Nice to see things in a different perspective.
sheislois chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
So many thoughts on this one, I'll try to be organized but pardon me if it's not.

I don't know why it took me this long to realize this - it was so obvious! While your stories explore the relationship between Minako and Rei, they are very Rei-centric (how long have I been reading your stories? gosh, I do feel quite stupid). This is perhaps why I've always drawn comfort for your stories, as Rei has always been my favorite character though I revere her much more than the word "fan" would indicate. She's been a great inspiration. But there's a problem with approaching any sort of figure with this type of admiration; it can be dangerous. Expecting myself to behave as her, share similar reactions, it creates a painful distance between the ideal self and actual self. At times it's depressing and potentially destructive. This is why I enjoy reading your interpretation of her. It's absolutely fascinating witnessing you humanize this otherwise perfect being.

For instance, details such as Rei looking forward to homework and studying, then cursing on the roof -had to process these. While reading, I paused. I recalled Rei and then re-read. I contemplated what it added to her character if I accepted these details. The first increased that sense of loneliness that had always surrounded her, only applying it to a young girl. Imagining that version of her, one that's so vulnerable as opposed to the older Rei, the one I had always known as being so aloof and accepting towards her isolation, was difficult. Like so many times in your stories, she came to life for me. I felt her pain and didn't read any more until I had come to terms with the implications of this new knowledge. In that moment the way I viewed her slightly changed.

When reading, I also become aware of which version of her I prefer. Certainly the anime (the dub's interpretation of her, at that) is what made me love her. But after seeing PGSM, and adopting your fiction to my headcanon, all other versions pale in comparison. She's not real enough, at least not real enough for me to justify such an attachment to a fictional character. And then I'm left wondering... how has one person changed the way I view my favorite fictional character, and changed the way I view myself in the process? You're quite amazing.

Now for all the other thoughts are probably irrelevant after that obnoxiously introspective rant...

Mystra32 mentioned they were under the impression that Rei was caring for the ravens for some time before the fall. I was also under this impression and I think the story would read better if the timeline was slightly altered. Since Rei was never able to feed the birds before, it created a secondary tension that was more prominent it should have been. I knew the fall was coming, but the whole time I kept thinking, "OH GOD PLEASE SOMEONE FEED THOSE POOR BIRDS!" Also, we're very used to seeing this version of Rei escaping into the comfort of a routine. It's all she has until she turns 14 or 15. It would be a reinforcement of her character to show Rei adding her care for the birds into her routine, instead of teasing it as you did here. Though, as you may have determined from my rant earlier, you are pretty much god in my PGSM-verse so I respect your decisions as a writer.

One other detail that seemed off... archery. I cannot, can not, imagine tiny little Rei holding a bow. Even with a smaller bow the draw weight would be too much for a child's body. It just doesn't seem logical that her inherited prowess could override her physical inability to support such a mechanism. I can almost accept it if she didn't make the targets. Though, I could totally see a slightly older Rei, one closer to puberty, discovering her archery skills.

And on the topic of a tiny little Rei, I spent an unbelievable amount of time trying to visualize an eight year old Keiko Kitagawa in miko robes. Thought you should know.

Ok. I'm done. Sorry if this review seemed excessive and/or insulting. Again, I respect you as a writer. I hope my words have not caused any agitation.
Sailor Doc chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Wonderfully thought out and executed!

Another great effort, and I am so glad to see you back in the game. You have a knack for being able to show us whats going on inside Rei's head that is a delight to read, so...

Please! Delight me some more! _

Sailor Doc
hanyou chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
ADORABLE. Phobos and Deimos are such an underrated aspect of Rei's life, so I'm happy to see them get some love here. This might just have to become part of my headcanon.

(Welcome back, by the way! Good to see an update from you.)
LusciousLife chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
THANK GOD. Can I just say that I love all

your sailor moon fics-your Rei and Minako are by far my favourite! And usually I really don't care for stories

like this but I ADORE this story! It was so beautiful and I love how all your stories intertwine and having read them all gives an extra insight into the story. It gives an added layer of enjoyment that makes reading your work amazing! I can't even tell you how many times I've read your works and they never get tiresome! Thank you so much for another incredible story! Which reminds me, I need to go back and review all of them! Wonderful story, thank you for this gift of a fic!
Mystra32 chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Nice. Its kind of fun to read this one from Rei's perspective, although I had gotten the impression from "Learning Risa's Song" that she'd been taking care of Phobos and Demos for a bit longer before she fell out of the tree. Also, out of curiosity, why the distinction of Ravens over crows? I didn't use them for mine because I wasn't sure Ravens were native to Japan, but I know there is a large species of crow that lives there.
Daniel Wesley Rydell chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Hm. I've been holding off on reading this one, but allow me to note? You have impeccable timing. I was thinking about you, and then there you were!

I like this story, though there's... hm. Something, I suppose, sporadic about it. It all makes sense and works together, but perhaps there's something to be done about its flow? As I said, I enjoy the story, and now we know why the branch got cut and why she fell from that tree. We know where Phobos and Deimos came from, though did she get some kind of telepathic thought from them? Was this the first occurrence of her psychicness?

Not every story has to involve Minako, and I'm glad she wasn't in this, though, perhaps in an upcoming story (I know how you write whatever comes to mind, so I wouldn't say the next one) but you could write a story from Minako's childhood?

Anyway, it's great seeing you around these parts again, and look forward to seeing more from you!

dwr
youte chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Hey! Welcome back!

That was a cute story! Little Rei is so sweet, even when she's sad. Such a sulking child!

It's great to read your words again. Well, your PGSM words, because I've been reading your blog, too. I'm glad that you're apparently enjoying your stay in Korea! It seems to be a great country!

Hope to read more stories from you soon! (But I'd understand if you simply didn't have the time!)

Have a great week,

Y.
Honulicious chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Gemna! welcome back! and here i thought you were suppose to help update chrono's stories...

anyway korean girl, this was a very nice update or prequel. i loved it...especially the risa and rei part in the hospital. i think that is a very fitting way for risa to go and i hope rei understood that when she was older. it was really sad to read rei being teased and bullied...i wanted mina to pop in somewhere...

the raven story is pretty cool! those are rei's first best friends ;P

so are your next updates about how rei and mina meet? hmm after reading this i wanna read all the other sequels again ;P
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 2/19/2012