Reviews for The Empty Kitchen
Aisukuri-Mu Studio chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Angsty angst angst makes Crystal said-but I loved it all the same! ;A; You did this so well! And it's so...John-ish, because it used the same infamous piece of dialogue from ASiP! Genius! Well done! ;A; Excellently written.

Nicolettelovestheboys chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Bravo! Nicely done. Loved the kettle flashbacks.
LOTRlover chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Loved it. Wonderfully, wonderfully written. You're one of the best fanfic writers I've ever come across! Thank you for this.
SummerW chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
This is a great story and I especially loved the story within of the two kettles. It is just so John and Sherlock and probably the saddest thing about the whole scene because after all it is always the little things. :') Thank you for such an enjoyably story. :)
CrazyCousinEiko chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Even though I KNOW that Sherlock will come back, that everything will eventually be fine, with fics like these I always feel my heart breaking for dear, sweet John. that poor, poor man. I just... want to give him a hug. I'm glad you had Mrs Hudson here for support. She's such a wonderful character, and this showcases it wonderfully. :)
EmRose92 chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
The last few paragraphs just broke my heart, I want you to know. That's all.
lilsammywinchester chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
poor john
Raye Black chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
I never noticed how much John uses "Fine," in the series. I think you did a great job!
StillBreathing202 chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
That was phenomenal. I'm actually sitting here crying. It was the way you had the funny little story about blood in the kettle and how annoying it was and then the way it just hit him. That was the point that really got. Your John and Mrs. Hudson were remarkably in character.

One of the best Sherlock fics I've read and I hope I can read more of your work soon :)
She Steps On Cracks chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Tears, actual tears in my eyes. You, my friend, have just broken my heart, right there. I sincerely hope you're happy.

Seriously, to get John down with that level of skill on the first foray into the fandom is amazing. Notwithstanding that fact, this is truly phenomenal piece of work. It tugs the heartstrings in all the right places - it's not overdone at all; by contrast, beautifully understated. You've conveyed John's vulnerability wonderfully - from your writing, you clearly can see he's a soldier - used to powering through when it's tough, used to being the one being leaned on, used to having to hold it together for others.

The way you've echoed the words spoken between them is...haunting. There's just something in what it does and what it illustrates that really hits home. I'm sorry I can't put it to you better than that. When I read this, I can clearly hear John's voice in the text - and that's not something easily done.

But the clincher is the ever-shortening "Sher-", "Sherl-", "Sh-". That's what takes the grief biscuit. All the while, I'm yelling in my head for him to not give up.

If you ever need a quick Brit-pick and your mum isn't to hand, I'd be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

Thank you for writing this, it was a true pleasure to read.

All the best.