Reviews for Pelgo 14
The Puppy Schwag chapter 1 . 4/30
This is a short prologue. Let's be honest. For such a short one, though, it's good. It focuses on the plight of a group, at least in part, on the fact that they're at sea, with dwindling supplies, and forced to resort to cannibalism (spoilers) to survive. Once, at least. This sets the tone, as the Ark's conditions aren't all that better (this we know) and introduces one of the characters, maybe possibly. It's short, but it's effective.

But it has issues. I grant that most everyone that will ever read this has played the game, but I usually write in such a way that no one knows the story I'm telling but myself. Well... now I do, anyway, I was... bad... bad bad bad about that early in my writing days. But even if it's fanfiction, I generally have things explained, even things that happen in canon. Exposition, sure, but let's get serious here; sometimes it's warranted, so long as you don't do it in a cafe/restaurant/food place. That's overused. I mean (spoilers) the world was freaking FLOODED. Why are people on the boat not thinking about this? Or on the Ark? There are probably people that think about it. They'd recount what they did and where they were when the flood waters rose. Granted, this happens later, but it's... what, a brief mention?

Either way, still works. On to Chapter One.
The Puppy Schwag chapter 12 . 4/27
Speaking as a fan of Brink, I really, really disliked the game, not for the stuff that people generally complained about- I disliked that as well- but the big offender was not giving me any story to work off of. The entire idea was multiplayer all the time, and while that can work, I have at least get some serious, grade-A story if there isn't going to be a devoted story mode.

But I LOVED Brink! Brink was like that friend that I kinda don't like, but can't help but feel drawn towards. I don't know what it was, not even now, but something about that game made me keep coming back. So, you can imagine my... lack of surprise, mixed with a small amount of amazement, at what little a count the game has on . I have to wonder why people don't have a lot of ideas for this. It doesn't have a whole lot of story expanded upon in the game, audio logs included, which means you can put in what you like, so long as it meshes.

So why am I talking about all that crap? To say that out of all the other fics concerning Brink here, THIS- Pelgo 14- is by far my favorite one. Out of four fics, I know. But what does it do that the game does not, I had to think about long and hard. I know what it did. Putting it here, now, would be the best idea, but so I ensure that I have my ideas in order and my citations correct, I will read each chapter again- it's worth it- and review every one to point out why this is a -freaking good story-.

wb Anticipate it, dear author. I will be anticipating it, as well.
Loyaltothelegion chapter 12 . 3/18
Wow, I think I love this story. The multiple viewpoints works well, so not every event is purely from the characters eyes. I've got to admit, I'm excitted thinking about what's going to happen now.
Clevingerrr chapter 12 . 3/12/2014
This was one the first fanfics I had ever read on the site, back in my unregistered days. Still as good as I remember! It's a wonderful mix of established characters and OC's, and the swapping of POV's is well-executed and easy to follow. Even though I'm more of a Security guy myself, I can appreciate seeing the events of the story from the Resistance's perspective. I'm hoping that, one of these days, you'll come back to this story and give it a proper conclusion. Judging by the "Remember Pelgo 14" graffiti on one of the guns (forgot which) in the game, I'd imagine it won't end too well for either side...
Bares His Teeth chapter 3 . 9/9/2012
cool story keep wrightin
Foreteller of Three chapter 11 . 8/31/2012
This gettinh good, update as soon as you can
Foevergaurd chapter 7 . 4/5/2012
This is a really awesome story, I just decided to one day look for a Brink Fanfic, because this was an awesome game, an I found this master piece, keep up the good work.
themysteriousman97 chapter 6 . 3/28/2012
HA, Nice opening to this chapter! Pretty violent, but still good. Now, since you know me, you know that that's my style! :P

Anyways, keep writing this story, pretty good, looks like its getting somewhere! I hope you just keep writing this. Also, I would BOLD the "POV" changes to make them clearer.

Good Job! I have reviewed!

-the-mysteriousman-who-you-probably-already-know-who-i-am-and-knows-who-you-are-and-is-not-a-stalker-rankrishnabagawan-lightbulb-not-indian-trains-commie-supporter-97... .com
Foreteller of Three chapter 6 . 3/16/2012
Light: hm, things r starting 2 look bad for the founders, especially since the guests r starting to get angsty

Dark: Founders with a problem? It's their fault that they've haven't found da solution to everyone's water problem!

Me: But let's see how this'll end for everyone on the ark
themysteriousman97 chapter 5 . 3/15/2012
Ok, I clicked the blue line of text, I thought that the chapter was somewhat less "morbid", I think about trains, and you failed to use the Chinese langauge in your fanfic... :P:D:P:D

-the very mysterious and you probably know who i am man who is also knows who you are... (im not a stalker...yet):)
FeeptheNinja chapter 5 . 3/13/2012
I FINALLY REVIEWED EET

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW, MONSUIER GUILT-TRIP

but no seriously. eet's good.

... Arkoral is scary. •_•
themysteriousman97 chapter 3 . 3/1/2012
You must keep writing... I will continually bug you until you post your next chapter.

-The Mysterious Man
themysteriousman97 chapter 2 . 3/1/2012
Wow, you just couldn't get by with any story without making a Chinese stereotype. Allow me to quote the chapter, " the sound of his voice would have an equal effect on a room whether he were saying 'I'm going to shoot you all now' or 'Yes, Santa, I'd like a magical pony for Christmas'" Really? :P Anyways, good chapter and exellent writing. You should continue you guess who this mysterious man is?
kingkorps chapter 2 . 2/25/2012
good job man I might have to start to writing BRINK stories now...
thesalmonskin chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
No, definitely not a one-time thing. I just don't have access to a PC with Internet access very often, so I won't be able to update too often.