Reviews for New Game, New Pain
NOT ASINGLE WORD WAS SAID
NO FINAL KISS
TO SEAL ANYTHING

-Adele
Even Adele cries for this song. I am sad. I hope you are there.
Jayle chapter 5 . 1/7/2014
Please update soon! I understand that you're probably very busy and may have forgotten about this story. But you can't just leave me hanging! I NEED SOME HURT/COMFORT BETWEEN JOHN AND SHERLOCK. PLEASE. I AM DYING.
helenamaimi chapter 5 . 9/28/2013
Cool
ilovwinning chapter 5 . 8/24/2013
More please.
sherlockian88 chapter 5 . 8/19/2013
I have to wait? :(
Lizzie1498 chapter 5 . 6/1/2013
-_-.. You are going to make me wait...seriously?
Lizzie1498 chapter 3 . 6/1/2013
Wow, horrifying...That made me cry...
WhoStoleMySpaceBar chapter 5 . 1/13/2013
More please! I love this story so don't leave your fans waiting lol. Poor Johnny. My heart aches so bad for him. And Sherlock too! They've got a long road to recovery ahead!
Guest chapter 5 . 1/12/2013
Wtf taking you so long? Update! Now!
XxleanaxX chapter 5 . 1/3/2013
Deep, Truly. Awaiting the Next Chapter. You've got Great Talent!
Raychaell Dionzeros chapter 5 . 11/27/2012
I love this!
zealousfreak27 chapter 5 . 7/28/2012
Thank god they got out okay. This has been very depressing and so I am waiting for the comfort end of the stick.
aaa chapter 5 . 5/14/2012
I loved this fic so much! It's such painful though.

Please update soon! I really wanna see John heal and get over this horrible torture memory with sherlock's help,perhaps love.

Sorry if there's anything wrong with my English. I'm not native speaker of English you see.
Ericat15 chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
I was hesitant to read this after seeing the warning, but... There are only five chapters, if I figured if I started reading, I could always stop.

I didn't want to stop. Since this is my second read around, I plan to read all five chapters in one sitting, I am going to review them all in this review box here, its easier on my internet, or whatever determines how fast the pages load.

Note: SPOILERS FOLLOW!

Chapter One:

I really loved your summary of how John felt, I thought of how alone I've felt, and remembered feeling like it was all so unfair for John, because this being alone wasn't his choice at all.

I really like how you've introduced Sherlock back into the picture, you give little idea of what he's been up to the past month, but its not entirely important given him being caught by Sebastian.

When you first introduced the idea of Sherlock being chained, I was imagining him chained away from the wall how John is, but I like the idea of him being chained near the wall, it makes the cold feel more pressing.

My mind wondered these things...

Is he sitting, or standing? what form of gag has been used? what are the chains like?

What are the holding cell walls made of that makes the one retractable? when I think of holding cells, I think of concrete, and as far as I know, most concrete is too heavy to be made into sliding upwards walls, but my mind is now working to make the wall open sideways, and still be made of cement.

What were the welts from, as in, what implement, can Sherlock tell, is it something he would think of after the initial oh-my-fuck- wore off?

I like that Sebastian had arranged it for Sherlock to be able to hear John, but John can't hear him.

Chapter Two:

I really wanted to see some sort of thought-quip from John about how he loathed being called Johnny, or something humorous like that, because a part of me, wants to find something to smile at in this.

Now to contradict what I said earlier... I feel like John shouldn't know for certain its a riding crop Sebastian is using, if he can't see it, and hasn't been told, how would he know that is what is being used? How does John know it is Sebastian? has he been told or figured it out?

I ... loved, is loved an appropriate word to use? I appreciated the image of Sebastian holding up John's head to look at Sherlock.

Chapter three:

I really like that Sherlock being there gave John hope, its a bit sad at the same time, but it gave me hope to! Ohhh how will this end?

I like the little set up Sebastian does, quiet the wretch he is. I feel nothing but loathing for the man. Though, unfortunately for all of us, he is right, and seems to have a good grasp on the idea that physical pain inflicted on someone is of little consequence, but when you get someone they care about and put them in pain, it is much much worse. I like how you've shown this feeling through John too, he wants to be strong for Sherlock and show he's not in as much pain as he is, so that Sherlock is not in as much pain.

I thought it was disgusting how Sebastian demanded that John not cry out, because how can John help but cry out. Can I kill this man, please?

the rape scene... I considered, very strongly, skipping over this, but I'm not going to because somethings just need to be addressed, and I'm not about to go all HATE on you, if that were the case I just wouldn't mention it at all.

Today I had a conversation about rape, and how the word gets thrown around all the time, i.e. "the gas stations rape you with the prices", I find this fairly abhorrent because, lets come to terms with this, rape is something that happens, in itself, to an individual, it can happen to a number of individuals, but isn't a word to bandy about when bitching about the price of gas. I'm mentioning this so that you're aware of where I am kind of at with the word, the act that the word implies, and everything connected to it.

Thank whoever one wants to thank, that John fought, tried to fight, I hope we get to see any damage he's done Sebastian. Because most of the scene was based around dialogue, it was a bit easier to read than I thought it would be. Sebastian is relentless, but he is weak, weak because he wants so badly to destroy Sherlock, and John can do little to stop that.

I like that John looked at Sherlock, even if he was demanded to do so. I imagine it gave him some little amount of strength, to focus on Sherlock on something other than what was happening.

I have to wonder what Sebastian thinks he's going to get out of this, in the end. In the end he thinks he'll destroy John, through John he'll destroy Sherlock, and then what? Kill Sherlock or Sherlock will die, and then what will Sebastian be left with?

I appreciated that John didn't do anything afterwards to 'clean himself up' a thousand showers wouldn't make him feel clean.

Again, I'm really not hating on this as I thought you did a good job of going into the more emotional, feeling related side of things. I think it could've been made a bit more, sense-related, what did the mattress feel like, what did the ceiling look like, what did anything but Sebastian Moran feel like to keep John's mind away from what was happening.

Chapter four:

Its about time I say how much I like your flip-flopping between John and Sherlock!

I love how you describe Sherlock's state of mind as he watches, and remind us that he is still trying to find a way out of this hell.

"Moran had become increasingly twisted" - I like this, it shows Sebastian's desperation to break Sherlock, and puts further light on his cruelty.

Sherlock thinking back to his childhood was a nice touch!

Ahh! The plot does thicken and being to boil nicely! Sherlock frustrated with Sebastian and with himself is expected, but Sherlock frustrated with Mycroft, that my dear writer, was NOT expected, and how I gobbled up the next few paragraphs!

I also really like how through this chapter, you've shown us a glimpse into John, through Sherlock. i.e. "Not to John. The man was emotionally driven. This wouldn't break him. This would kill him." I also like that Sherlock is in denial here.

Oh gosh, oh golly, oh hell and spite and fury fly. Where the fuck is Mycroft? Get them out of this. I think reading Sherlock's side of things was more difficult than reading John's! You made a good point with it I think, Sebastian was, indeed, correct that this would break Sherlock more than it would break John, in a way.

Chapter Five:

The title gave me hope, at least the word "Rescue" gave me hope! Thank you for that glimmer.

The self hatred John feels is, horribly accurate.. which leads me to the question, why do victims most often, at least in part, blame themselves? It's an interesting psychological detail that I have not figured out the why of.

As Re: Sebastian's comment about giving John false hope.. It may be false, but at least it is hope, something to hold onto and live for.

Oh please please please update soon! Huzzah for Lestrade! I can't wait to see Sherlock and John turn Sebastian into tiny bits of bloody confetti.

I realize this review is rather littered with personal opinion and nitpickyness, but overall, I am enjoying it, I love the take you're putting on Sherlock's emotions and what happens when they are toyed with.
FantasySci5 chapter 5 . 4/12/2012
OMG, don't stop there! This is an amazing fic, I love torture and rape, and God, that makes me sound like a horrible person, doesn't it? :P

Poor John, I loved that Sherlock had to watch him break, and I really want to see where the hell Mycroft has been, and John healing and the Sherlock/John after all of that...Please?