Reviews for Ease
kyle mcGuire chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
Best Lazlo fic ever written, no matter how short this is.
Please write more about them!
Lushard chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
Would reallyyyy love to see a sequel!
Rie Mizuki chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Wow. Flare is really care about her brother. So touching. Please keep writing!
Empyrea chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
short and sweet

pretty good fic here :3
Moonlight M3lody chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Hi!

I thought I had reviewed this earlier, really! When I saw your review, I knew that your name sounded familiar so I checked the archive again.

I really love this brother-sister relationship. Too bad they never get to know about each other.

Perhaps I should play the game again. I got the good ending, but I continued where my brother left so I don't actually know the first half of the story(including this part)-except some event I watched in passings.

Finally, a fic with sensible grammar,eh? I have only read this and Immunity, but please write more for Suikoden:)
Armchair Professor chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
You are such a gifted author! Lazlo's dialogue was so smooth and natural, and Flare's emotions communicated off the page and into me while reading them. Someone reading this would easily mistake it as nsome esoteric side event from the game itself, although this would have been somewhat better written.

Well done. _
Marmora F. An Nora chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
All right, I am crying. Just Kidding. Good story.
suikodengel chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
LOL at -joke on you Flare, Lazlo alive- hehe but then it's feel great to read this a different point of view from the princess & I like it keep up the good work )
Rayless Night chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Flare is a character I wanted to know better in-game, so I like how this story explores how she might have dealt with all these difficulties - not carrying the burden of the leader, but carrying the burden of fighting alongside and caring for the leader. It's a less dramatic pain, but it's very real. I like your take on her a lot.

The story's structure works well with the theme, especially in its use of indirect (or at least quote-less) dialogue. It enforces a distance between the reader and the characters, just as Flare, though she's close to Lazlo, can't get close enough to his problems to confront them.

It's so grim and heartbreaking when Lazlo falters and the best policy is to cover it up - the characters see the truth, but no one, not even Lazlo, can change it. So that makes Flare's determination to comfort him all the more important and valuable - she really is doing the most she can, even when it isn't enough.

Crit:

Small typo: "Fthe princess snapped"

As far as mechanics go, this is really good and you don't overwhelm the characters with melodrama or angst. I think the pacing could be tightened though, either by removing extraneous words and/or by condensing some lines/paragraphs. For instance, the lines "He was the bearer of one of the most accursed...gods know who else" might have more impact if they were shortened.