Reviews for Closely Distant
DeathOrchard chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
Awwwww :) Helga left Arnold with some hope for the future!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Is that a promise for things to come? O.o :D
littlelionalex chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Aw, little bashful Arnold. d:

I love how Helga is so all-knowing and mature.

Thank you for this little bit of cuteness, I can't wait for more AxH stuff!
Bunny7433 chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
Great one shot, though I wish it would become a full story. I like this idea of Arnold and Helga being different ages. Very cute idea. I'm amazed Arnold even talks to Helga under the circumstances...however, it leads me to wonder how they met since they are different ages.

Horse to hoping this one shot turns to something more!

Bunny7433
J'aime ma vie chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Hey, sorry about reviewing this so late.

I have to say that playing around with age differences is so fun and a really good introspective on the characters. A few I've come across include a fourth-grade Helga crushing on her elementary school teacher Mr. Shortman/Arnold is a hot university professor to the college student Helga/the most interesting - one where Helga is 40 and Arnold is 20.

Anyway, I like that you kept Arnold the same age in the series and had him be the one to have the unreciprocated feelings this time around. I also LOVED how you didn't make Helga super pretty and gorgeous because EVERYONE does that. Instead, you kept her looks REAL (the overbite, the unibrow) and that made the story much more authentic and true to Arnold's persona. It also makes perfect sense that Helga is older than Arnold in this universe because her personality is more cynical and he's more idealistic and optimistic about things. Their ages here only brings that out.

Bravo, my dear! xoxo
desired-hanyou-aly chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
That sounds like it would be a great fanfic to read. I love this a lot! Keep it going please, I would love to read more.
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Haha, this is such a funny yet cute idea, with Arnold having the crush on an OLDER teenaged Helga! It's funny since we see him crush on older girls several times in the series, but the thought of Helga being older than him and him having the crush on here is just...funny. Here it even kind of reminds me of Anakin and Padme from the Star Wars prequels, because their age difference is similar to the one here, and they were about that age when they first met. I can see that, at those ages and with that difference, it really IS a big difference, especially since it seems more like the kid with a crush has just a silly little crush on an older girl and for small and maybe easy reasons.

But yet, it isn't that way with Arnold. You say all of the very things he likes about Helga, which we all know he would feel the same way about her in the regular universe of the show. I bet that Helga might think a kid that much younger than her would be creeped out initially and see him as nothing more than a cute little kid, or even like a brother. But hey, when Anakin and Padme were finally grown up, she was the one who had to adjust more to the fact that he had changed...and she ended up falling in love with him. So who's to say Arnold and Helga's relationship won't blossom into something more when they are older?

Cute idea here, Cass. :)
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Great one shot here.

Keep the good writing
SweetLemon chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
this one shot really made my day! I love it and I must say I am really happy with your work as a writter and it makes my day reading your stories :) I hope you always write more because sincerly I think you got me addicted to your stories :) Hope you write more because I want to read more! oh and I think you should make a long story about this one shot or atleast a sequel_~ I love it and please keep writting

sincerly,

SweetLemon
TippyToe Zombie chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
NintendoGal is back with another great Hey Arnold Fanfic! Yay!

I am the TippyToe Zombie

I like to Limbo

Often I fall on people's heads.
Kimmiko T chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
I love this story!

Thanx
NewSlove chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
lol i like this oneshot...actually wish you wrote more! really loving it!