Reviews for The Duck Pond
elijahlover chapter 12 . 11/21/2013
Lol love it so much xx amazingly fluffy xx
timano chapter 12 . 11/17/2012
An excellent story, and an illustration of why I think River as a love interest for the Doctor is far more plausible than any other companion since Romana.
AliasMarie chapter 12 . 9/6/2012
This is awesome! I love non-psychopath Mels! Of course, I love psychopath Mels too... :) Wonderful characterizations and a lovely plot.
quibilah chapter 12 . 5/30/2012
I absolutely loved every minute of this! I really liked how you used a weeping angle to have her go back in time. I would love to see more based on this idea if you are ever interested in expanding it. Again, loved every thing about it!

Quibilah
TomorrowNeverCame chapter 12 . 5/26/2012
This was a really unique story and really well written! But the end seemed a bit unfinished. For instance, is the Doctor and River's relationship still the same back-to-front as in the series and is River still the same person? Because the Doctor called her River, but never makes a mention of it and Amy and Rory don't seem to recognize her new regeneration as anyone they've met before, but the Doctor definitely seems more comfortable with her than he did with Mels. That was a little confusing.
Bioluminescence chapter 12 . 5/23/2012
Oh, that was lovely. Such an original idea, and you executed it so well. Thanks so much for a wonderful read!
JaneScarlett chapter 11 . 5/10/2012
Awww. This is so sweet!
Sylva Dax chapter 11 . 5/10/2012
I'm sorry but the emotional elements of this chapter. just don't ring true. I know you were trying to stick closely to the dialog of LKH and it would have worked if Melody hadn't left to get a new wardrobe. She just regenerated after being shot in an attempt to save her mother. Amy's and her daughter's relationship needed to be the immediate focus after Melody's manic inspection of herself.

Also, the Doctor calls Melody River out of the blue and they play with the name. River Song has not been a factor in this story at all. A trip to the Gamma Forest resulting in Melody being called River Song would be my suggestion. I don't know; you may have a few more chapters before that epilogue. Not that I'm trying to delay the end of one of my favorite stories.
AEK chapter 10 . 5/3/2012
I love this chapter, Rory being the ever protector, Amy struggling to deal and Nelson sacrificing herself yet again for someone she loves.

Please update soon.
Sylva Dax chapter 10 . 5/2/2012
What, no trip to Berlin? Once again you've given us an excellent alternative.

One question: Was River a part of their adventures in the past? Spoilers?
SageQ anyalev.vampyahoo.com chapter 9 . 4/26/2012
I actually really like this, I suppose this means their time-lines are no longer back-to-front. Can't wait till she regenerates into River Song!
Sylva Dax chapter 9 . 4/23/2012
You've got my mind racing a mile a minute imagining where this story is going next. I was close to tears with this last chapter. The feeling of loss and rejection that Amy and Mels suffer through was palpable. I loved how accepting and supportive the Doctor and Rory were.
Sylva Dax chapter 3 . 4/23/2012
Great way to blend in dialog from LKH.
Sylva Dax chapter 2 . 4/23/2012
This one nearly broke my heart. More than once I've provided a home for someone else's child to keep them from winding up on those very streets.

I loved your explanation of how Melody found her way back to Leadworth.
Sylva Dax chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
I am hooked. A very well-written start to an intriguing twist of the Doctor/River Song story. I love the way you don't have Melody see an angel. Instead she smells old stone. Bravo!