Reviews for The Weight of Expectation
cejsmom chapter 1 . 5/8/2017
Sad that this doesn't shock me, and even more sad or what she had to endure. It also explains your love of a certain Torontonian.
Sarah Amin chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
Ok now I really want to know what happens next .. Her life was impossible & hard bit how exactly did she differ from her mother with Edward .. She was even worse , she had the means to help her son without the pain thag she caused him while her mother only pushed her because she had nothing ..
Jinni chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
Well done! You caught my interest from the first lines, and have developed this story with references to location and music which many will recognize. Describing her slow entrapment into exploitation, both by the professor and the anonymous young man bear parallels to the plight of many would-be artists. The natural desires of the human heart to be valued are often the avenues by which this is carried out. What you have written so far has me wanting more!
Momma Laura chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
I don't think I ever told you how much I liked this character study...it explains much and then again, really doesn't. Nature vs. nurture. Education vs. upbringing. Still get surprising results, regardless of which is stronger. I'm not sure she's redeemable in Bella's eyes, though, in the story...or Renee's nor Edward's?
VeThena chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
So sad.
I miss Beside Still Waters. Please continue it.
GorGirl chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
I just found this when I was looking up Beside Still Waters. It's good to see Esme's background to know how she became the person we see now. Thanks!
santamia chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
So happy to get something that relates to Beside Still Waters, so thank you!

It was really lovely to see where Esme comes from and unfortunately I see it, I get it but I still don't like her.

For me, her and Edward are so very hard to like. Although some of my dislike toward Edward has now gone to Esme he is still the one that walked away from his wife and his daughter for 5 years, Esme helped him but it was his choice to stay away.

Thank you so much for this.
xtothey chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
It did help me to understand Esme - I still don't want to like her - but I think I understand her.
LoveMeSomeAngst chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
To say that I was thrilled to see more of Beside Still Waters doesn't really come close. Thanks for sharing a little of Esme's history. I hope you have a chance to update BSW soon, I miss it.
Rochelle Allison chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
practically perfect in every way...
TrulyOutrageous chapter 1 . 2/20/2012