Reviews for The Bat's Demon
Guest chapter 8 . 5/21/2014
Love it!
KK chapter 8 . 5/5/2014
Not that I don't like seeing what Robin and the team could do I can't help noticing a bit of a plot hole between the latest couple of chapters and earlier. Ra's and Talia were positively nice to Dick at the beginning. If they were only going to keep him for long enough for Batman to come they wouldn't have gone into the trouble of feeding, him making a room up just for him providing him homework and entertainment, training with him, the nicknames (except to bug him) and buying all new gymnastic equipment?
If they are just going to drug him and let him go after an oath from Batman why go through all this trouble. That doesn't make sense unless they were planning on keeping him with them while Batman was being controlled to ensure that they had a quick method of controlling Bruce if he slipped in the field and seemed to be trying to get Dick comfortable for the long haul, after all if they have Dick then no matter what happens Bruce will follow, if say Dick grows up away from them and becomes a threat then they have problems unless they kill him in which time they will loose Bruce's loyalty without mind control.
KaliAnn chapter 8 . 5/5/2014
I really like how well Robin is handling this outside when inside he's ready to shatter
FishInAFadora chapter 8 . 5/5/2014
i really hope that the team can get batman out of this mess before ra's makes him ruin his hero good guy reputation beyond repair. awesome update and cant wait for the next one. happy writing!
weehoodle chapter 8 . 5/5/2014
Yay! Update sooooon! I absolutely LOOOOOVE THIS BOOOK! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
cocopops1995 chapter 7 . 4/25/2014
Omw this is really cool... though from your previous author's notes and the fact that this hasn't been updated since January I have deduced that I'm gonna have to wait a while for the next update...
Laude Dei chapter 7 . 4/1/2014
MORE!
TrisakAminawn chapter 3 . 1/24/2014
-_- Yes, Romany and Romanian are very, very different, although the Romanian dialect of the Romany language has a *lot* of loan words.

On the other hand, the English dialect is a creole now; Angloromani abandoned all the inflected forms that expressed various grammatical cases, so a sentence in Angloromani is a bunch of Romany words set in a framework of English prepositions etc. It's actually more disconcerting for an English speaker than if the speaker started speaking a wholly unfamiliar language; kind of a Jabberwocky effect. English got some words from the Rom, of course, like 'chav' and 'lollipop.' Exactly how much Romany blood Dick carries and from which side is always a little vague, but with a name like 'Grayson' and what we know of the family history, there's a good chance it's by way of England.

Using Romanian to stand in for the Rom always bothers me; it's true it's hard to get more than isolated phrases online, especially to try to touch the grammar, *especially* if you want any consistency about what dialect you're using, I know. I once spent three hours trying to establish a Romany word for 'bat.' The Angloromani project site and the Googlebooks preview of the Kalderash dictionary can be handy for vocab.

But there are plenty of ways to represent 'person speaking in X language' without knowing the language, especially in text. I mean, you wrote the Arabic in Arabic script, meaning anyone who doesn't know Arabic got meaningless squiggles rather than sounds, so it's not like you're exactly replicating the experience of hearing the characters' actual speech.

Well, anyway, team is worried and Ra's is an unmitigated ass.

Why does he think this is an operational plan? If he forces Batman to take up the role of 'successor,' assuming Bruce actually outlives the old demon, he has no way of ensuring that he'll actually follow his agenda, if he doesn't owe him anything. Is he planning to break the Bat over the next several years? Come on, *best-case* scenario here for R'as is a Darth Vader outcome, where he winds up with a seething mass of undirected rage in a black cape, that will turn on him the first chance he gets. And Batman has a much stronger will than Anakin Skywalker and less ambiguity about his enemy's intentions, so dominating him even that much doesn't seem likely. Hmmmm.

Personally my favorite is how in the Kingdom Come continuity Damian ibn al Xu'ffasch ultimately succeeded Ra's and bent the Shadows to humanitarian ends, because he'd been in secret conspiracy with his father to not be evil. T-T Dami only made it into the main continuity because of an Elseworld where he was an adult, but now he never gets to grow up! How is that fair?!

So this is utterly rambling and has probably insufficient amounts to do with your actual story. Sorry.
JesusisAlive2033 chapter 7 . 1/11/2014
Please update! I can't take the suspense!
KaliAnn chapter 7 . 1/6/2014
Whoa exciting! I thought you would keep Robin under their control to better ensure Batman's obedience
JesusisAlive2033 chapter 6 . 10/2/2013
Hurry and update!
Anonymous chapter 6 . 9/25/2013
Keep going! This is great!
Ahhh! No, Batman! But notice, he said 'Batman', not 'Bruce Wayne', so...technically, only Batman is under the authority of Ra's al Ghul.
Hmmmm...
guest chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
Wow this was amazing can you continue cus I kinda want to see what happens after he 'swears' his legance to ra's please
JakeFL chapter 6 . 9/24/2013
"Ra's al Ghul's plans would not fail this time."

Well, that was the kiss of death. Now there's no other option for Ra's BUT for this to go horribly, horribly wrong. It's the rule of the jinx.

That, and the fact that he stupidly let the Team go, which means they're gonna leave (or not), send an immediately S.O.S. to the Watchtower, and it'll be all hands on deck. Ra's may be good, but even he can't take on all 16 members of the JL by himself.
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 6 . 9/17/2013
OH MY GLOB. I had to re-read past chapters but it's sooo worth it. And hey, no prob man, I also have school to deal with. All that walking 'round campus in this dam summer weather is pretty heavy down here in California. Anyway, thanks for updating even though you must be super busy. I know from personal experience what it is to balance hobby-writing and social life (aka school).

So anyway, have fun and remember not to stress too much. Everything works out in the end! So hey, see you on your next update :)