Reviews for The secret
antinomian chapter 22 . 4/22
Wow, I didn't realize they'd both be trans. That's interesting.
antinomian chapter 16 . 4/22
Goodness, her father is awful! She just tried to commit suicide over gender dysphoria, and he's misgendering her the first time he talks to her. Wow.
antinomian chapter 15 . 4/22
Oh wow...this is dark. The idea of Ethel being suicidal is quite disturbing, but it's interesting at the same time. I kind of hope Drusilla does actually fancy her.
antinomian chapter 14 . 4/22
Poor kid! Nobody's explained to her that transwomen can be lesbians too. That must be super confusing for her.
antinomian chapter 12 . 4/22
I think there may be a couple points that aren't 100% accurate in this chapter, namely that not all trans people go through GRS, and in some places it's possible to change your gender marker on driver's licenses and such without the surgery (I'm not sure how it is in the UK). Props for knowing that it's gender dysphoria now and that GID is no longer in the DSM. One of my friends' doctors didn't even know that yet, and this doctor is supposed to specialize.

I'm digging this idea. I actually wondered for a while if trans people in the Worst Witch universe would naturally be good at the "opposite" gender's things. It's interesting to see Ethel's perfectionism be a way of covering for her insecurities about being trans.
antinomian chapter 6 . 4/22
This is a great chapter. I really like how Ethel interpreted that first meeting so that Mildred was the one being mean because of her insecurity. It makes her more 3-dimensional, I think.

I also love that they listen to the Spell Girls.
antinomian chapter 1 . 4/22
Interesting so far. Is Edward transgender or just more intrigued by witchcraft than wizardry?
James chapter 22 . 10/11/2013
Im FTM transgender and I find this very insightful! Would love an update! .

Although I don't think calling someone 'a transgender' is correct. It's not really a noun. More a word to describe ourselves. :)
Pixel and Stephanie Forever chapter 21 . 8/14/2012
YOU DIRTY ROTTEN SCANDREL!

I NEED TO KNOW WHO JASON IS

Would I be right in suggesting it is Drusilla?
Pixel and Stephanie Forever chapter 11 . 3/17/2012
Interesting, Lynn...

Please continue this, but dont bunch it all up - add spaces between speakers
typicalRAinbow chapter 11 . 3/9/2012
Poor Ethel. Well done on your first story. It's an interesting take on Worst Witch. Plot's nicely paced as well :)The only suggestion I have would be to space out your paragraphs a bit and start a new line when somebody speaks, it just makes a bit more readable but other then that it's shaping up nicely :)
SweetlyMagnifique chapter 4 . 2/21/2012
Another nice little chapter, well done :)
DissectingPomegranates chapter 4 . 2/21/2012
Okay! After re-reading the fic and getting over jet lag I can see all the pieces now!

Good chapter, slightly ooc but a fresh idea so keep it up :D
DissectingPomegranates chapter 3 . 2/21/2012
Personally, I'm not a fan of Ethel but great opening and not introducing her to the very end of the last chapter!

Well done.

As for Edward, what a wee shame but maybe things are looking up? Him and Ethel?

Dun dun dunnnnn! :)

Can't wait for the next chapter and well done for your first fic
SweetlyMagnifique chapter 3 . 2/21/2012
Well done another great chapter, can't wait for more :D